Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2013, 12:03 PM

19,784 posts, read 15,109,663 times

Advertisements

Well, I suppose as soon as a loon drives one through a school with the sole intent of taking out as many kids as he/she can, there will be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2013, 12:04 PM

12,962 posts, read 13,673,944 times
We wouldn't still be talking about Sandy Hook if it were also an accident.

Old 02-19-2013, 12:05 PM

6,331 posts, read 5,209,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YAZ View Post
100% agree..... MADD came out and made communities aware of the dangers. The Law saw a money making opportunity.

Awareness has a much better effect.
MADD is a scam. MADD is anti-alcohol, none of their proposals attempt to limit driving privileges , just drinknig privileges.

Old 02-19-2013, 12:08 PM

4,738 posts, read 4,434,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoooka View Post
And what you would have to pass a law that would make it illegal not to have it charged up every night. LOL Really, thats your solution? I can change the ballistics on any barrel by using emery cloth and abrasive material with a few passes through it. I can change the fingerprint on a firing pin by doing the same thing. Every time you come up with some lame ass thing someone can figure a way around it. LOL GPS in a gun. WOW Not saying you Versatile, but the poster of that stupid idea.

I'm not sure of the GPS idea. . .its electronics. It requires power (as noted).

Tracking could be done in other ways though
  • gun material could be "typed" or a random isotype added
  • Gun powder could be typed

You could be smart about the penalties too
- having a unregistered weapon, go to Prison for a long time
- not reporting a unregistered weapon as sold, lost, or stolen within 15 days and its used in a crime - you go to prison for a long time
- having a non-typed ammo (Gun Powder) that isn't tied to you and your purchase, you go to prison for a long time

Old 02-19-2013, 12:12 PM

651 posts, read 705,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFromChicago View Post
I'm not sure of the GPS idea. . .its electronics. It requires power (as noted).

Tracking could be done in other ways though
  • gun material could be "typed" or a random isotype added
  • Gun powder could be typed

You could be smart about the penalties too
- having a unregistered weapon, go to Prison for a long time
- not reporting a unregistered weapon as sold, lost, or stolen within 15 days and its used in a crime - you go to prison for a long time
- having a non-typed ammo (Gun Powder) that isn't tied to you and your purchase, you go to prison for a long time
Tagging powder is not valid. I can remove a bullet and use other powder and what does it matter if you know it was a bullet that was delivered to Walmart in 2012? How does that help? Its already a crime in many states to not report a stolen gun in a certain amount of time.

Old 02-19-2013, 01:13 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,238,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoooka View Post
Just where are you going to put one on a gun that someone who does not want it tracked can not disable it? Its a cost that wastes time and money and in the end will not work. There is almost no where you can put one, that if you change stocks its overcome. Its another solution that will not work. You may as well try to put tracing on bottles of Jack to keep drunk drivers off the road. Its just stupid.
You said it. There is almost! Embedded into the frame of the gun//rifle/shotgun/revolver/pistol. Unremovable by most and a Federal Felony if you do. You just call it stupid to argue. My 454 Casull has a Hammer lock for it and i am sure that many argued in the past against a hammer lock that the type i have would have said to add to much weight/to intricate etc. You can always find a reason to not do something.We can sure find ways to add everything imaginable to these so called Assault Rifles except the technology and equipment to make them safer. Stick your head in the sand or be a part of the solution. People are sick of these gun massacres and they will do something eventually.When it comes down to a mother/wife saying "Honey whose side are you on. Our side/kids or the NRA?" Who do you think will lose?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies