Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2013, 05:39 PM

72,971 posts, read 62,554,457 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
"A man charged with slapping a toddler on a Minneapolis-to-Atlanta flight is out of a job, his former employer said Sunday.

Joe Rickey Hundley, 60, of Hayden, Idaho, is no longer an employee of AGC Aerospace and Defense, Composites Group, Daniel Keeney of DPK Public Relations confirmed Sunday night.

Al Haase, president and CEO of AGC, issued a statement early Sunday that, while not referring to Hundley by name, called reports of behavior by one of its executives on recent personal travel "offensive and disturbing" and said he "is no longer employed with the company." Keeney would not say whether Hundley was fired or resigned. Hundley was president of AGC's Unitech Composites and Structures unit.

Hundley was charged last week in federal court in Atlanta with simple assault for allegedly slapping the 2-year-old boy during the Feb. 8 flight. His attorney, Marcia Shein, of Decatur, Ga., said Saturday that Hundley will plead not guilty. The charge carries a maximum penalty of a year in jail."

Joe Rickey Hundley, Accused Of Slapping Toddler On Plane Flight, Now Out Of A Job

Rightly so.
He should be in prison for assault and battery, and for cruelty to children.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2013, 05:41 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,664,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
He is an executive, a face of his employer.

Employment at will..worked perfectly..a job is not a right. You harm the image of my company , and if you report to me, you are also gone. I care squat if it happened on or off the clock.
I agree, and therein lies the problem with unions that libfreaks just can't seem to see. You know.....like reinstating drunks and druggies while they're spending their breaks, on company time, doping and drugging. Unions got them their jobs back. Never mind they're building cars while under the influence. Maybe a union will get this slapper his job back.

Old 02-18-2013, 05:44 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,825,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan
Not surprising given how public his actions were.
Yes unbelivable converage of it! (They probably didnt want bad publicity)

Old 02-18-2013, 05:49 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,726,125 times
now only if he had smoked some weed insted of drinking some alcohol, the only thing he would be slapping is a bag of chips. and he would still have his job...

the mom of that kid should have slapped him upside his head.

Old 02-18-2013, 05:49 PM

29,212 posts, read 22,344,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
I agree, and therein lies the problem with unions that libfreaks just can't seem to see. You know.....like reinstating drunks and druggies while they're spending their breaks, on company time, doping and drugging. Unions got them their jobs back. Never mind they're building cars while under the influence. Maybe a union will get this slapper his job back.
Oh, come on, Dale. I know even you are smarter than this. Hundley was the top manager of the division. it is one of four that AGC owns.

Unions represent labor, not management. Management represents itself and not unions. Since idaho is a right to work state, it could well be there are no unions at all in the factory.

The only time management is not separate is when a company is employee owned, and this is not the case of the company in question.

Old 02-18-2013, 06:00 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,664,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
I missed this part. Pls provide link to video.
You poor helpless thing. I am not your google. She's been all over the place doing interviews.

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Oh, come on, Dale. I know even you are smarter than this. Hundley was the top manager of the division. it is one of four that AGC owns.

Unions represent labor, not management. Management represents itself and not unions. Since idaho is a right to work state, it could well be there are no unions at all in the factory.

The only time management is not separate is when a company is employee owned, and this is not the case of the company in question.
And you, another poor thing, completely missed the point.

Old 02-18-2013, 06:04 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,525,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropical87 View Post
What I said still applies. I still think the mother (regardless of whatever her race is) should have tried better to control the child. This man's actions were not appropriate, but how many of us have been subjected to an undisciplined brat on a flight who needs some discipline?
Many children cry when the plane is taking off or descending. That doesn't make them a brat.

Old 02-18-2013, 06:17 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,525,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatooine View Post
Perhaps it's best not to fly until the kid is old enough to understand.
or people that don't like kids can find different transportation.

Old 02-18-2013, 06:18 PM

3,046 posts, read 2,382,702 times
I'm glad AGC fired him. Have fun playing golf every day with your 50 million dollar golden parachute and stock options.

Old 02-18-2013, 06:19 PM

72,971 posts, read 62,554,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krichton View Post
I'm glad AGC fired him. Have fun playing golf every day with your 50 million dollar golden parachute and stock options.
I'm glad they fired him too. However, what he really deserves is prison time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies