Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2013, 08:11 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
No!!! As you see some will blame Israel (Maher) and be brand brilliant, others (Gibson) blames Jews and is branded anti-Semite. How is that???
Maher's comment was totally different from Gibson's comment, as you well know. So i'm not gonna argue with you about that. Don't pretend that you don't recognize the difference in what they postulated. Stop it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 718native View Post
no not at all. I can understand why an American wouldn't care about Israel any more than any other far away country. I was in the IDF and even now most of my friends(none are jewish) and even cousins(jewish) im America dont care about Israel. You can hate Israel for all I care. That's why we need to love Israel and are willing to defend it. At the end of the day nobody's gonna save Israel except for Israel . America will support Israel as long as it is through aid and veto some things int he UN ,all this is easy. When in comes down to oil or Israel, oil will win everytime. You don't have to love Israel but don't expect us to just lay down and die. We will do what we have to do to survive and we have the right to act in our own interest.
I asked a simple question...whether or not it's mandatory for Americans to love Israel. I didn't say that i didn't care about Israel, nor did i say that i hated Israel. I didn't say i expected you or anyone else to lay down and die, and i didn't say that Israelis don't reserve the right to act in their own interests.

Calm down. I mean, why do simple questions relative to Israel turn many of you into rabid dogs? I wonder if you're from the same crowd that bashes black folks for 'hypersensitivity.'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
Maher stated political views on Israel; Gibson went off on tangents about Jewish people. Surely you can see the difference.
Of course they see the difference. They're just being silly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 718native View Post
If the jews controlled are government would we have such financial problems?
LOL....wow. So you're invoking a stereotype about your own people to make a political point? I hope you're being facetious.
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolac View Post
No. But. . . the enemy of my enemy is my friend. Just sayin'.
What enemy? Who is my enemy? I've got nothing against the Palestinians or any other "enemy" of the Israelis. I mean, maybe you're talking about Al Qaeda, but hell, they're the enemy of just about everybody, so you're not saying anything if you mean them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2013, 08:18 AM

11,998 posts, read 12,935,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Calm down. I mean, why do simple questions relative to Israel turn many of you into rabid dogs? I wonder if you're from the same crowd that bashes black folks for 'hypersensitivity.'
Haha, seriously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
desertdetroiter you sound anti-Semitic with your anti-Israeli attacks.

I hope you don't work in finance, law, medicine, media or the government or life will (and perhaps should) be tough for you.
Please do explain.

Old 02-17-2013, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
desertdetroiter you sound anti-Semitic with your anti-Israeli attacks.

I hope you don't work in finance, law, medicine, media or the government or life will (and perhaps should) be tough for you.
These are serious accusations. Which remark did i make that was anti-Semitic or anti-Israeli? Point it out so that i can make my penance for such comments.

Are you just as sensitive if you think you've heard anti-black comments? (nope)

And yes, i work in government contracting. My wife works in government finance and has the same views as i do on this particular issue. And why should life be tough for me? What did i do or say to deserve to be dealt with harshly?

Old 02-17-2013, 08:21 AM

361 posts, read 272,851 times
Quote:
I asked a simple question...whether or not it's mandatory for Americans to love Israel. I didn't say that i didn't care about Israel, nor did i say that i hated Israel. I didn't say i expected you or anyone else to lay down and die, and i didn't say that Israelis don't reserve the right to act in their own interests.

Im not being a rabid dog i didn't mean for that to come across that way. I thought i answered the question, no. You don't have to care about Israel. You don't need to care about Israel anymore than you care about Costa Rica, Taiwan or any other country that's not America..*

LOL....wow. So you're invoking a stereotype about your own people to make a political point? I hope you're being facetious.

of course just a little bit of humor

Old 02-17-2013, 08:21 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,937,957 times
Quote:
Maher's comment was totally different from Gibson's comment, as you well know. So i'm not gonna argue with you about that. Don't pretend that you don't recognize the difference in what they postulated. Stop it.
No it wasn't and you can continue to wear blinders, your just not willing to admit it's the same.

What if Maher said Jews control Americian polices and Gibson said Israel starts all wars......where's the difference.

I'm sure most of you would've been just fine with Gibson if he had said Israel.........

Old 02-17-2013, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
Haha, seriously.

Please do explain.
He's making me out to be Hitler just because i'm not slavishly sucking up to Israel on these threads.

Old 02-17-2013, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
No it wasn't and you can continue to wear blinders, your just not willing to admit it's the same.

What if Maher said Jews control Americian polices and Gibson said Israel starts all wars......where's the difference.

I'm sure most of you would've been just fine with Gibson if he had said Israel.........
These arguments are silly. They really are.

Again, why do so many of you folks on the right start frothing at the mouth at the very mention of Israel? You guys can't even discuss it rationally without blowing the tops off of your heads in anger.

Old 02-17-2013, 08:28 AM

5,960 posts, read 5,546,690 times
Quote:
These are serious accusations. Which remark did i make that was anti-Semitic or anti-Israeli? Point it out so that i can make my penance for such comments.

Are you just as sensitive if you think you hear anti-black comments? (nope)

And yes, i work in government contracting. My wife works in government finance and has the same views as i do on this particular issue. And why should life be tough for me? What did i do or say to deserve to be dealt with harshly?
The tone of your replies regarding America's relationship with Israel are deeply troubling. This isn't about sensitivity; this is about recognizing America's proper role in the protection of our Israeli allies.

If you work in govt. contracting you'd best make sure that your superiors don't hear you commenting negatively about our Israeli allies else you (and your wife) may find yourselves looking for other work.

(What would it look like if word got back to the department or agency head that he or she had a person with doubts about our fidelity to Israeli within the organizational chart? Word could then spread further up the chain and guess who would feel the full consequences of your political dissonance.)

Old 02-17-2013, 08:30 AM

361 posts, read 272,851 times
Quote:

What enemy? Who is my enemy? I've got nothing against the Palestinians or any other "enemy" of the Israelis. I mean, maybe you're talking about Al Qaeda, but hell, they're the enemy of just about everybody, so you're not saying anything if you mean them.
Here i will disagree with you. When it comes to Palestinians being the enemy of America that's open for debate. They were dancing throught the streets on 9/11, though i don't think they want to attack Americans necessarily not now atleast. Iranian Quds, Hezbollah, Islamic jihad and all the Shia extremists groups are 100% Americas enemies. They are even more dangerous than al qaeda and most cetainly has America and westerners in general in there cross hairs

Old 02-17-2013, 08:49 AM

59,056 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelYell14 View Post
http://videos.mediaite.com/embed/pla...-government%2F

Seems like his audience likes that answer....its because its the truth! Dig deeper Bill dig deeper...its not just the republicans they control.
Who cares what a comedian says?

Any body who takes him serious shouldn't be taken seriously themselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies