Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2013, 07:04 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,364,856 times

Advertisements

""I spoke to two of the sponsors. One, Sen. Adam Kline, D-Seattle, a lawyer who typically is hyper-attuned to civil-liberties issues, said he did not know the bill authorized police searches because he had not read it closely before signing on."

Pelosi would be proud of her fellow democrats who vote for bills without READING them.

It's a good thing that "no one is trying to take away guns" or the democrats would have more military on the streets doing house to house searches than they did in Iraq.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2013, 07:06 PM

7,141 posts, read 4,735,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
OMG they are coming to take your guns.!!!

How very sad to see this post.

Wake Up America!

Old 02-17-2013, 07:09 PM

1,035 posts, read 1,396,905 times
The majority does NOT rule in the US. If the majority did rule then why are the top one percent of the income earners running the country?
Don't buy into that belief that your vote counts, it doesn't. The politicians are already bought and paid for BEFORE they get into office.
I have a problem with any law enforcement official coming into my home to poke around without a warrant. If I want someone to come into my house I'll invite them. There are other violations of the constitution taking place as well. Detaining citizens for no specific reason, spraying peaceful protestors with pepper spray, tassering pregnant women, throwing people in jail for possession of marijuana while high level bankers and Wall Street fat cats launder money and get away with it.
The majority doesn't rule, the wealthiest rule!

Old 02-17-2013, 08:06 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,352,042 times
An "assault weapon" ban would have zero chance of passing in Washington state. This is the state that tossed out Speaker Tom Foley in 1994 after the Clinton-era gun ban was passed. It is the only case of a sitting speaker losing his seat in US history.

Sen Adam Kline is an anti-gun lib from Seattle and I'm sure he knew the bill had no chance, but maybe he just wanted something he could brag about at cocktail parties. The language was probably copy&pasted from one of the 'advanced' nations, where warrantless searches of gun owners are already the norm.

Old 02-17-2013, 08:13 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,023,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
OMG they are coming to take your guns.!!!
LE showing up you house to inspect it shouldn't be a concern?

Old 02-17-2013, 08:50 PM

1,490 posts, read 5,983,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
""

It's a good thing that "no one is trying to take away guns" or the democrats would have more military on the streets doing house to house searches than they did in Iraq.

The sad thing is we allowed each Iraqi family to keep an full auto AK-47 in their homes for personal protection.

Old 02-18-2013, 12:26 AM

39,861 posts, read 26,482,831 times
It really is getting to be time to feed the hogs!

Old 02-18-2013, 12:27 AM

39,861 posts, read 26,482,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
An "assault weapon" ban would have zero chance of passing in Washington state. This is the state that tossed out Speaker Tom Foley in 1994 after the Clinton-era gun ban was passed. It is the only case of a sitting speaker losing his seat in US history.

Sen Adam Kline is an anti-gun lib from Seattle and I'm sure he knew the bill had no chance, but maybe he just wanted something he could brag about at cocktail parties. The language was probably copy&pasted from one of the 'advanced' nations, where warrantless searches of gun owners are already the norm.
I hope you're right...but Washington has really gone down hill quickly in the last 20 years.

Old 02-18-2013, 10:29 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,783,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supertrucker212 View Post
The majority does NOT rule in the US. If the majority did rule then why are the top one percent of the income earners running the country?
Don't buy into that belief that your vote counts, it doesn't. The politicians are already bought and paid for BEFORE they get into office.
I have a problem with any law enforcement official coming into my home to poke around without a warrant. If I want someone to come into my house I'll invite them. There are other violations of the constitution taking place as well. Detaining citizens for no specific reason, spraying peaceful protestors with pepper spray, tassering pregnant women, throwing people in jail for possession of marijuana while high level bankers and Wall Street fat cats launder money and get away with it.
The majority doesn't rule, the wealthiest rule!
Our votes count, but the choices we're given are predetermined.

Nobody outside of Chicago heard of Obama until he had won a seat in the Senate. Mainscream media immediately started talking about his running for President, and I mean the day he won the Senate... and viola! The corporate interests (and their lobbyists) give us either a conservative shill or a liberal shill to choose from; and then call it a fair election. Even the UN sent in poll watchers to protect THEIR INTERESTS, since Obama is their guy (literally).

The re-constitution is taking place right before our eyes.

Old 02-18-2013, 10:46 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
More mistakes..the list is incomplete and experts say the list shows a lack of understanding and expertise on fire arms.

Now another interesting bit is that Feinstein said her staff was working for months putting that list together.
So she was doing this way before the Newtown shooting.

Gun ban would protect more than 2,200 firearms - Yahoo! News
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies