Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2013, 09:48 PM

2,072 posts, read 1,755,977 times

Advertisements

Another great book. LONG but very good.

Old 02-13-2013, 09:48 PM

799 posts, read 1,094,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelYell14 View Post
You think that's white privilege eh? I say its because Whites are better at building societies...we are to be blamed for that? I mean hell we came to America and turned it into a world power,the indians sure didn't start that. Asian countries seem pretty nice as well. Japan,China,Hong Kong,Singapore. For example.Maybe its just some races are brighter at developing and keeping a society going than others.Oh and some Arab countries are quite nice as well. Iran for instance.
Better Societies?.....

Where imperialism, racism, sexism, assimilation, and genocide would be rolled into one and called patriotism in White societies...

Old 02-13-2013, 09:49 PM

420 posts, read 335,105 times
Quote:
Heard of it. I will put it on my list to read.
Then read Authentic Happiness.

Old 02-13-2013, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoodsofATL View Post
Better Societies?.....

Where imperialism, racism, sexism, assimilation, and genocide would be rolled into one and called patriotism in White societies...
You are a mad mad person aren't you. Is racism holding you back from being the next president? Oh I do wonder...all this imaginary racism holding blacks and latinos back how is it we have a mixed president? Obviously didn't hold him back to much.Maybe its because he worked hard for what he wanted? I hate the man with a passion but he obviously worked hard to get where he wanted to be.

Old 02-13-2013, 09:51 PM

1,303 posts, read 1,097,972 times
Quote:
Heard of it. I will put it on my list to read.
It basically states that Europeans were "blessed" with geography, domesticatible animals, etc.
Basically what our ancestors did was all a matter of "chance".

My people went through the ice age, they weren't in some tropical region with fruit hanging from the trees year round. Europeans are a race of planners, those who couldn't plan died off. That's why Europeans are the wealthiest, most accomplished people ever to walk this earth.

Old 02-13-2013, 09:53 PM

1,303 posts, read 1,097,972 times
Quote:
Another great book. LONG but very good.
I hear you on that.

It also wouldn't hurt to be familiar with college level statistics with that one.

Old 02-13-2013, 09:54 PM

Ah. We were blessed eh? Interesting lol..Even if we were blessed with these things then how did we become the most dominant race on earth? We built GREAT societies. Among other things...guess those were just blessed to...Tim if you got any good books I should read pass them my way. I love to read.

Old 02-13-2013, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Ah so its white folks fault that other races can't get above it all eh? Seems to me Asians,Jews,Whites,are doing quite well despite this fake aura of racism that blacks and hispanics seem to think exists...
Stop it... You mean to tell me about the Black Asians like Cambodians, South Vietnamese, South Koreans don't go through a caste system. Or maybe that Jews joined into white culture and took over a religion and land from the Black Hebrews and Pakistanians, respectively... Catch up with the info.

Old 02-13-2013, 10:05 PM

Quote:
You are a mad mad person aren't you. Is racism holding you back from being the next president? Oh I do wonder...all this imaginary racism holding blacks and latinos back how is it we have a mixed president? Obviously didn't hold him back to much.Maybe its because he worked hard for what he wanted? I hate the man with a passion but he obviously worked hard to get where he wanted to be.
Of course I'm upset, not mad. I won't go into the life of Barry for you, but if you say so. Anyways I realized not to long ago how racist this country really is from east to west, north to south. How can a country built on racism change their tradition in just 50 years? I'll be the brave one and says it hasn't.

Old 02-13-2013, 10:07 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,936,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoodsofATL View Post
Of course, you wouldn't understand you need significant amounts of melanin in your skin to understand. White Privilege, is more so about oppression of the non-whites in this country, which most whites have little understanding or idea about...
Is this why so many blacks play sports and can you tell me are those athletes poor??? Blacks in music....Beyonce and JayZ doing very well and how about Oprah richest WOMAN not richest Black Woman alive.

Then we have millionaire Vick and just what did he show young boys..... you do know dog fighting has raised 10 fold since he showed the world his millions wasn't enough that he could abuse innocent dogs also.

Give me a break blacks have an advantage they just need to see to they do it for their selves. I don't believe Oprah or Bill Cosby cried for government and society to see them different than the rest.

Oppression you really need to get some new friends that think more postive about life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies