Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2013, 03:05 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,397,659 times

Advertisements

Wait... people live in Wyoming?

Or at least enough for their to be some sort of robust political controversies?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2013, 03:11 PM

9,961 posts, read 17,519,162 times
"Look, I don't know how you citified liberal pastor types do things in your high falutin' big urban cities like Roanoke, Virginia--but out here in Wyoming we learn to not question our elected officials, you got that now, Ms. Park Avenue city slicker?"

Old 02-15-2013, 03:15 PM

23,866 posts, read 24,105,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
It was a condescending letter that insulted the culture of the state she had CHOSEN to move to for the sake of her family. Had she not written a bully letter, she may have gotten a different type of response.
Also of note is that she wrote to at least one representative of a district other than the one she resides in. The article mentioned that she wrote reps all over the state. Why is she wasting her and their time? Those people don't represent her. She's being pretty presumptuous by doing that, and a little backlash is not undeserved, IMO.

Old 02-15-2013, 03:19 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,946,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inoxkeeper View Post
You *******s are getting your wish!

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...-u-s-over.html

Tell me, what will you do when you run out of other peoples money?
Feel free to follow them. I will help you pack.

Old 02-15-2013, 03:22 PM

1,473 posts, read 3,571,826 times
By the time the fracking science is done and in (don't hold your breath) much, much water may well be contaminated beyond recovery. Nasty business. Lots of unknown chemicals. Cause and effects to come.

Old 02-15-2013, 03:26 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,731,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
I'm not telling you to be silent, I am asking you to have a rational discussion rather than toss insults.
Rational? I'm the one that's rational here, not you. What you wish to ask me is to have a calm, relaxed discussion. How does one have that with irrational individuals, who are absent of logic or real facts, and rely only on partial facts, cafeteria facts, factoids, and whatever they hear on hate radio? When you tell me that, we'll talk calmly.

Old 02-15-2013, 03:29 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,516,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inoxkeeper View Post
Zero *******s maybe but its full of real Americans!

Real 'Murican's!

That there is Cheney Country!

Old 02-15-2013, 03:39 PM

23,866 posts, read 24,105,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Living among oil and coal field trash, and tourist industry service workers, is not my idea of a good place to raise a family.
You should DEFINITELY stay away from there, then. And Texas. You'd HATE those two states, and I certainly wouldn't want you to be unhappy. Whatever you do, DO NOT visit or ESPECIALLY move to either Wyoming or Texas.

It's a strange coincidence that one of those two states is most likely going to be the next state I call home.

Old 02-15-2013, 03:55 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,729,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Living among oil and coal field trash, and tourist industry service workers, is not my idea of a good place to raise a family.

If you're going to call us "*******s" then I hope you can deal with us talking frankly about your State.
Calling people trash? Good Grief! And WHAT is wrong with tourist industry service workers? You gotta problem with people working with their hands?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Wait... people live in Wyoming?

Or at least enough for their to be some sort of robust political controversies?
576,412 people as of July 2012. Enough to start a good argument.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
Rational? I'm the one that's rational here, not you. What you wish to ask me is to have a calm, relaxed discussion. How does one have that with irrational individuals, who are absent of logic or real facts, and rely only on partial facts, cafeteria facts, factoids, and whatever they hear on hate radio? When you tell me that, we'll talk calmly.
Rational people do not mock others for having red hair.

Old 02-15-2013, 04:14 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,731,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
You should DEFINITELY stay away from there, then. And Texas. You'd HATE those two states, and I certainly wouldn't want you to be unhappy. Whatever you do, DO NOT visit or ESPECIALLY move to either Wyoming or Texas.

It's a strange coincidence that one of those two states is most likely going to be the next state I call home.
I've been to Texas, and its people are of all kinds. The libs are AWESOME! The right wingnuts, however, are such trash. They're racist even when they're not trying to be. For ex., when I was there, I was treated to some real hospitality at a friend of a friend's house, very well-to-do people. They went out of their way to serve me all kinds of things, and invite me over in the future, yada yada, but oh my God, the N word came out of their mouth flowing like water. I walked away feeling like I'd just been violated, and I'm white.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies