Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2013, 09:05 AM

13,900 posts, read 9,773,129 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
And its spin-offs...

American Restoration
American Pickers
Counting Cars

All good stuff.
Yes, sir.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2013, 09:16 AM

1,168 posts, read 1,244,853 times
I don't watch TV at all but watched Honey Boo Boo on YouTube after the "Sketti" scene and found it fun to watch. Not even in a disdainful way, they seemed to be good people. But with horrible food habbits.

Old 02-19-2013, 09:26 AM

742 posts, read 678,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayton Sux View Post
Hasnt this been a complaint since the Jerry Springer/Ricky Lake era?
Well, then they laughed didn't want to be them, now people idolize it, want to be just like their reality TV stars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
The honey boo-boo's like to be called "GOP voters"
Chances are they can't think enough to be concerned for more than, attention wh*^$#, McDonalds and MTV but they probably wouldn't mind Gov freebies. Such as Obama phones or a restriction on non soda because they can't control their own diets. I mean diet soda does not make you fat!

Old 02-19-2013, 09:28 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,114,106 times
Don't watch it. I don't. It's called free choice.

Old 02-19-2013, 09:30 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
I don't watch much but I read CDC and find out stuff from u
Thanks

Old 02-19-2013, 09:36 AM

651 posts, read 705,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Don't watch it. I don't. It's called free choice.
Free Choice is not the issue. The issue is what Americans are devolving into. You are what you eat and all that rot. But you don't seem to understand that line of thinking.

Old 02-19-2013, 09:36 AM

19,637 posts, read 12,231,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayton Sux View Post
Hasnt this been a complaint since the Jerry Springer/Ricky Lake era?
There were lot of other options then. Now it's all reality tv. You could get history and docs on the History channel or learn something from the Learning channel. You could watch a quality sitcom or drama.

Now news is a joke and people are childish and mean on "serious" talk shows. Women look tacky and announcers scream into the mike and sound dumb.

Idiocracy is not a very old movie but it is happening really fast.

Old 02-19-2013, 09:38 AM

78,417 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoooka View Post
The only shows that seem to do well are voyeuristic shows. Watching the stupidity of others. Fat idiots like honey boo boo, the stupid shed wars or storage wars, the ultra stupid sons of guns. WTF is wrong with this country?
I like storage wars, they have some interesting history items pop up from time to time and the people are interesting. I'd bet a good chunk of money that Barry in particular is a heckuva lot smarter and educated than you seeing as how he ran a company prior to retirement.

In defense of Honey boo boo....keep in mind that this is not Lake Wobegone where everyone is above average. They are showing a below average intelligence, below average looks working class family. I will say that I'm fairly impressed that they are a loving supportive family and I think it's snobbish to look down on "people like that". Those are just regular people getting through life with their family.

Old 02-19-2013, 09:40 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,375,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Push that button on the remote and watch Pawn Stars, instead.

You'll thank me for it.
That show is fake and all set up.
But I did enjoy its first few seasons.
I couldn't watch it after meeting Rick and realizing what an ahole he is.

Old 02-19-2013, 09:43 AM

505 posts, read 940,792 times
This is why we pulled the plug on cable in my house. My little guys watch PBS and videos from the library. No Honey Booboo crap. I want to have decent little human beings in my house, not little dipsh**s like what you see on cable TV.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies