Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2013, 10:58 PM

2,112 posts, read 2,597,136 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropical87 View Post
Perfect demonstration of the issue at hand - blame everyone else for hating on black people, when there is a serious issue to be addressed.

It's just easier to hate I guess
As if you care about black people? I am not hating at all, I have come to the realization that it is a waste of time to discuss these issues with people who could careless about black people. Especially people who Google about black dysfunction, find articles written years ago to prove how messed up they think black people are.

Old 02-17-2013, 11:37 PM

3,345 posts, read 3,075,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermaine88 View Post
I've came to that conclusion a long time ago. I'm only 24.

Racism is an excuse that some people throw around when things haven't gone their way.
- When they get older they realized that they have failed at life. They refuse to blame their own decisions for that.
It's much easier to blame someone else then themselves.

I notice people have to want to help themselves, and sadly many have no reason to help themselves succeed.
I have noticed this as well especially from a number of our well known Liberal posters......

You have a number of folks from the left on here who have never even been to a predominantly poor black neighborhood and make snap judgements based on race baiting politicians

I have lived in, worked in and volunteered in neighborhoods like these. There are many who work hard, but a disproportionate amount who don't. Some is their own fault, yes, but you also have massive problems with drugs, gangs and broken families that welfare won't help.

Don't know exactly how to begin to start changing this cycle, maybe more mentoring and after school programs, more education on drugs and such.

Old 02-18-2013, 12:10 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,535,626 times
The best thing that Black people can do is to block out the advice of people who despise us. There is nothing benevolent in their agenda. And the LAST thing that they want to see is Black people surpassing their successes.

These people who offer their 'wisdom' are the exact same ones who have a problem when a Black person is hired or promoted over them. They lose their minds if little Becky does not get accepted into their university of choice and the school has admitted a Black student over them. These are the same people who become enraged when a Black family moves in to their neighborhood, drives a nicer car, has a better education, takes more exclusive vacations than they can afford.

The enemy is evil, manipulative, vicious and cunning.

Old 02-18-2013, 12:26 AM

3,875 posts, read 3,871,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Immortal technique View Post
Same goes for Whites who claim that Obama, blacks, and illegal immigrants are keeping them down.
Too funny, why don't you tell me who is killing who in Chicago with all the gun violence exactly ???

Yes lets's blame guns when it is obvious what demographic is doing the vast majority of the shootings, it's also the vast majority of the victims also. Yet it's not very PC to address this so Obama scapegoats legitimate gun owners instead of dealing with the actual problems.

Old 02-18-2013, 01:04 AM

15,080 posts, read 20,477,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropical87 View Post
Message to blacks: It's not Whitey keeping you down, it's yourselves
Agreed.

[but that applies to every racial/ethnic group]

Old 02-18-2013, 02:34 AM

2,198 posts, read 2,735,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
reverse racism
Can we retire this idiotic and nonsensical term already?

Old 02-18-2013, 04:00 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,753,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
except the Democratic party has never advocated that you should live on welfare. I know you make think they have because some right winger says they have, but they havent.

The Democratic Party advocates that you shouldnt have to starve to death because you made a mistake somewhere along the line.
Of course they don't, but they also don't do anything to correct the situation causing the problem. Getting free stuff creates lazyness, this is why you have generations of families on welfare. Education is the solution.

Old 02-18-2013, 04:11 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,944,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermaine88 View Post
I've came to that conclusion a long time ago. I'm only 24.

Racism is an excuse that some people throw around when things haven't gone their way.
- When they get older they realized that they have failed at life. They refuse to blame their own decisions for that.
It's much easier to blame someone else then themselves.

I notice people have to want to help themselves, and sadly many have no reason to help themselves succeed.
You know what makes me happy...Whatever you ethinic background, that You at 24, have not faced any racism. That, to me, is proof that our society is changing...has change.

Old 02-18-2013, 04:21 AM

1,216 posts, read 1,464,328 times
I would say the original post applies to all races and ethnicitys. This country does not value education, work, or perseverance. We value greed and entertainment.

Last night my nine year old had a friend over. Her friend told my daughter that she was rocking a "Snooki" look. I said a brief prayer of thanks when my daughter did not know who Snooki and then Jwow were. But it really made me think about what values our kids are going to have if a ten year old girl watches whatever show that is everynight.

Ha this thread is so relevant to my realization last night. I told the girls they need real female role models like ......... Yeah I could only think of HIllary Clinton, and I am mostly a conservative. I ended up giving her the names Hillary Clinton, Condoleezza Rice, and Nancy Pelosi. I thought my husband was going to have a heart attack when I said Nancy Pelosi, but as much as I despise her politics, I admire her strength and place in life.

The point is I had a hard time thinking of female role models who were know for something other than their celebrity. I think this is a symptom of a deeper problem within our society. We despise and mock education. People who work hard are seen as schmucks unless they happen to be the ones who make millions. I don't think this is primarily a black/white issue as much as a socioeconomic issue.

Old 02-18-2013, 05:06 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,421,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perception View Post
All my Afrikan brothers and sisters the problem is we lack culture, the very thing that negates ignorance don't let these devils fool you into thinking that this current Americanized black culture is ours. It is not it is what these devils view us as. History is the very testament to this.
There is some truth to this post of course it could be more effective without the racism and name calling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies