Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2013, 05:01 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,300,979 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
To the defenders of the failed diversity experiment this is just another fight. Nothing about diversity makes any bit of sense but on we march FORWARD.
I dunno.

I interact with people with different nationalities/ethnicities on nearly a daily basis without incident.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2013, 05:08 PM

2,003 posts, read 1,545,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
Your disingenuity is cute. You know the media would be all over this local story if the lunchroom riot were between whites and blacks.
No, they wouldn't. "Teenagers act stupid" isn't news.

Quote:
The tensions between African Americans and Somalian muslims are notorious in Minnesota, there have been other cases of riots breaking out at school sporting events, yet the media refuses to use these opportunities to start a national discourse on AA's and immigrant blacks, preferring instead to sweep it under the rug and maintain its focus on "white racism".
LOL! Back in the real world, the media is very reluctant to discuss racism, and when they do, it's often filled with false claims about Affirmative Action, or explaining why it's not at all racist to call black people uniquely lazy and stupid. "Racist" is like the word "liar" to them, they all clutch their pearls when anyone actually says it, even when it's completely obvious.

Quote:
Welcome to Obama's post-racial world where the media has become more racist then ever before. This is called progress and moving forward in the Democrat's backwards world.
You can believe that if you wish. But frankly, the media has actually become less racist, in that they are no longer employing obvious stereotypes with anywhere the frequency they did in the 80s or 90s.

Old 02-15-2013, 05:08 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,171,874 times
Yes, it's not unheard of at all. That's not to say that the non-African-American students are always innocent, but I have seen this kind of thing one too many times. That last story breaks my heart.

Old 02-15-2013, 05:18 PM

1,189 posts, read 2,553,925 times
This isn't newsworthy. Its just kids being stupid, both the American and Somalians. There are people starving, and you have teenagers wasting food like its nothing. They should put all of those kids on a plane and send them to Somalia to see whats its like to struggle for food up close and personal on a daily, weekly, monthly, yearly, decades long basis. After just a week, those kids would be humbled and changed forever.

Old 02-15-2013, 05:21 PM

2,003 posts, read 1,545,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
Back then politicians drinking water from a glass wasn't considered newsworthy either.
No, but a politician being awkward during a major event was. As one example, Nixon's sweating during his debate with Kennedy.

Quote:
No. It's the liberal mainstream media's focus on heavily promoting white-on-black violence (e.g. Zimmerman/Martin) while suppressing all other racial crimes (e.g. black flash mobs attacking white people at state fairs) that's fanning the flames of racism.
Um, so in these group attacks, how many times did the victim die, and in how many of them did the local police say "well clearly, this is self-defense, so we won't arrest these guys."?

You do understand that it was the refusal to arrest Zimmerman that drove the controversy, right?

Old 02-15-2013, 05:41 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,000,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
I dunno.

I interact with people with different nationalities/ethnicities on nearly a daily basis without incident.
Good for you. Perhaps you should move to Europe. Oops many have already declared the failed experiment of "multiculturalism". We of course can't learn from others mistakes so we push madly along.

Old 02-15-2013, 05:50 PM

1,189 posts, read 2,553,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribdoll View Post
Yes, it's not unheard of at all. That's not to say that the non-African-American students are always innocent, but I have seen this kind of thing one too many times. That last story breaks my heart.
Sad story. Maybe things change when kids get older. My friend is dating a Haitian guy, and my cousin is engaged to a Haitian guy. I once had a co-worker who's son in half-Haitian. From this video, once could assume that African-Americans and Haitians have major problems with each other, but from my experience this isn't so. I noticed that people are quick to show videos that confirm their negative beliefs about a particular group or groups, but don't show videos that counter that belief system. Such is life I suppose.

Old 02-15-2013, 05:59 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,645,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
If the combatants were White and Black and if the White kids were seen as the aggressors the national media would descend en masse. You better believe it and it would push off some stranded cruise ship off the top of the news.
Well, actually it was the Italians and Blacks fighting.

After so many years, I thought about those times and tried to understand why the riots happened. My high school was about equally black and white by the time I started there. I had lots of black friends, so I just couldn't understand it. I dropped out before my senior year because I didn't want to see teachers getting stabbed and kids running and screaming through the halls.

I think, in retrospect, the Italians (the guys, anyway) were getting POd because they used to OWN the school and when blacks started attending they turned out to be just as good, if not better, at sports, which was a big thing in high school.

So, I don't blame the riots on blacks or whites. I blame it on the stupid MALES! (of ANY color)

Old 02-15-2013, 06:04 PM

73,007 posts, read 62,585,728 times
As much as I know some of this is going on, the way I see it, the only reason you point this out is to say something bad about African-Americans. That is what I see from you. I have never heard you say anything about African-Americans being targeted by Hispanic gangs in California. Not a word from you about it. It makes me suspect you just don't like African-Americans. Really, what is your agenda?

Old 02-15-2013, 06:09 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,645,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Good for you. Perhaps you should move to Europe. Oops many have already declared the failed experiment of "multiculturalism". We of course can't learn from others mistakes so we push madly along.
So what are you saying, chief? All the blacks should go back to Africa? All the Indians go back to India? All the Chinese go back to China? All the Turks go back to Turkey? All the Swedes go back to Sweden?

And what about the whites? Should they all go back to whatever country their ancestors came from?
(that would be interesting, since I am English, Polish, and Russian)

The native American Indians came from Asia. Should they all be sent back to Asia?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies