Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2013, 04:43 PM

799 posts, read 1,094,214 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Here you go again, I have not even mentioned slavery, and yt you have already accused me of "failing to realize some of the actual ramifications of slavery and its legacy."

So why bother discussing anything with you about this topic, if I'm already guilty, ignorant and unsympathetic? You know nothing about me, my personal background or ancestry.
The topic at hand is about Slavery in America and PTSS, I said you show empathy but lack understanding which is understandable because you have not experienced the effects or history of it.

Old 02-17-2013, 04:43 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,876,507 times
Thomas Sowell:

Quote:
The inhumanity of human beings toward other human beings is not a new story, much less a local story. There is no need to hide it, because there are lessons we can learn from it. But there is also no need to distort it, so that sins of the whole human species around the world are presented as special defects of "our society" or the sins of a particular race.

If American society and Western civilization are different from other societies and civilization, it is that they eventually turned against slavery, and stamped it out, at a time when non-Western societies around the world were still maintaining slavery and resisting Western pressures to end slavery, including in some cases armed resistance.

Only the fact that the West had more firepower than others put an end to slavery in many non-Western societies during the age of Western imperialism. Yet today there are Americans who have gone to Africa to apologize for slavery - on a continent where slavery has still not been completely ended, to this very moment.

It is not just the history of slavery that gets distorted beyond recognition by the selective filtering of facts. Those who go back to mine history, in order to find everything they can to undermine American society or Western civilization, have very little interest in the Bataan death march, the atrocities of the Ottoman Empire or similar atrocities in other times and places.

Those who mine history for sins are not searching for truth but for opportunities to denigrate their own society, or for grievances that can be cashed in today, at the expense of people who were not even born when the sins of the past were committed.

Old 02-17-2013, 04:48 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,372,539 times
Default Great topic. Best I've read here

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoodsofATL View Post
Let's get through this with an open minded discussion, open to all who wants to talk about the elephant in the nation. The whole article is provided in the link below.

Post Traumatic Slave Syndrome - In These Times
This is excellent and reflects much of what I've been saying about the devastation that slavery had on successive generations of descendants of slaves, and the indifference that society has now on this excellent concept called PTSS.

Old 02-17-2013, 04:51 PM

267 posts, read 202,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBarrow View Post
I replied to you to contest your points, which were flawed.

Get back to me when you hold the same contempt for the Africans who sold your ancestors into slavery. Until then I'll continue to ridicule you all like the anti-white loons that you are.

Cool. That really has nothing to do with what I was talking about, but feel free, what else did they have you do?

Are you implying that they had to bring in some outside "civilization" consultants?

No, you're wrong. Yeah, black people built plenty in this country as slaves. But black people did not create America by a long shot, or singlehandedly make us a world power. That's ridiculous.
These so called Afrikans who sold our people were mulattoes of Arabs and enslaved Afrikan women. Our first holocaust, the Arab slave trade, is something I've thoroughly researched, how they Islamicized Afrikan people across northern Afrika, and although their methods were not as hypocritical as the European it was just as damaging, so spare your only defense it won't work on me.

And I'm not implying anything I said it once more and simpler so you can understand. Afrikan people civilized the European, this isn't the white washed history you're used to so ill know you'll deny it.

If not, then tell me how this country came to be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Give me a break! Jews suffered these indignities for centuries. Christians would take their babies away to raise as Christians. They were expelled from countries, villages burned and people in them because they were blamed for plagues, parents were sent into gas chambers with babes in their arms as they were asphyxiated to death by their German captors. Go back over the centuries and plenty of white people suffered under slavery too. Slavery didn't start 600 years ago, it's been with us since the dawn of man. There are many injustices in our prison system, but I'd say the vast majority of inmates did something to get in there.

Stop whining and remove that huge chip off your shoulder. You are not a victim of anybody but yourself. Read Dr. Benjamin Carson's story about his mother, who was raised in poverty along with her 23 brothers and sisters, married at age 13, found out husband was a bigamist so she had to raise her two sons on her own with a third-grade education. She taught her sons that they were the only ones holding themselves back. She forced them to read two books a week and write book reports on them. She has one son who is a world-renowned pediatric neurosurgeon, and the other is a rocket scientist. They didn't buy into the victim mentality, and they were born in the early 1950's! Knowledge is power, but victimization sets you back. You are your problem, and you're also your solution.
You really don't know what you talking about, you really think those Jews of WWII are the prophetic people of the bible? Like I said you're pretty ignorant on this subject. And you can't even tell me when the collective enslavement of whites ended, I'll give you a hint it has to do with the Arabs and marmelukes.

Old 02-17-2013, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBarrow View Post
Okay. You're still not a POW, in any way shape or form.

"A prisoner of war (POW, PoW, PW, P/W, WP, PsW, enemy prisoner of war (EPW) or "Missing-Captured"[1]) is a person, whether combatant or non-combatant, who is held in custody by an enemy power during or immediately after an armed conflict."

I have plenty of empathy, or had, until it was beaten out of me by people like you with your anti-white tripe.

Seriously? Answer my question because you are going around in circles pertaining to the Natives and Afrikans in America. You even proved my point with the bold that POW's extend to non-combatants as well, which in this case is the descendants.

So who "beat it out" of you? Or was there ever any to begin with?

So... no solutions? Besides armchair revolutionary nonsense I mean.

Yup that's exactly what I'm about

You said, I'll get over it when you get over Pearl Harbor. I read the convo, there was nothing else to obfuscate the obvious point you were trying to make.

Then stop bringing it up, crazy man!
You're running low on energy now aren't you?

Old 02-17-2013, 04:59 PM

3,168 posts, read 2,061,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Nice to have a pat "psycho babble" theory to justify being on welfare. What about black folks, who are successful? They moved on? They did not sit on the porch moaning about how their ancestors were slaves.
The most successful slaves are those that "move on" and please their masters. They're still slaves.

Old 02-17-2013, 05:03 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,255,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombieApocExtraordinaire View Post
I'm not a blackman so American whites aren't my blood enemy. But I'm drawing parallels here. My land (Chechnya) has been in a centuries of locked rebellion against the Russians. War and killing will exist between us as long as a Chechen breathes or a Russian breathes. That's why the Russians tried to kill us all after WW2, they realized correctly we will always try to kill them. And in that regard, we will stop when we're all dead or when they're all dead. No inbetween.
So you and I are enemies? I'll buy you some Vodka and we will call it even.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
One thing Holder was right about is that in discussing race the nation [in general] is essentially a nation of cowards. He knows that in public discussion about race, one risks embarrassment, questioning of one's character, or worse.
I can see that, but unless your skin is brown you can't talk about race without accusations thrown your way. If your skin is brown you can talk all you want and can even be racist without any negative consequences.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
This is excellent and reflects much of what I've been saying about the devastation that slavery had on successive generations of descendants of slaves, and the indifference that society has now on this excellent concept called PTSS.
So do black people that suffer from PTSS need meds? Most of the white Americans immigrated well after slavery was abolished.

Old 02-17-2013, 05:06 PM

3,168 posts, read 2,061,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
So you and I are enemies? I'll buy you some Vodka and we will call it even.
I don't have Russian genes so vodka is my achilles heel. Before I know it, I'm singing on tables then I'm under the table the next moment. I stick to beer for that reason

Old 02-17-2013, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
Thank you, Dr, Joe Leary is a remarkable woman for her research and efforts to get this information out to America. Hopefully she doesn't face as much criticism and disrespect as people on this site show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post

So do black people that suffer from PTSS need meds? Most of the white Americans immigrated well after slavery was abolished.
No, especially not man-made medication made from isolated chemicals , rather holistic and whole natural foods and remedies. With some of the science used from modern medicine and ancient knowledge of the world throughout the globe we can make a significant impact in this problem. The real remedy is a full reform of the American system as a whole, seriously.

Old 02-17-2013, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
I'm not up on your Hood lingo, nor do I care to know. Your rude and your racist against white people......you have a chip on your shoulder and until you remove it you are causing your on fate.
What is it that you want to know?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
One thing Holder was right about is that in discussing race the nation [in general] is essentially a nation of cowards. He knows that in public discussion about race, one risks embarrassment, questioning of one's character, or worse.
Exactly

Quote:
That's true and how they react determines their fate. remember the durand line. Some people have the mentality of warriors others as slaves. Not dwelling on it means you are conquered.

Quote:
To accept your mistreatment by not addressing it, is by definition of a conquered people. They fold into the new empire nicely.

A beaten people always plot ways to revenge. It maybe in 10 years or 100, but they remain beaten but not conquered.
You must know of military and political science.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.