Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2013, 04:22 PM

2,072 posts, read 1,755,825 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
Yeah, that's a GREAT idea- why don't we go over to the neighbors' house, and ask them what they are up to? that's the quickest way I know to get somebody's ass shot off! First, they tell you to get lost, maybe at gun point, then you decide to "stand your ground" or some such BS...

As it is, the cops did a civil knock n' talk, scored some good will and free syrup. Everybody's happy, the nosey neighbor, the homeowner, the cops, everybody. And, nobody got hurt. A fine example of a community and it's government working as it should.

It all works out that way more often then you might think, reading the malcontents' posts on this board...
You must live in a rough place if you can't get to know the neighbors without being shot at.

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
I am guessing the OP has never knocked on the door of a meth lab and asked them what they're doing.
I get to know my neighbors....I don't ask their business I just get to know them,we talk like civil people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2013, 04:26 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,171,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelYell14 View Post
You must live in a rough place if you can't get to know the neighbors without being shot at.

I get to know my neighbors....I don't ask their business I just get to know them,we talk like civil people.
Go knock on the door of a meth lab and post me know how they react. Trust me, they are not going to be as nice as your neighbors.

Also, meth labs are dangerously explosive. Do you want people building a bomb in their bathroom next to your house?

Old 02-16-2013, 04:27 PM

Indeed I do not. But I would get to know the neighbors introduce myself first then after that first meeting I felt something was off or like they didn't want people around I would stick to myself....Do you now get to know neighbors?

Old 02-16-2013, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Indeed I do not. But I would get to know the neighbors introduce myself first then after that first meeting I felt something was off or like they didn't want people around I would stick to myself....Do you now get to know neighbors?
Go knock on the door of a meth lab and let me know how they react.

The police don't have the luxury of knocking on doors just to see how people are and what they are doing if that house is a potential meth lab. Trust me, if the cops have to wonder if you have a meth lab, they are not going to knock.

Old 02-16-2013, 04:34 PM

I don't know anyone who has one. I wouldn't know if they had one until I met them either. I get to know all my neighbors. I like to know who is living next door and if they have kids I will meet them anyways when our kids play together.

Old 02-16-2013, 04:36 PM

Quote:
I don't know anyone who has one. I wouldn't know if they had one until I met them either. I get to know all my neighbors. I like to know who is living next door and if they have kids I will meet them anyways when our kids play together.
And these people obviously did something that caused someone to question them and alert the police.

Old 02-16-2013, 04:37 PM

Lol right...now a days people are just nosy and idiotic. It was syrup not meth. If they had taken the time to meet their neighbors I am sure they would have offered them a jar of syrup as a welcoming gift.

Old 02-16-2013, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Lol right...now a days people are just nosy and idiotic. It was syrup not meth. If they had taken the time to meet their neighbors I am sure they would have offered them a jar of syrup as a welcoming gift.
Yes, neighbors can be nosy and suspicious.

Old 02-16-2013, 04:39 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times
Guilty until proven innocent these days.
Let's just hope the cops understand that.

Old 02-16-2013, 04:42 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,416,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Guilty until proven innocent these days.
Let's just hope the cops understand that.
At least they didn't burn it down first ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies