Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2013, 07:09 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Sounds like you should avoid California and NY.

When I go there, I just leave my guns at home.

Works out well that way.

But I have every confidence that you and Teddy Nugent will keep my guns and ammo safe.

I go nowhere without my claws. The Constitution of the USA and freedom, gives me that right. It is not a privilege given by Kings.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2013, 07:14 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,531,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
I go nowhere without my claws.
I routinely carry. And I have the permit that makes it legal.

Quote:
The Constitution of the USA and freedom gives, gives me that right. It is not a privilege given by Kings.
I'm not willing to try that defense in court. So I don't take my guns where they aren't allowed.

YMMV.

Old 02-16-2013, 07:18 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times
Quote:
I routinely carry. And I have the permit that makes it legal.

I'm not willing to try that defense in court. So I don't take my guns where they aren't allowed.

YMMV.

You may be willing to give up your rights, but don't force me to give up mine.
The US Constitution, is the only permit I need to carry any weapon I please.

I will be judged by 12, than planted by 6.

Old 02-16-2013, 07:20 AM

651 posts, read 705,136 times
Quote:
You may be willing to give up your rights, but don't force me to give up mine.

I think its I would rather be judged by 12 then carried by 6

Old 02-16-2013, 07:27 AM

Quote:
You may be willing to give up your rights,
Or not.

Quote:
but don't force me to give up mine.
I promise.

Quote:
As long as you don't get caught, that is.

Quote:
Not me.

Old 02-16-2013, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Or not.

I promise.

As long as you don't get caught, that is.

Not me.
You are not a gun owner or you are pretending to be one to make your anti gun opinion more acceptable.

Old 02-16-2013, 07:34 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,382,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoooka View Post
For you gun owners who think that "I don't shoot those black guns or AKs ect. I don't care if they take them" Do you really think that when the ARs and AKs are banned and gone that they will not come for your shot guns and deadly sniper rifles the next time there is a DC sniper or school shooting? Don't delude yourself. I can change mags fast. So fast its not a real problem if I only have ten round mags. If you think this will make them go away it may for a short while and it will do nothing but empower them to want more. The anti gun left is like a tiger, it may be satisfied with that meat you just threw it but in a short time it will want more of what you just fed it.
No one is talking about taking guns!!!!!!

This ignorant idea that they are coming to take your guns is really getting old.

1. No one is suggesting coming to anyone's homes and taking their legally purchased firearms, of any kind.

2. If an assault weapons ban were to pass, it would be against future purchase, not past.

3. Its extremely unlikely that an assault weapons ban is going anywhere.

90% of Americans support background checks for all gun sales. At a gun show, from your dad, your best friend, the guy down the street, whoever, you buy a gun, you get a background check. You can buy 500 guns at one time as long as that backgroundcheck is done first.

Understand now?

Old 02-16-2013, 07:34 AM

Talking opinion vs reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoooka View Post
You are not a gun owner
My guns and I are weeping right now.

Quote:
or you are pretending to be one to make your anti gun opinion more acceptable.
Point out one single anti-gun statement I've posted.

Please.

Old 02-16-2013, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post

This ignorant idea that they are coming to take your guns is really getting old.

1. No one is suggesting coming to anyone's homes and taking their legally purchased firearms, of any kind.

2. If an assault weapons ban were to pass, it would be against future purchase, not past.

3. Its extremely unlikely that an assault weapons ban is going anywhere.

90% of Americans support background checks for all gun sales. At a gun show, from your dad, your best friend, the guy down the street, whoever, you buy a gun, you get a background check. You can buy 500 guns at one time as long as that backgroundcheck is done first.

Understand now?
This is such BS its laughable. California and Missouri and New York have passed or tried to pass laws that ban ownership of some guns. Feinstein said if she could pass a bill that would say Mr and Mrs America turn them in and we will come to your door and take them she would. I did not give the stats on how likely it is that some of this crap will pass, but its the left who says if they could they would ban guns. Sorry, but you don't know what your talking about, if they want to ban manufacture and sales of future guns, then how far is it to ban possession?

Old 02-16-2013, 07:40 AM

6,137 posts, read 4,860,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
See, this is so ridiculously simpleminded. No **** sherlock, nobody is talking about taking guns or restricting non "assault" weapons right now, because it can't be done, right now.

Look at CA and MA. 10 rounds. Okay. Now look at NY for instance. Was 10 rounds. Now, it's 7 rounds. As if that's some magic number. Sure, once it's 7 rounds, they'll be happy. Sorry, but that's completely insane.

I'm sure plenty of them just want background checks and maybe a ban on high capacity mags.

I'm also sure that for plenty of them, it's a stepping stone to more draconian restrictions. We've already seen how illogical the anti-gun crowd is, I wouldn't trust these people to walk my dog, much less accept a compromise in the long run.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies