Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2013, 12:29 PM

73,012 posts, read 62,607,656 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaten_Drinker View Post
Baloney.It was the Republicans who freed them from slavery and fought the KKK to enforce their right to vote.
The Republican Party of 1870 is not the same Republican Party as 2008. Bringing this up shows that one has very little idea of how much the Republican Party has changed.

Old 04-11-2013, 12:31 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,111,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
I've worked with some of the hardest working black Americans that I would rather work with than some whites. I have also worked with some of the hardest working white Americans than I would rather work with than some blacks. Everyone is an individual.

Either way, you are passing judgement on a group of people just like you feel people pass judgement on you. In the end anyone who judges based on groups (coming from either side) is flat wrong.
All of that means nothing. You were given an example of what you said didn't exist. You had the chance to either call it out or ignore it. You passed on calling it out. Compare that to the multiple Liberals in this thread who called out that racism, and you see the difference between Conservatives & Liberals.

I won't vote for a party that openly accepts the racism of its base, and neither will most Blacks. All you've done is prove what most Blacks feel about the Republican party -- even if you're not racist, you're perfectly okay w/ them sitting at your table, voicing their racism...

Old 04-11-2013, 12:45 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,730,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
All of that means nothing. You were given an example of what you said didn't exist. You had the chance to either call it out or ignore it. You passed on calling it out. Compare that to the multiple Liberals in this thread who called out that racism, and you see the difference between Conservatives & Liberals.

I won't vote for a party that openly accepts the racism of its base, and neither will most Blacks. All you've done is prove what most Blacks feel about the Republican party -- even if you're not racist, you're perfectly okay w/ them sitting at your table, voicing their racism...
I am a capitalist and will vote for the party that aligns with my capitalist belief. Sorry but I do not see or hear racism from the right but you are convinced, nothing I can do. If you think that Democrats in office is best for "you" then vote how you feel. That is your choice and that is your right.

Old 04-11-2013, 12:49 PM

5,563 posts, read 4,261,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaten_Drinker View Post
Baloney.It was the Republicans who freed them from slavery and fought the KKK to enforce their right to vote.
Remedial History, just down the hall on the right.

Old 04-11-2013, 12:56 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,111,909 times
Quote:
I am not a Democrat or Republican, I am a capitalist and will vote for the party that aligns with my capitalist belief. Sorry but I do not see racism but you are convinced. If you think that Democrats in office is best for "you" then vote how you feel. That is your choice and that is your right.
Uh huh... there's nothing racist about asserting a factually-incorrect, negative statement about a specific race...

Old 04-11-2013, 01:11 PM

Eddie, I hear alot of accusations about republicans but from what I am hear and people around me I do not hear people disrespecting blacks. Me, I listen to what politicians are selling me but after being sold I expect to see action and want to see results. If they do neither than that person is just another politician.

As I said, if you believe Obama and the Democrats are working on your behalf and achieving the results you believe in and want then you should vote for them.

Old 04-11-2013, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Eddie, I hear alot of accusations about republicans but from what I am hear and people around me I do not hear people disrespecting blacks. Me, I listen to what politicians are selling me but after being sold I expect to see action and want to see results. If they do neither than that person is just another politician.

As I said, if you believe Obama and the Democrats are working on your behalf and achieving the results you believe in and want then you should vote for them.
This is the thing. Comments by Newt Gingrich, Mitt Romney, and Rick Santorum are in fact very condescending.

You have Mitt Romney's "47 percent" comment.
Newt Gingrich's and Rick Santorum's comments about Blacks actually sound quite condescending and patronizing. To some people, it sounds like "Blacks are leeches".

Old 04-11-2013, 03:18 PM

Obama and the Democrats are doing a great job for black Americans right, so don't vote republican. It's as simple as that.

Old 04-11-2013, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Obama and the Democrats are doing a great job for black Americans right, so don't vote republican. It's as simple as that.
I never said President Obama was doing the best job. I said that people go off of what people SAY. If you say things that are condescending towards Blacks and other groups, such as what Mitt Romney, Rick Santorum, and Newt Gingrich have done, then don't expect those groups to vote for you. Why doesn't anyone get that?

Old 04-11-2013, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioRules View Post
Republicans don't care about blacks. Why should they care about people that don't vote for them?.

Democrats don't care about blacks. Except during election time when they say everyone is out to get them without government help.

Blacks don't care about blacks. If they did, they would make their kids learn to read and do math and tell them not to get pregnant at age 15.
So what you are saying is that no one cares about Blacks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies