Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2013, 06:20 AM

651 posts, read 705,394 times

Advertisements

For you gun owners who think that "I don't shoot those black guns or AKs ect. I don't care if they take them" Do you really think that when the ARs and AKs are banned and gone that they will not come for your shot guns and deadly sniper rifles the next time there is a DC sniper or school shooting? Don't delude yourself. I can change mags fast. So fast its not a real problem if I only have ten round mags. If you think this will make them go away it may for a short while and it will do nothing but empower them to want more. The anti gun left is like a tiger, it may be satisfied with that meat you just threw it but in a short time it will want more of what you just fed it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2013, 06:23 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times
I think you can relax.

The jack-booted UN thugs won't be searching under your bed to take away your AR. It's unlikely that any restrictions will placed on your ability to buy another one.

Old 02-16-2013, 06:27 AM

651 posts, read 705,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
I think you can relax.

The jack-booted UN thugs won't be searching under your bed to take away your AR. It's unlikely that any restrictions will placed on your ability to buy another one.
If you are a gun owner its apathy like that that will lead to confiscation.

Old 02-16-2013, 06:30 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,455,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoooka View Post
For you gun owners who think that "I don't shoot those black guns or AKs ect. I don't care if they take them" Do you really think that when the ARs and AKs are banned and gone that they will not come for your shot guns and deadly sniper rifles the next time there is a DC sniper or school shooting? Don't delude yourself. I can change mags fast. So fast its not a real problem if I only have ten round mags. If you think this will make them go away it may for a short while and it will do nothing but empower them to want more. The anti gun left is like a tiger, it may be satisfied with that meat you just threw it but in a short time it will want more of what you just fed it.
Too late: ATF to ban “military” style shotguns, but taking public comments

Just to really tick off the anti-gun freaks, I am buying an Adkal MKA 1919 AR-15 style 12-gauge shotgun, with 10 and 20 round magazines.

FYI: Until the AA-12 was developed specifically for the military, ALL "military" shotguns originated from the civilian sector. The two most popular shotguns used by the military have been the Mossberg Model 500 and the Remington Model 870. Both shotguns were manufactured for civilian use, and later adopted by the military. Just like the AR-15.

Old 02-16-2013, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoooka View Post
If you are a gun owner its apathy like that that will lead to confiscation.
If you're a gun owner, it's that kind of paranoia the leads to ammo shortages.

Repeatedly.

Old 02-16-2013, 06:37 AM

45,226 posts, read 26,450,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
If you're a gun owner, it's that kind of paranoia the leads to ammo shortages.

Repeatedly.
No, its fear mongering,threats and restrctive laws from tyrants like Feinstein, Cuomo, Bloomberg that lead to shortages.

Im sure they appreciate your efforts on their behalf for the cause.

Old 02-16-2013, 06:40 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
After my 82 yo. dads recent death, I want my newly acquired M-1925 & BAR's, to be legal once again, before they jump out of hiding and go off all by themselves.

Old 02-16-2013, 06:44 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,455,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
After my 82 yo. dads recent death, I want my newly acquired M-1925 & BAR's, to be legal once again, before they jump out of hiding and go off all by themselves.
If one needs permission, then it cannot be a right. Only privileges are given permission, and privileges can be rescinded or denied. Rights, however, are inherent.

Old 02-16-2013, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
No, its fear mongering,threats and restrctive laws from tyrants like Feinstein, Cuomo, Bloomberg that lead to shortages.
Sounds like you should avoid California and NY.

When I go there, I just leave my guns at home.

Works out well that way.

Quote:
Im sure they appreciate your efforts on their behalf for the cause.
They haven't written me a thank you note.

I'm p*ssed.

But I have every confidence that you and Teddy Nugent will keep my guns and ammo safe.

Old 02-16-2013, 07:05 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
From what I understand, this is unconstitutional.
You cannot tax a right.
Nor can the government infringe on my rights.
Any law is a restriction of those rights, which is infringing on that right.

National Firearms Act (NFA)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies