Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2013, 05:15 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,418,524 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropical87 View Post
Perfect demonstration of the issue at hand - blame everyone else for hating on black people, when there is a serious issue to be addressed.

It's just easier to hate I guess
They just don't get it. I guess it's easier to blame Whites than acknowledge issues. The fact is with a diversifying non White groups are also noticing the negative pathologies of the African American community and want nothing to do with it.

The Washington Post ran a series showing how PG county is becoming increasingly segregated while the rest of the region is rapidly diversifying. New immigrants simply bypass the county.

Old 02-18-2013, 05:17 AM

25,386 posts, read 35,540,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermaine88 View Post
I've came to that conclusion a long time ago. I'm only 24.

Racism is an excuse that some people throw around when things haven't gone their way.
- When they get older they realized that they have failed at life. They refuse to blame their own decisions for that.
It's much easier to blame someone else then themselves.

I notice people have to want to help themselves, and sadly many have no reason to help themselves succeed.
I have to agree. My black students, disproprotionately, would rather disrupt class than learn even when I know they can get the material. This is not true of black foriegn exchange students but they're the cream of the crop anyway so I'm not sure that's a fair comparison. I used to live in the city and watched my welfare recipient neighbor's children stand on the front porch and chant "OREO, OREO, You're only black on the outside." at the professional black couple across the street. SERIOUSLY. After the neighbor kids ran the couple's son, who was in a wheelchair, off the porch and tried to blame my ss, this couple moved out of the city. I realize this is one family but to have the nuts to stand on the porch and chant like that is insane.

As a teacher, I can say that it appears that many black students see doing well in school as a white thing to do. They don't say it but they don't respond the same when they get things. I had an incident the other day where a black student got the answer to a question first. At first, he smiled and then he noticed the rest of the room and, suddenly, it was Mr. Cool and disrespectful...It was like Jeckle and Hyde. It was like he was correcting himself for behaving in a manner he didn't want to be seen as being like. He's a bright kid but I fear for his future if he keeps checking himself like this for appearances sake.

What I see happening here is analgous to girls not doing well in math and science. The girls are just as smart as the boys but once they notice boys, don't want to be seen as more intelligent than the boys so they hang back. Soon, they can't keep up because they've been hanging back and the stereotype that women can't do math and science persists. It has been shown that when you segregate boys and girls, girls perform just as well as boys. I don't know how to fix this either.

Old 02-18-2013, 05:18 AM

651 posts, read 705,283 times
As I said before, its the blacks that want into the white neighborhoods not the reverse.

Old 02-18-2013, 05:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Personally I think the whole arguement is funny if it was not so tragic. Blacks who have "made it" and look down upon those who have not, always chime in with Africans and other immigrants who for the most part are ignorant of real American history. Meanwhile the whites that have no real knowledge about racism or inner city issues have every solution to black probelms but dare not step into a bad neighborhood to do anything worth mentioning.

Yes, there are trifling negroes that do not want to ever do anything in their lives but look at videos, get high and collect checks but there are also whites that do this just as well. Yes, there are middle and upper class blacks that are treated like some mythical beings because they are never mentioned because they prove the racial sterotypes wrong. Yes, racism is a part of why certain things that happen in the black community are the way that they are. There are some of us who have overcome this quamire of ignorance but there are far too many that don't and for some reason white conservatives and ignorant middle class blacks as well as recent immigrants do not understand this.

That bring to mind something else that many whites, and immigrants will never understand, blacks who come up from nothing or at least very little who live in the "hood" know that you have to be able to jump in and out of both worlds to get ahead. The for the few people that understand what I'm talking about, they tend to be able to relate with the downtroden and at the same time still keep their eyes on the prize which is life betterment.
I've been there and I can tell you that the most of the blacks in those neighborhoods don't want anything from the whites other than cash.

One issue I see is that when blacks are successful, they're run out of the city. I talked in another post about how my neighbor's kids would stand on the porch and taunt the professional couple across the street with "Oreo, Oreo, you're only black on the outside" when they came home from work. This leaves young blacks, in the city, with no successful role models. I don't blame the successful blacks for leaving. I wouldn't want to come home to taunts by my neighbor's kids either. I just think this results in removing the positive role models from the city. What's left is those who can't get out and they seem to be bitter and angry at everyone, especially whites, over their situation.

Old 02-18-2013, 05:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoooka View Post
As I said before, its the blacks that want into the white neighborhoods not the reverse.
Very true.

Old 02-18-2013, 05:43 AM

3,448 posts, read 3,132,726 times
Its a drag and what will it be in 200 years and how will it get there.

Last edited by stargazzer; 02-18-2013 at 06:15 AM..

Old 02-18-2013, 05:58 AM

6,500 posts, read 6,036,704 times
Here's a very harsh reality but it must be said. Look across the country, and you can see once thriving cities and neighborhoods that are now on decline, declined a long time ago, are unsafe, an economic and physical mess. Sadly, in many cases, a big part of the problem occured after blacks moved in.

Not all black people are a part of the problem, but those that are affect most if the community.

Old 02-18-2013, 06:03 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,671,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermaine88 View Post
True!

The lack of Role Models for the younger generation is a bigger problem.

When your Role Models are nothing but:
Dog Fighters
Gangsters
People singing about how badly they beat so and so up
Baby Mammas
Baby Daddies
Pimps
Sex Sex Sex...
etc.

The youth goes out imitates these role models, after (or while)its been drilled into their heads for years.
Then people wonder why they have amounted to nothing.

The cycle repeats, and repeats.
America needs more young people like yourself.

Old 02-18-2013, 06:09 AM

52,698 posts, read 34,555,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perception View Post
All my Afrikan brothers and sisters the problem is we lack culture, the very thing that negates ignorance don't let these devils fool you into thinking that this current Americanized black culture is ours. It is not it is what these devils view us as. History is the very testament to this.
Louis Farrakhan, is that you?

Old 02-18-2013, 06:26 AM

2,908 posts, read 3,873,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
The best thing that Black people can do is to block out the advice of people who despise us. There is nothing benevolent in their agenda. And the LAST thing that they want to see is Black people surpassing their successes.

These people who offer their 'wisdom' are the exact same ones who have a problem when a Black person is hired or promoted over them. They lose their minds if little Becky does not get accepted into their university of choice and the school has admitted a Black student over them. These are the same people who become enraged when a Black family moves in to their neighborhood, drives a nicer car, has a better education, takes more exclusive vacations than they can afford.

The enemy is evil, manipulative, vicious and cunning.
As long as the black kid got into the university based on merit, not quota. Same goes for the work environment. Too many examples to list.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies