Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2013, 10:17 AM

651 posts, read 705,209 times

Advertisements

I left Kansas a year ago. Will never look back. When I moved there I asked what is there to do? I was told shop and eat. LOL Then how about going to the Flint Hills. Well if you have never been there, all I can say is if Hell had a National park it would look like the Flint hills. LOL. Then we had the WBBC in Topeka, and after I read the book Whats the matter with Kansas, and it was time to go. Kansas just suck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2013, 10:23 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,238,044 times
Put another log on the fire! Did ya here the one about the smart kid from Kansas? Nobody else did either. Did ya here the one about the kid fom Kansas that wanted to study law? He had to move! Did ya her the one about the kid from Kansas that wanted to study how climate change has evolved? Didn't work, He wasn't taught evolution in school! Come on now lets make Kansas an even bigger laughing stock ,We can giterdone...

Old 02-19-2013, 10:24 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,874,717 times
Climate change isn't a theory.

Climate change is an observable phenomena. We know that the planet's climate has changed over time, we have a variety of ways of measuring those changes. We know that changes in the planet's climate impacts the lives of human beings.

The only thing up for discussion, it seems, would be the causes of climate change, and how humans should react to the changing climate. And I think that those discussions probably don't occur in science class, but in social studies classes instead.

Old 02-19-2013, 10:27 AM

10,553 posts, read 9,649,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Climate change isn't a theory.

Climate change is an observable phenomena. We know that the planet's climate has changed over time, we have a variety of ways of measuring those changes. We know that changes in the planet's climate impacts the lives of human beings.

The only thing up for discussion, it seems, would be the causes of climate change, and how humans should react to the changing climate. And I think that those discussions probably don't occur in science class, but in social studies classes instead.

Even the causes of climate change are not debatable. There is no other reason for the steep increases in CO2 levels other than human action since the industrial revolution. The fact that CO2 prevents heat from leaving the earth and instead deflects it back at the planet is also a fact, not a theory. It acts like a blanket on the earth. These are facts.

Old 02-19-2013, 11:00 AM

9,659 posts, read 10,226,412 times
I guess some people don't believe in neither science nor history.

Old 02-19-2013, 11:04 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuselage View Post
It's really not much of a discussion. Most of the world has seen the evidence and reached the same conclusions. It's just a few people here in the US who have bought into the propaganda by big business that climate change isn't real.
scrub, rinse, repeat. Nobody has ever said that climates don't change. We wouldn't want to let that get out though.

Old 02-19-2013, 11:12 AM

10,553 posts, read 9,649,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
scrub, rinse, repeat. Nobody has ever said that climates don't change. We wouldn't want to let that get out though.
When natural climate change occurs, it is either an event like El Nino, or changes that take place over tens of thousands of years. We're not in an El Nino, so there is no other explanation for all the climate change we are seeing.

Old 02-19-2013, 11:16 AM

29,094 posts, read 26,005,925 times
How is this political or controversial?

Old 02-19-2013, 11:17 AM

9,659 posts, read 10,226,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
When natural climate change occurs, it is either an event like El Nino, or changes that take place over tens of thousands of years. We're not in an El Nino, so there is no other explanation for all the climate change we are seeing.
Keep one thing in mind, climate change itself causes climate change!

Further more: Climate change is not always bad!

Old 02-19-2013, 11:20 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,238,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
How is this political or controversial?
Read the article and then you will understand. Maybe
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies