Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2013, 04:45 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,963,815 times

Advertisements

Loved the last line in the video.....

'maybe she can make it a full time job"

I just love how stupid city people are and that isn't the first time I heard some say doing this Full Time would be a good job.

This is dated, but it's mine.... First off it's too early to tap in NH yet, and 2nd i am taking this year/ season off.

But this is my still

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2013, 05:34 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Go knock on the door of a meth lab and post me know how they react. Trust me, they are not going to be as nice as your neighbors.

Also, meth labs are dangerously explosive. Do you want people building a bomb in their bathroom next to your house?
Why ? They have lots of meth labs where you live ?

When I moved out here I walked over to my neighbors and introduced myself.
Potential meth lab was not on my mind and I am rural.

You're reading too many MSM agenda articles if you think meth labs are that proficient out here in the country.

Old 02-16-2013, 05:45 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,838,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelYell14
Seriously? Whatever happened to kindly meeting the neighbors and asking what they are doing instead of possibly getting someone shot over false allegations and in the process wasting money and time of the cops involved? Jesus Christ.
People dont give a damn about anyone.. THEY ARE ALL BRAINWASHED SHEEP!!!!!!!

Old 02-16-2013, 06:49 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,176,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post

You're reading too many MSM agenda articles if you think meth labs are that proficient out here in the country.
And being friendly neighbor, you should do that. If you neighbor then acted suspicious to you and you noticed them bring a lot of things into the house, you might begin to wonder.

I do not live in an area that has many meth labs, but I did live in Spokane, Wa for a while when that area was at the peak of its meth problem and it was very common to find out someone in your neighborhood was running a meth lab and the problem was so bad at one point that they had to have a meth division in the police department to go after these labs.

So no, it isn't any MSM, it is from actually living in a city that struggled dealing with this drug.

Old 02-16-2013, 07:59 PM

Checked out other video... These people don't even have any real sugaring equipment. No sugar shack not bucks, they are any container folks a real hobby, and they are not making more than a few gallons of maple syrup after all is said and done.

I can't tell how many taps are out but not very many. No one is bringing any thing in and out of the house either. 99% of everything they are doing is all out side except finishing is done on her kitchen stove.

No where does it say that, but I know how this works as I am a hobby sugar guy too and have been 30 years.

I have made up to 12 gallons, and that takes some doing...

To make 1 gallon of maple syrup you need about 40 gallons of sap. At best you bring in 6 qts of boiled off sap and finish that on the kitchen stove for hobby people with home made rigs.

Old 02-16-2013, 08:02 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
the words you are looking for are responsible and irresponsible, not liberal and "republican".

Parties aside, what is responsible about a liberal?

Old 02-16-2013, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Parties aside, what is responsible about a liberal?
Nothing.........

Old 02-16-2013, 09:50 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,987,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
Yeah, that's a GREAT idea- why don't we go over to the neighbors' house, and ask them what they are up to? that's the quickest way I know to get somebody's ass shot off! First, they tell you to get lost, maybe at gun point, then you decide to "stand your ground" or some such BS...

As it is, the cops did a civil knock n' talk, scored some good will and free syrup. Everybody's happy, the nosey neighbor, the homeowner, the cops, everybody. And, nobody got hurt. A fine example of a community and it's government working as it should.

It all works out that way more often then you might think, reading the malcontents' posts on this board...
Knock and talk!!! WTF???!!! Is this East Germany??? This s**** didn't happen back in the day! This IS the last time I checked supposed to be the HOME OF THE FREE!

Old 02-16-2013, 09:55 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,970,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post

Meth labs are incredibly small now, some can operate from a car trunk, and it is the US rural scourge.
Add in Barney Fire rural pds, and you have a recipe for disaster via meth.

Old 02-16-2013, 09:56 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,636,949 times
Some people will look at tomato plants and think marijuana is growing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies