Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2013, 02:57 PM

19,842 posts, read 12,102,488 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Do you mind us asking just where do you live? Just the city/town or one close by would help.....
My guess would be ATLanta.

3,863 posts, read 6,296,774 times
Surely you can understand why many whites won't touch this subject. Many thousands of our ancestors fought and died in that war so you could be free, but that isn't talked about. I'll be very honest; I don't know what to do with this centuries old grief and resentment. All I can say is that as far back as I can go in my families' history, we did not own slaves, and I do not force anyone to do anything they don't want to in this day and age.

Why don't we ever see the Irish lamenting about their slave past here? They too, were bought and sold, beaten and killed, shipped out to never be seen again, etc.

Last edited by sirron; 02-17-2013 at 02:58 PM.. Reason: grammar

267 posts, read 202,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
I would agree with the basic premise and expand the syndrome to women, no matter what color their skim is. And also include other people who have experienced the same enslavement, Asian Americans, who were treated worse than slaves. At least slaves were property, and owners wanted to make sure the equity in the investment was maintained. Whereas, Chinese laborers in the United States had no freedom, and were also mistreated. No need to care about their health...just replace one with another.

Black people were not the only slaves in the United States. And consider the Irish...slaves to English lords. My own family escaped during the potato famine to come to the US...and were treated quite harshly.

Let's no forget the Holocaust. ..and Jewish refugees who came here from prison camps. Slaves to camp officials.

Oh....that blows the whole tbeory now....because Asians, and Jewish refugees worked hard to overcome being slaves....women as well...hmm..

Wtf you comparing pows to an entire enslaved people. Gtfoh Afrikan babies were ripped from their mothers breast and sold away, pregnant Afrikan were hung by their toes and had the bellies cut open fluids from her womb, her blood, her unborn child all pour from out of her body, only to instill fear into the other enslaved Afrikans. These same two legged dogs raped little black boys and girls, dehumanizing these children so young. Knocking the teeth from the gums off the black man if he refused to eat, knocking his teeth out while putting a funnel in his mouth to feed him slop. These same devils baited alligators with black babies

Tell me jasper what other people went through what my people went through?

I'll do the honors and tell you that no one has, no one has suffered like we have . So spare that bs for another topic

Old 02-17-2013, 02:58 PM

6,137 posts, read 4,861,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perception View Post
Wtf you comparing pows to an entire enslaved people. Gtfoh Afrikan babies were ripped from their mothers breast and sold away, pregnant Afrikan were hung by their toes and had the bellies cut open fluids from her womb, her blood, her unborn child all pour from out of her body, only to instill fear into the other enslaved Afrikans. These same two legged dogs raped little black boys and girls, dehumanizing these children so young. Knocking the teeth from the gums off the black man if he refused to eat, knocking his teeth out while putting a funnel in his mouth to feed him slop. These same devils baited alligators with black babies
Hey, that sounds kind of like what people in Africa still do to each other to this day.

Old 02-17-2013, 03:00 PM

3,168 posts, read 2,062,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
I'll tell you directly what I have told my kids as they have grown up. Get Over It.
What you basically told them was live like slaves but if they please their masters, they might have a comfortable life.

The British drew a line in the sand, it was called the Durand line. Everything southeast of that line was the British empire, everything northwest was free men. Free men can be beaten but never conquered. The only way to conquer free men is to kill everyone of them.

The difference between the people above and below the Durand line is exactly what you said: one decided to "get over it" and the other will always resist and resist and resist.

Old 02-17-2013, 03:01 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,937,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoodsofATL View Post
No, my mind cannot be my enemy though the white man is a very real threat to my existence on this Earth, though I have no fear I know my true enemy.
I think young man you just lost a logical debate to your thread......how are we to take you serious when you just said this.....bolded in black.

What your really after is for us to confirm your own fears........who's telling you this???

Old 02-17-2013, 03:02 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,051,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBarrow View Post
Nice try.

If you look closely at that picture, you can see a bottle of white privilege sitting on one of those window sills.
LOL.... White privelege? These kids are working here to help feed their family. Work or die of hunger... Hundreds of thousands of these kids died either at a young age and if that didn't get them the mining would certainly kill them before they 30. Just hope Dad doesn't die becsue you'll find him on the front porch of the company house with a bill and eviction notice attached to the body bag.

The point is this, people of all races and backgrounds have been abused by others going back to dawn of recorded time. Blacks and in the case above of White European immigrants are just another part of long list that continues to grow even today. It's time to get over and quit playing the victim.

Old 02-17-2013, 03:04 PM

6,137 posts, read 4,861,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
LOL.... White privelege? These kids are working here to help feed their family. Work or die of hunger... Hundreds of thousands of these kids died either at a young age and if that didn't get them the mining would certainly kill them before they 30. Just hope Dad doesn't die becsue you'll find him on the front porch of the company house with a bill and eviction notice attached to the body bag.

The point is this, people of all races and backgrounds have been abused by others going back to dawn of recorded time. Blacks and in the case above of White European immigrants are just another part of long list that continues to grow even today. It's time to get over and quit playing the victim.
Hey man you're preaching to the choir.

Old 02-17-2013, 03:05 PM

3,168 posts, read 2,062,993 times
If I was black, I would never get over it. In fact I'd never want to do anything with the system that came through power of exploitation of my ancestors. Of course this dilemma rests with the black people of this country and not with white people telling them to "get over it."

As a descendant of Nakh people, I feel similarly re Russians. There is no "get over it" and "play fair" as long as there are Russians and Nakh people, we will kill them and they will kill us. We're blood enemies and I'd prefer that to peace. Peace would crush our integrity as people. Peace means we're a conquered people unless of course we kill all Russians which probably will never happen.

Old 02-17-2013, 03:08 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,937,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
The children of white immigrants the turn of the last century, anybody feeling guilty about them?

https://www.google.com/search?q=brea...w=1920&bih=988

I do believe I've heard whites don't have this right.....they've never lived it. Crazy how people don't even know what the Irish went through.......wonder if the OP has any idea what those white people did for blacks. Most don't know, because those people have choosen to move on and not look back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies