Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-15-2013, 09:07 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,440,811 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Maybe some day a drunk driver will plow into your child and kill him/her and you could find some compassion for this poor father. Imagine watching your innocent children die right before your eyes? All because some idiot chose to drive drunk and plow into them.
That happened to a cousin of mine around 20 years ago. He died before his Mother did.

A RTA bus driver, did not see him walking, and ran him over. Needless to say every bone in his body was broken. He went into a coma, and never came out.

I honestly do not think my Aunt ever got over that ever. Now deceased, but hard to grasp reality after that fact. Her child was gone, she lived on. But it was hard. And the pain of losing her child before she or her Mother went, was too hard to face.

I have had my share of heartaches believe me.

2 family members who were murdered by scumbags. My cousin who was ran over by an RTA Bus. My inlaws son was driving the freeways in San Diego Calif 15 years ago, when a car hit him head on at high speeds. He died. It is a feeling i cannot describe, because you don't ever forget.

I feel for that Father as a loving parent. Don't know what will come of this case, or how others view it.

When you have a child who dies way before their time, and you outlive them, your life is never the same again. Your heart is filled with such sadness, and sometimes the good memories are not enough to see you thru.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2013, 09:15 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,003,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
You are nitpicking for the sake of being contrary. I woud bet that if the police determined that he was intoxicated by something other than alcohol in their report, it would have come out by the time that the article was written including the headline. Also, if the father felt that this was not just an unfortunate accident, but someone behaving irresponsibly and recklessly, there had to be something at the time of the incident that alerted him to the condition of the driver that killed his kids. The driver might have been reeking of alcohol...but then again, I am applying logic and common sense to deduce this conclusion.
No, you are making assumptions, which are not supported by evidence.

Old 02-15-2013, 09:17 PM

3,875 posts, read 3,870,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
What an idiot.

Now he is going to go to prison and leave his wife without a husband and daughters without a father.

This wasn't self defense, it was cold blooded murder.
No it wasn't. He had a very valid reason.

The poor father was probably out of his mind after seeing his two innocent young kids murdered by this reckless drunk's stupidity.

If anything it might have been a crime of passion and hopefully he'll walk.

Old 02-15-2013, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I'm glad there's one of you.
So am I.

Old 02-15-2013, 09:22 PM

25,847 posts, read 16,522,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post

The poor father was probably out of his mind after seeing his two innocent young kids murdered by this reckless drunk's stupidity.

"Valid Reason"? Again the constitution thrown right out the window right? So the 20 year old kid had no right to a jury trial?

Another gun ruins multiple lives AGAIN.

Old 02-15-2013, 09:24 PM

Quote:

Can you explain to me how you know that Barajas knew what had caused the accident?

With the information that he had at the time, it could have easily been a brake malfunction.

Even though Bandas was "intoxicated" - which does not neccesarily mean that he was drunk - the accident could have been caused by something else.

Some of you who condemn this 20 year old and support the actions of Barajas are way too gullible.

You will believe anything that a prosecutor tells you - without ever thinking critically about a situation.

I hope that you never find yourself on a jury.

Old 02-15-2013, 09:27 PM

3,875 posts, read 3,870,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
"Valid Reason"? Again the constitution thrown right out the window right? So the 20 year old kid had no right to a jury trial?

Another gun ruins multiple lives AGAIN.
Correction: Another car driven by a drunk ruins multiple lives again ( AND you don't even have to thank me for correcting it for you )

PS If you are guilty of something like this YOU better hope I'm not on that jury.

Old 02-15-2013, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
Except that every one knows that you can't drink and drive.

In the case of the guy who struck the kids he wasn't even old enough to drink.
How do you know that he had been drinking?

Old 02-15-2013, 09:32 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,530,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
The deaths were caused by an accident.

I am sure that some will argue that because the driver was drunk that it wasn't accidental, but from what is reported in the story, we don't know that Barajas knew that.

What if Banda's car had experienced a brake malfunction? Is Barajas justified in going berserk, walking to his home, retrieving a weapon and killing Banda?

Also, why wasn't he seeking medical attention for his son instead of playing vigilante?
It is no accident when you choose to drive drunk.

Old 02-15-2013, 09:37 PM

25,847 posts, read 16,522,667 times
Quote:
Correction: Another car driven by a drunk ruins multiple lives again ( AND you don't even have to thank me for correcting it for you )

PS If you are guilty of something like this YOU better hope I'm not on that jury.
And the fact that the father had a gun, he made the terrible situation FAR worse. Revenge is not justice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies