Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2013, 03:17 PM

1,523 posts, read 1,438,320 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
And if he released the names, I'd give you 30 seconds before you'd be in here screaming that Obama illegally released the name of CIA operatives
Why would you assume they were CIA operatives? Please clarify.

Old 02-18-2013, 03:21 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,878,374 times
The Wall Street Journal has reported that most of the staff at Benghazi were CIA operatives.

What were they doing?

The Libyan government had recently been overthrown. Libya produces a particularly valuable "sweet crude" oil. The American government would be interested in what factions were seizing power in the turmoil left after Gaddafi was overthrown, and having CIA operatives on the ground to gather that intelligence would be a priority, I would think. Moreover, doing anything to support American interests at that crucial time would also be a reason to have CIA operatives on the ground in Libya. And having a location to put together that information, for operatives to share information with one another, to compare notes, to figure out puzzling information, to transmit or store information so that it could be transferred to the United States would be necessary, I would think.

Old 02-18-2013, 03:31 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,671,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pooterposh View Post
I dont care how many questions the repubs ask....they will never, ever, NEVER, EVER be staisfied with the answers given.....never, never, never, never, never, never, ever
Of course we will. Libs have no clue how much the truth matters.

[MOD CUT/off topic] He couldn't care less about Benghazi and dead ambassadors.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 02-18-2013 at 04:07 PM..

Old 02-18-2013, 03:36 PM

1,978 posts, read 1,553,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
How many of their names have the administration turned over to the Senate questioners? Why none, at all that I know about. Now I don't know what Kos says about this but it would be untrue if you knew.

Obama says that the Senators are running out of questions and Graham says that he has asked about 30 and used piles of paper repeating them to the White House with no answers. When will people realize that the questions they are running out of are the ones he refuses to answer.

I saw the video live the other day but know that few Fox watchers are here so I offer all the chance to see what Graham said in the interview. Obama either tells the story or someday will be proved a liar. Of course, he thinks the media letting him have a pass will win out and I don't believe it will, in the end.

Obama Hiding Benghazi Survivors' Identities
Absolutely right on.

Old 02-18-2013, 03:36 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,077,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
I thought that this was going to be the most transparent administration in history.
Transparency does not mean destroying the careers of CIA personnel by blowing their covers.

Old 02-18-2013, 03:50 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,036,704 times
How about they dont make public the names of these people, but let the Senate question them? Somehow, Im sure you liberals and Obama would be against that too.

But seeing how you dont give a damn about Obama's inaction and failure to do anything the night of the attack, it wouldnt matter to you what would come out of questioning anyone else. You just dont give a damn. Your party, your messiah, your agenda is a lot more important to you than anything else.

Old 02-18-2013, 04:13 PM

59,059 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
What Republicans can't wait to pull another Valerie Plame?
And what would that be? Are you referring to the employee who worked at the CIA?

You know, the one a dem, Fitzpatrick, was supposed to find out who "outed" her when he knew right from the start it was Richard Armitige who first uttered her name and ole fitz kept right on running his which hunt and in the end CHARGED NO ONE.

Is this the Valerie Plame you are referring to?

Old 02-18-2013, 04:18 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
Default Obama is hiding the identities of the Benghazi survivors from the Senate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
How many of their names have the administration turned over to the Senate questioners? Why none, at all that I know about. Now I don't know what Kos says about this but it would be untrue if you knew.

Obama says that the Senators are running out of questions and Graham says that he has asked about 30 and used piles of paper repeating them to the White House with no answers. When will people realize that the questions they are running out of are the ones he refuses to answer.

I saw the video live the other day but know that few Fox watchers are here so I offer all the chance to see what Graham said in the interview. Obama either tells the story or someday will be proved a liar. Of course, he thinks the media letting him have a pass will win out and I don't believe it will, in the end.

Obama Hiding Benghazi Survivors' Identities
That darn Obama again!

roy, you really ought to stop holding back on this birth certificate snafu. You owe it to your country to make this a major issue.

Old 02-18-2013, 04:21 PM

1,523 posts, read 1,438,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
And what would that be? Are you referring to the employee who worked at the CIA?

You know, the one a dem, Fitzpatrick, was supposed to find out who "outed" her when he knew right from the start it was Richard Armitige who first uttered her name and ole fitz kept right on running his which hunt and in the end CHARGED NO ONE.

Is this the Valerie Plame you are referring to?
If I'm not mistaken, didn't CNN Crossfire anchor Bob Novak have something to do with the outing of her?

Old 02-18-2013, 04:39 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post

WE dont need to know their names but surely, the Senate should be able to ask them questions.
The Senate knows why the names will not be released. The questions have nothing to do with Bengazi.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies