Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2013, 02:53 PM

8,882 posts, read 5,365,025 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
Rush Limbaugh should be drug tested. He's a drug addict and was arrested for fraud in connection with his drug addiction.
Rush isn't collecting welfare.

Old 02-15-2013, 02:57 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,296,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
The majority of people that actually work for a living have to be drug test,
Citation requested

To all those who want to drug test everyone receiving tax money, any consideration into the expense of doing so?

I can think of two reasons would be for this testing
1) to save money
2) to punish

If your reasoning is the first reason, then shouldn't you provide some evidence that it would actually do so.
If your reasoning is the second reason, then, well...

Old 02-15-2013, 03:06 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,729,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
Rush isn't collecting welfare.
Maybe not the kind of welfare you're most concerned with (the little food stamps, etc.) but he sure as hell is getting the welfare given him by right wingnuts - the massive deductions, the ridiculously low taxation rate, the benefit of working on free air waves that he should be paying for, as they belong to all citizens, and many other things. But you don't care about those, I know. It's the poor that really really ruin your world.

Old 02-15-2013, 03:06 PM

2,137 posts, read 1,901,359 times
Quote:
Republican/right wing ideology has been in vogue for the past 32 years. Now here we are, our country a mess, and you're skipping through the fields wondering why conservatives this, conservatives that? What I'm wondering is, where have you been these past years? Asleep?
Has it now, who has controlled congress these past years? A fine job they have done, spending on top of spending, with more spending for good measure. And what are we hearing from our elected leaders today? That we haven't been spending enough and need to do more. The staple of the conservative ideology no doubt.
I'm the one whose asleep....

Old 02-15-2013, 03:09 PM

2,137 posts, read 1,901,359 times
Quote:
Maybe not the kind of welfare you're most concerned with (the little food stamps, etc.) but he sure as hell is getting the welfare given him by right wingnuts - the massive deductions, the ridiculously low taxation rate, the benefit of working on free air waves that he should be paying for, as they belong to all citizens, and many other things. But you don't care about those, I know. It's the poor that really really ruin your world.
Didn't get enough communism back in cuba huh?

Old 02-15-2013, 03:18 PM

8,882 posts, read 5,365,025 times
Quote:
You are not entitled to free airtime. Neither is Rush.

Old 02-15-2013, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFi View Post
Has it now, who has controlled congress these past years? A fine job they have done, spending on top of spending, with more spending for good measure. And what are we hearing from our elected leaders today? That we haven't been spending enough and need to do more. The staple of the conservative ideology no doubt.
I'm the one whose asleep....
Yeah, and with fascists that refuse to deal with a president that is a color they just don't like. What's more, you want him to fix a 32 year right wing f'k up in a few days, and with a bunch of fascists proclaiming that they won't budge. Nice!

No, you ARE the one asleep.

Old 02-15-2013, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
You are not entitled to free airtime. Neither is Rush.
He's getting it. And he's sucking off the public teat, but you're cool with that. You're just not cool if the person receiving something is poor and needs it. Then you put on your metal breastplates, your horned viking helmet, and go into battle.

Old 02-15-2013, 03:32 PM

7,242 posts, read 7,904,172 times
I see now why Florida crazy is so well known in the US. It means the people in question are filthy drug addled incompetents which really describes most people living in Florida.

Old 02-15-2013, 03:35 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,943,270 times
I would agree to drug tests for welfare recipients if we can agree that people who have an arsenal of weapons in their closet should have mental evaluations and then have their weapons taken if it is determined that they have mental issues.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies