Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2013, 08:18 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,344,311 times

Advertisements

This is so typical of the incompetent Failure In Chief. Can we survive four more years of his gaffes and epic failures?

Quote:
When McChrystal first met Obama, he recalled thinking that Obama was “uncomfortable and intimidated” by the room full of military brass. That observation helped get McChrystal fired and these days it’s the military brass that feels uncomfortable and intimidated by Obama Inc.

Obama
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2013, 08:20 AM

20,892 posts, read 16,074,302 times
As I recall, it was stupid things said on front of a Rolling Stone reporter that got McChrystal fired.

Old 02-19-2013, 08:24 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,531,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
This is so typical of the incompetent Failure In Chief. Can we survive four more years of his gaffes and epic failures?
Most of us will make it through the next four years in fine shape.

If you choose otherwise, be sure to blame it on Obama, you self-sufficient rugged individualist.

Old 02-19-2013, 08:27 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,373,658 times
Gee, an opinion piece from a right-wing E-Rag doesn't like Obama.

I'm SHOCKED, SHOCKED I say!

Old 02-19-2013, 08:42 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,344,311 times
I'm loving the posts so far. Can't debate the topic? Deflect and sling mud then. Theses are typical liberal Obama worshipers in action. I'd love to see someone who worships at the altar of Obama actually read the article and then debate the topic. The chances of getting an actual debate from an Obama worshiper are usually slim to none. The responses in this thread are normal and indicative of exactly that.

Old 02-19-2013, 08:45 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,098,699 times
Quote:
When McChrystal first met Obama, he recalled thinking that Obama was “uncomfortable and intimidated” by the room full of military brass. That observation helped get McChrystal fired and these days it’s the military brass that feels uncomfortable and intimidated by Obama Inc.
So Obama read McChrystal's mind and then fired him because of what he was thinking?

Old 02-19-2013, 08:49 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,531,346 times
Quote:
I'm loving the posts so far. Can't debate the topic? Deflect and sling mud then. Theses are typical liberal Obama worshipers in action. I'd love to see someone who worships at the altar of Obama actually read the article and then debate the topic. The chances of getting an actual debate from an Obama worshiper are usually slim to none. The responses in this thread are normal and indicative of exactly that.
To quote your OP...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Roma
My response: Most of us will make it through the next four years in fine shape.

If you choose otherwise, be sure to blame it on Obama, you self-sufficient rugged individualist.

Quit trying to deflect.

Old 02-19-2013, 08:50 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,945,761 times
Quote:
I'm loving the posts so far. Can't debate the topic?
Debate what issue? The topic is " Obama’s War on American Generals." The last time I checked, President Obama is the Commander and Chief of the armed forces and can promote and fire generals at will. So what's the "war?" He fired some generals, who go off and live off their fat pensions while becoming ABC Military Experts, with high salaries.

The President then promotes a new general to fill the vacancy. Those generals seem to be competent. I see no controversy here.

Old 02-19-2013, 08:55 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,698,449 times
Quote:

Obama
And?

Here is what I see: I see a president who doesn't buy into the generals-as-gods fan club that has been too prevalent for too long.
He has a job to do, they have a job to do. The generals are not infallible and it is high time we stopped acting as if they are.

If they are uncomfortable, it sort of begs the question, why? Are they hiding something? Aware that they've been given a pass for too long? Realizing that the money-train is going to derail?

I'm sorry, but this just makes them look like a bunch of whiners and not particularly trust-worthy.

Old 02-19-2013, 08:57 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,373,658 times
Quote:
What topic? Someone's opinion in a biased E-Rag alleging Obama has a war on with generals? The linked article identifies itself as inane tripe by its misrepresentation of why MacArthur was sent packing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies