Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2013, 12:25 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,532,193 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
I don't follow those two sources, so can't say if they're projecting anything - but at least on this forum, I've only seen the conservatives making him into a political figure (and our next POTUS). He's a doctor, right? Has he ever had involvement or interest in politics, and if not, why are people making him out to be a contender? Again, this whole thing is really weird and confusing.
Dr. Carson does a lot of motivational speaking at corporate events, philantropic/charity events and (Black) churches.

Old 02-18-2013, 12:41 AM

30,353 posts, read 51,942,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Do you seriously think a senator is more qualified than a doctor?

Oh, my, it's worse than I thought.
Yes, I do... don't most sane people?? Senator = elected political official; Doctor = ummm, doctor. What am I missing here?

Funny how everyone claimed Obama's Senatorial seat wasn't enough, in terms of political experience - now you're championing a man with NO political background? Hypocritical much?

Quote:
And that 0bozo you so worship didn't even bother to show up most of the time. When he did, the stupid fool voted 'present'.

That piece of crap isn't worthy of taking out my trash!
The fact that you even think I "worship" Obama shows how little you know about me... no big surprise, since you're famous for irrational knee-jerk reactions and gross generalizations.

Hint: I'm an independent libertarian type, who supported Johnson in the last election. D'oh!

Old 02-18-2013, 12:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
What do you make a senator who's also a doctor?
Depends on which way he leans... if he's a Democrat it makes him unqualified, if he's a Republican it makes him the next Ronald Reagan.

Old 02-18-2013, 12:47 AM

8,802 posts, read 8,898,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
So a guy gives a good speech and all of a sudden, the right thinks he is qualified to be President?
Sounds like Obama

Old 02-18-2013, 12:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbill View Post
Obama a senator in name only. He didn't even attend 1/3 of the time!
2/3 is still more than the ZERO attended & held by Dr. Carson! Look, I'm sure he is a nice and intelligent man, but the next POTUS? I think that's quite a stretch, don't you? Be honest now.

Old 02-18-2013, 12:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
Sounds like Obama
Not really, and you get no points for creativity either - seeing as the same stupid joke has already been made.

AGAIN, Obama was a Senator. I don't care what you think of him personally or politically, a Senator is still technically more qualified than a doctor with no political background... even if he gave the most riveting speech since MLK's "I have a dream."

Old 02-18-2013, 12:54 AM

But whatever... it's still FOUR (almost) years until the next election, and I'm sure you will all have forgotten about him by then. If not and he does run for President, I wish him the best of luck. Isn't it kinda silly to be projecting this so early, especially in regards to somebody who's not even in politics? I can see predicting Ryan, Rand, Clinton, even friggin' Sarah Palin before some random doctor.

Old 02-18-2013, 01:00 AM

29,094 posts, read 26,008,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
So a guy gives a good speech and all of a sudden, the right thinks he is qualified to be President?
That is what the left thought about President Obama.

Ben Carson brings something more to the table - actual leadership experience.

Its not easy being in charge of a surgical team, especially when they are separating conjoined twins for the first time ever.

Old 02-18-2013, 01:06 AM

29,094 posts, read 26,008,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
I support better public education for retarded liberals, that's for sure.
The liberals are those who didn't realize that they went through indoctrination camps.

Conservatives are those who went through the same camps, but took the time and made the effort to think criticlaly about what they were force fed - and thus came to a better conclusion and world view.

If you like being a sheep - by all means remain a liberal and vote the straight Democratic ticket.

Baaaa.

Old 02-18-2013, 01:06 AM

1,692 posts, read 1,960,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
Dr. Ben Carson surprised a lot of people when he gave a speech at the National Prayer Breakfast a week or two ago, pointing out how silly and destructive liberalism and Obamacare were... to the President's face. It's taking a while for the liberals to recover. But the response will be inevitable: Dr. Carson is a rube, a stupid idiot, a dolt, a heartless supporter of the Top 2% or whatever the proportion is now, etc. These are the things they call EVERY conservatives when rthey can't refute most of what he says. The question is not IF they will begin these attacks on Dr. Carson, but WHEN.

Why is it taking them so long? It's been more than a week.

Anyone want to guess when they will have reduced him, in their own minds at least, to "Goofy" or "McCarthy" status?
You seem to be doing a great job of it, so why expect it of us?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies