Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2013, 08:51 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,183,550 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
The difference being that I buy necessities there.....you probably by the newest, latest flat screen.....then buy chips and soda with your food stamps.

This is in fact what I witnessed there yesterday. A couple had a 60" TV, and then paid for their "groceries" with their "card".
Total bunk.

You guys always have perfect stories for these threads. We're supposed to believe that you noticed someone paying for their food with food stamps after buying a 60 inch TV?

Please. You guys need better stories.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2013, 08:52 AM

24,488 posts, read 41,127,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
Taxation and spending are tied with each other. You must tax to meet the spending.

...The government REFUSES to cut spending, so it MUST tax IF that's the case. Or else the debt will grow.

And it already is growing.
Do you mean that the government is extending UI payments, starting wars, funding poor education, buying risky private equity, and supplying arms to other nations?

Old 02-17-2013, 08:53 AM

79,914 posts, read 44,174,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
Taxation and spending are tied with each other. You must tax to meet the spending.

...The government REFUSES to cut spending, so it MUST tax IF that's the case. Or else the debt will grow.

And it already is growing.
The government spends far and away more than they could ever tax to pay for it.

Old 02-17-2013, 08:53 AM

1,291 posts, read 2,894,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
All you do is make a statement. You don't support it. We're a bit more sophisticated than you. We actually consider supporting data.

Given the history of your posts (like this one), we've come to learn that you post things that are made up out of thin air and act as if they are the facts.
You're another that needs to read the ToS.

Nice to know your stalking me, you may learn something!

Old 02-17-2013, 08:54 AM

79,914 posts, read 44,174,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Total bunk.

You guys always have perfect stories for these threads. We're supposed to believe that you noticed someone paying for their food with food stamps after buying a 60 inch TV?

Many of us have seen it happen. It may not be the norm but it's certainly wearing blinders to claim it doesn't happen.

Old 02-17-2013, 08:55 AM

1,291 posts, read 2,894,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
many of us have seen it happen. It may not be the norm but it's certainly wearing blinders to claim it doesn't happen.
+2

Old 02-17-2013, 08:55 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,882,036 times
Quote:
Total bunk.

I saw Oprah using food stamps just last week.

Old 02-17-2013, 08:56 AM

9,659 posts, read 10,224,175 times
Quote:
Total bunk.

I'll also make the statement that if you are buying a 60 inch tv, chances are you aren't buying groceries.

Old 02-17-2013, 08:57 AM

24,488 posts, read 41,127,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inoxkeeper View Post
You're another that needs to read the ToS.

Nice to know your stalking me, you may learn something!
It's not stalking when I remember a thread that I previously participated in.

I did learn something. It's that you have a record of posting false information as facts. It's well documented in that other thread... and now in this thread. We call that a pattern or repeat offender.

Old 02-17-2013, 08:57 AM

9,659 posts, read 10,224,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
Do you mean that the government is extending UI payments, starting wars, funding poor education, buying risky private equity, and supplying arms to other nations?
Yep. And with uninformed voters they will continue to do so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies