Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2013, 06:41 PM

18,356 posts, read 26,489,954 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
Why shouldn't he push it home? WHY? Uhmmm, let's see ... let me think about that one for a sec .... Uh maybe so that his freaking sons might now be alive, and the guy he shot too, and so that he might be home right now with his family instead of jail, facing murder charges in a state that regularly exercises the death penalty? Does that sound like a good enough SET OF REASONS for you, or do you need more?

Of course, this ought to be IMMEDIATE LOGIC to most people with an IQ larger than their shoe size .... dark road, late at night ... pushing a truck down the road might be a dangerous thing because someone might come along and not see them and have a terrible accident? Why shouldn't he ....
So, now everyone who has their car break down, a tire go flat, etc., shouldn't do anything so the drunk drivers can have free rein over the roads?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2013, 06:41 PM

15,072 posts, read 8,629,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
Only the ignorant label everyone liberal or such. My position is hardly "liberal." You'll also have trouble finding any support for gun grabbing in my posts.

The gas gauge stuff is irrelevant. It is the responsibility of every driver to not drive while impaired and to watch the road carefully.

If my vehicle breaks down 50 feet or such from my home on a dark back road, I'm not going to sit around and call for a tow truck. I'll get it to my driveway. And if some drunk driver came and killed my children (if I had any) in front of me, you bet I'd send that scumbag to hell where he belongs. His family was left in this bad position by a government which wants a monopoly on violence.
That's nonsense .... and I guarantee you're a liberal, because only liberals think this fast backwards.

The driver of the other vehicle didn't cause the accident ... the idiot in the middle of a dark road, late at night who thought it was smart to have his young children pushing a truck down the road is the guilty party responsible for the nightmare that left three people dead, and countless lives damaged. And no one who's brain is processing information in a clockwise manner, would be confused about that.

Old 02-16-2013, 06:46 PM

Quote:
That's nonsense .... and I guarantee you're a liberal, because only liberals think this fast backwards.

The driver of the other vehicle didn't cause the accident ... the idiot in the middle of a dark road, late at night who thought it was smart to have his young children pushing a truck down the road is the guilty party responsible for the nightmare that left three people dead, and countless lives damaged. And no one who's brain is processing information in a clockwise manner, would be confused about that.
You keep harping on dark road at night, but if it's like most of the dark back roads around me, it may also see hardly any traffic at night.

Moreover, you are trying to shift the responsibility for the drunk's actions onto someone else.

And I bet you'd want to do the same to that drunken murderer if you were in that father's position and saw your kids killed.

Old 02-16-2013, 06:49 PM

Quote:
So, now everyone who has their car break down, a tire go flat, etc., shouldn't do anything so the drunk drivers can have free rein over the roads?

Why don't you read a book or two ... maybe a book on highway safety, and the proper procedures for dealing with flat tires and break downs?

Guess what you won't find? Advice to push vehicles home on a dark road late at night, particularly a TRUCK using children as the muscle ... not even in the day time would that be recommended

Guess what else ... pay attention since this may save your life one day .... if you get a flat, DON'T attempt to change it while sitting in the middle of the road where traffic might run you over. You pull off safely to the shoulder, turn on your flashers ... set up reflectors or a flair well behind the vehicle ... and then, put on your spare.

Old 02-16-2013, 06:49 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,042,433 times
Quote:

Liberal here.....and I totally agree with you....as I said in an earlier post.

Old 02-16-2013, 06:54 PM

Quote:
You keep harping on dark road at night, but if it's like most of the dark back roads around me, it may also see hardly any traffic at night.
How much traffic did this tragedy take? ONE CAR ... it's a road ... if he's on it, isn't it reasonable to assume someone else might be using that road too?

Quote:
Moreover, you are trying to shift the responsibility for the drunk's actions onto someone else.

And I bet you'd want to do the same to that drunken murderer if you were in that father's position and saw your kids killed.
You don't know what his actions were, do you? He was driving on the freaking road, which is what most people do on roads. People don't generally park on roads, and don't push trucks down dark roads late at night using young children to push.

How can anyone be this dense.?

Old 02-16-2013, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Liberal here.....and I totally agree with you....as I said in an earlier post.
You're breaking the mold ... maybe you ought to check to make sure you're still a liberal?

Old 02-16-2013, 07:01 PM

4,738 posts, read 4,433,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelYell14 View Post
Texas Dad Accused of Murdering Drunk Driver Who Killed Kids - ABC News

Hell they should give him a medal not arrest him!
What he did was wrong. .but I would still let him walk. I can't say I would of acted different.

Old 02-16-2013, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Why don't you read a book or two ... maybe a book on highway safety, and the proper procedures for dealing with flat tires and break downs?

Guess what you won't find? Advice to push vehicles home on a dark road late at night, particularly a TRUCK using children as the muscle ... not even in the day time would that be recommended

Guess what else ... pay attention since this may save your life one day .... if you get a flat, DON'T attempt to change it while sitting in the middle of the road where traffic might run you over. You pull off safely to the shoulder, turn on your flashers ... set up reflectors or a flair well behind the vehicle ... and then, put on your spare.
I've had such issues and survived. I'm not a fool.

I don't think this man was either. Maybe you've spent too much time in a big city or something, but on a low traffic back road at night, it's generally perfectly safe to push a vehicle a little ways. I didn't see any mention in the articles I've read on this about flashers being used or not. Even if they were not used, a driver should be alert enough to see them. It's a necessity at night given the chance of a deer collision for starters. Your attempt to push responsibility away from the drunk driver is pretty pathetic.

Old 02-16-2013, 07:06 PM

Quote:
How much traffic did this tragedy take? ONE CAR ... it's a road ... if he's on it, isn't it reasonable to assume someone else might be using that road too?

You don't know what his actions were, do you? He was driving on the freaking road, which is what most people do on roads. People don't generally park on roads, and don't push trucks down dark roads late at night using young children to push.

How can anyone be this dense.?
If the driver wasn't impaired there would have been no accident. It rests solely on the drunk's shoulders.

It's reasonable to assume someone else might come along, but it's also reasonable to assume other drivers will be alert.

Maybe Texas is different but up here most non-highway roads can be legally parked on off to the side some. Between that, the potential for night time pedestrians, deer in the road, bicycles, broken down vehicles, drivers are expected to be alert at night. Not drunk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies