Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-19-2013, 11:02 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,471,329 times

Advertisements

"As a member of the House Intelligence Committee, I am keenly aware that the proliferation of chemical and biological weapons is an issue of grave importance to all nations. Saddam Hussein has been engaged in the development of weapons of mass destruction technology which is a threat to countries in the region and he has made a mockery of the weapons inspection process."

Congresswoman Nancy Pelosi (Democrat, California)
Statement on US Led Military Strike Against Iraq
December 16, 1999

-------------------------

"I come to this debate, Mr. Speaker, as one at the end of 10 years in office on the Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence, where stopping the proliferation of weapons of mass destruction was one of my top priorities. I applaud the President on focusing on this issue and on taking the lead to disarm Saddam Hussein. ... Others have talked about this threat that is posed by Saddam Hussein. Yes, he has chemical weapons, he has biological weapons, he is trying to get nuclear weapons."
Addressing the US House of Representatives
October 10, 2002
Congressional Record, p. H7777

-------------------------------------------------

"Saddam Hussein certainly has chemical and biological weapons. There's no question about that."

During an interview on "Meet The Press"
November 17, 2002

================================================== =========

"We stopped the fighting [in 1991] on an agreement that Iraq would take steps to assure the world that it would not engage in further aggression and that it would destroy its weapons of mass destruction. It has refused to take those steps. That refusal constitutes a breach of the armistice which renders it void and justifies resumption of the armed conflict."

Senator Harry Reid (Democrat, Nevada)
Addressing the US Senate
October 9, 2002
Congressional Record, p. S10145

===========================================

"There is no doubt that Saddam Hussein's regime is a serious danger, that he is a tyrant, and that his pursuit of lethal weapons of mass destruction cannot be tolerated. He must be disarmed.

We have known for many years that Saddam Hussein is seeking and developing weapons of mass destruction."

Senator Edward Kennedy (Democrat, Massachusetts)
Speech at Johns Hopkins School of Advanced International Studies
September 27, 2002

================================================== ====

"Iraq's search for weapons of mass destruction has proven impossible to completely deter and we should assume that it will continue for as long as Saddam is in power.

We know that he has stored secret supplies of biological and chemical weapons throughout his country."

Al Gore, Former Clinton Vice-President
Speech to San Francisco Commonwealth Club
September 23, 2002

===========================================

"Iraq appears not to have come to a genuine acceptance -- not even today -- of the disarmament, which was demanded of it and which it needs to carry out to win the confidence of the world and to live in peace."

Dr. Hans Blix, Chief UN Weapons Inspector
Addressing the UN Security Council
January 27, 2003

------------------------------------

"The recent inspection find in the private home of a scientist of a box of some 3,000 pages of documents, much of it relating to the laser enrichment of uranium support a concern that has long existed that documents might be distributed to the homes of private individuals. ...we cannot help but think that the case might not be isolated and that such placements of documents is deliberate to make discovery difficult and to seek to shield documents by placing them in private homes."

Dr. Hans Blix, Chief UN Weapons Inspector
Addressing the UN Security Council
January 27, 2003

====================================

"Now let me be clear -- I suffer no illusions about Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal man. A ruthless man. A man who butchers his own people to secure his own power. He has repeatedly defied UN resolutions, thwarted UN inspection teams, developed chemical and biological weapons, and coveted nuclear capacity. He's a bad guy. The world, and the Iraqi people, would be better off without him."

State Senator Barack Obama (Democrat, Illinois)
Speech at Federal Plaza, Chicago, Illinois
October 2, 2002

===============================

"In the four years since the inspectors left, intelligence reports show that Saddam Hussein has worked to rebuild his chemical and biological weapons stock, his missile delivery capability, and his nuclear program. He has also given aid, comfort, and sanctuary to terrorists, including Al Qaeda members...

It is clear, however, that if left unchecked, Saddam Hussein will continue to increase his capacity to wage biological and chemical warfare, and will keep trying to develop nuclear weapons. Should he succeed in that endeavor, he could alter the political and security landscape of the Middle East, which as we know all too well, effects American security.

This is a very difficult vote, this is probably the hardest decision I've ever had to make. Any vote that might lead to war should be hard, but I cast it with conviction."

Senator Hillary Clinton (Democrat, New York)
Addressing the US Senate
October 10, 2002
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2013, 11:15 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 17 days ago)

29,550 posts, read 16,528,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Yep, for example the fact that Obama's own Director of National Intelligence said the weapons were moved to Syria. That happened after Democrat Sen. Rockefeller tipped off Iraq's allies before the multinational invasion.

Remember though, that Clinton's goal of regime change in Iraq was accomplished by the invasion.
you are doing it again, assuming the agreence( not a word,but ..) with a lie justifies the lie or states that it is true, it doesnt.

Has that ever been proven truthful ? You are arguing something that was said 10 years ago that i have seen no one confirm. Im not saying any of them are bad people, simply that they made a mistake.

Old 02-19-2013, 11:23 AM

88,971 posts, read 44,780,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
you are doing it again, assuming the agreence( not a word,but ..) with a lie justifies the lie or states that it is true, it doesnt.
Bush reiterated Clinton's, UNSCOM's, and the UN's intel. If they lied, the only thing Bush is guilty of doing is actually believing anything Democrats and the UN say, and repeating what he'd been told.

Old 02-19-2013, 12:19 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,253,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Hey, bob, was the "documentary" really a good one. As I said I couldn't watch it because MSNBC isn't on my program but I watched college basketball and would have if I could have seen your show. I saw parts of a really outstanding women's game between Baylor and UConn. That Griner girl is something special and worth watching. I bet her neck isn't as long as Maddow's though.

Old 02-19-2013, 12:47 PM

1,209 posts, read 1,035,969 times
I am now more convinced than ever that Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld and Rice need to be tried for war crimes, time to perp walk them.

Old 02-19-2013, 12:55 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,460,918 times
Quote:
It's funny how you guys make a laughingstock out of birthers, but persist in this fantasy of the Iraq invasion being a conservative conspiracy.

You also regularly deride Republicans as being wrongheaded on every issue and unable to govern, but then turn around and claim they were able to engineer an entire war for which many Democrats voted.

It's ridiculous.

Old 02-19-2013, 12:56 PM

24,508 posts, read 33,295,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wytrvn View Post
I am now more convinced than ever that Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld and Rice need to be tried for war crimes, time to perp walk them.
See post #102.

Old 02-19-2013, 12:56 PM

1,596 posts, read 1,158,397 times
Quote:
Hubris, my ass!

Old 02-19-2013, 12:58 PM

1,596 posts, read 1,158,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
See post #102.
What page is that on?

Old 02-19-2013, 12:59 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,471,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wytrvn View Post
meanwhile..clinton was convicted of war crimes
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies