Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2013, 11:56 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,258,566 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
I wonder if Dr. Carson is up for this. I wonder if he knew that he would become a poster child for RWNJs. Somehow I don't think that was his intention, but you never know. Lesson learned, if I ever want my 15 minutes of fame, I need to disagree with Obama in a public forum. I'm black so I will be all over Fox News and Fauxservative blogs just for doing so.
Most of us know you and never worry about your race, but then I don't think a false attempt by you to convince us that you aren't a leaner will work.

Old 02-15-2013, 11:57 AM

5,261 posts, read 4,154,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Its that PC crap that Carson talked about in that speech that caused me to believe in him. I forgot to even look at the color of his skin when he was talking and according to some of the people here I am a racist because I don't like what Obama is doing to this country and I keep forgetting what color he is till some of them remind me about how racist I am. I never let a chance to tell people how much I don't like his policies but they still call me racist because I don't like them.
Again, Roy, give us a specific example of someone here calling you a "racist" when you objected to one of Obama's policies.

Old 02-15-2013, 11:58 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,169,435 times
Quote:
Have you talked to Dr. Carson about this? Do you think the link was written by Carson or do you think that his talk about the Bible is used by him to buy some good thoughts the way Obama does it?
No need since I share the same branch of the faith. There's no need to talk to him about something that we profess. So for me, it was somewhat amusing to see those comments in an article about "the stoning of Carson."

Old 02-15-2013, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
It's not that rare at all. I have spoken with plenty of people, even one of my doctors who had issues with Obamacare. She is black and also a Democrat. I am sure if she spoke in public and said some of the things she said to me, she would be applauded and also mistaken for a Republican just because she disagreed with Obama on some things. She's not a Republican and it isn't because blacks are a monolith, it's because she is a liberal, who does believe that we should all have healthcare, but does not agree with the way he went about it. I know black republicans here in Texas...some of them are my friends. None of this is shocking to me and I do not attack people for stating their opinion.
But you surely as all hell attack me for stating my opinion of Obama policies. Why is that?

Old 02-15-2013, 11:59 AM

5,261 posts, read 4,154,641 times
Quote:
But you surely as all hell attack me for stating my opinion of Obama policies. Why is that?
Give us a specific example of you being labeled a "racist" for objecting to Obama's policies. Given how many threads in which you criticize Obama, this should be easy.

Old 02-15-2013, 12:01 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,294,472 times
Quote:
And from the reactions of the Alinsky followers it seems his timing was pretty darned good if he plans to enter the political game. Have you heard anything about which party he belongs to or favors? I haven't but don't think it will be Demoncraps when he enters the fray from all the attacks by the left and its media.

What in the hell does this have to do with what I posted?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
I thought you folks were out of the Alinsky stage. Is Glenn Beck obsessing about him again or something?

I don't care about what this gentleman has said. I was reading this thread and noticed that some of your comrades had started playing the race card game as you folks inevitably do when you finally unearth a minority group member who claims to be a Republican.
Since you don't care what the writer said why are you so excited about trying to tear him down? You need a good step back and look in the mirror session.

3,436 posts, read 2,948,521 times
Quote:

I have never attacked anyone for stating their opinion of Obama's policies. If someone lies, I point it out, but that isn't an attack.

20,892 posts, read 16,073,168 times
As far as I can tell, nobody on the left is paying much attention to this at all. The only place I have ever heard about this guy is from right wingers on this forum.

Old 02-15-2013, 12:03 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,169,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
As far as I can tell, nobody on the left is paying much attention to this at all. The only place I have ever heard about this guy is from right wingers on this forum.
You should have heard about him outside of all the political nonsense. His medical work is known all over the world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies