Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Liberals Taking Tax Deductions: Hypocritical?
Yep. 47 58.02%
Nope. 34 41.98%
Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2013, 02:32 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,663,011 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
Liberals want to get rid of tax breaks for the wealthy and large corporations. I support the tax breaks for poor and middle class individuals and families. So I say no.

............. and so why should you get tax breaks and other citizens should not?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2013, 02:34 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,264,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
Liberals want to get rid of tax breaks for the wealthy and large corporations. I support the tax breaks for poor and middle class individuals and families. So I say no.
Can you explain to me how taxes didn't go up for middle class people when my wife was informed by her state pension fund administrator that because of raised federal taxes they would have to be withholding another $190 per month? something happened and I think it was a tax raise or three or more.

Old 02-18-2013, 02:36 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,264,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
Are conservatives that decry government programs, yet take handouts, hypocrites?
Are you talking about people like me who have been paying SS taxes since the middle 40s and are still doing it? I bet you are.

Old 02-18-2013, 02:41 PM

11,431 posts, read 19,000,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
In other words, let's expand social programs but let others pay for it.
No, you're twisting my words to suit your agenda. I am most definitely for limited government; NO Social Security, SSI, welfare, bloated military all over the world, corporate welfare, not offshore tax havens, no subsidies to oil cos and the like. I'd like to face the same tax burden as anyone else, but be treated equally under the law- live and let live, let me keep the $$ that I've earned.

Old 02-18-2013, 02:58 PM

588 posts, read 1,014,905 times
Do conservatives that have trouble with logic repeatedly embarrass themselves with ironic examples illustrating just how poor their reasoning actually is?

Old 02-18-2013, 03:05 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,369,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Are conservatives who take tax deductions hypocrites?
Do you even know what hypocrite means? How do you figure that people who think taxes should be lower taking deductions to reduce their tax burden is hypocritical?

No, a liberal who thinks taxes should be HIGHER and yet takes deductions to lower his own taxes is being a hypocrite.

Old 02-18-2013, 03:32 PM

3,417 posts, read 3,072,806 times
Why this thread is a complete failure, poll after poll shows THAT EVEN REPUBLICAN VOTERS DONT WANT CUTS TO THEIR MEDICARE. The biggest government program that we have, and they don't want to see their benefits cut. If you want to call liberals hypocrites, we need to make room for republicans also.

Old 02-18-2013, 03:43 PM

588 posts, read 1,014,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
No, a liberal who thinks taxes should be HIGHER and yet takes deductions to lower his own taxes is being a hypocrite.
Look people, I know you really want to hate somebody so this is giving you an outlet for that, but there is no logic to be found in that argument. Do you know what a hypocrite is?

Doing one's best to minimize one's tax burden has nothing to do with what one thinks about how tax rates should be set. You all are essentially saying that no one can support any group without first giving all of their money to that group, because if in any way you have avoided giving more money to that group, then you must obviously not support that group, thus you are a hypocrite. It's sad that I need to sit here and spell this out for the lap dogs but here we are.

Old 02-18-2013, 04:22 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,296,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
After all don't we have a "revenue problem"?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2C-TEyqF8ng
conservatives cannot think. I have never heard on person suggest paying more taxes than anyone owes based on the tax laws of the nation.

How does advocating changing the tax law so that those who have higher incomes pay more in taxes in conflict with anything?

Old 02-18-2013, 04:28 PM

818 posts, read 1,017,266 times
That would obviously depend on what it is for, you should ask specific questions if you are going to bother asking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies