Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-19-2013, 11:39 PM

12,498 posts, read 26,994,162 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Yeah, being religious is a CHOICE.

Being gay is NOT.
I both agree & disagree.

Gay people are usually people who have been molested as a child or who have had some other traumatic event happen in their lives.

Others are born with more male or female genes than normal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2013, 11:41 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,141,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
I both agree & disagree.

Gay people are usually people who have been molested as a child or who have had some other traumatic event happen in their lives.

Others are born with more male or female genes than normal.
Citation?

Old 02-20-2013, 01:30 AM

23,222 posts, read 29,044,905 times
I adhere to that wise old man Sigmund Freud, who claims we were all born bisexual. I agree! I agree! I agree!

Being that, the Gay population is 0%!

Old 02-20-2013, 01:40 AM

334 posts, read 451,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
They do.

Gay marriage is not normal like bestiality.

I was wondering how long it would take for one of you guys to make THAT connection.

Old 02-20-2013, 01:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
Sigh...
...It's healthiest to bathe about once every 5 days. Bathing more than that doesn't allow the body's natural oils time to accumulate.

*source

I bathe about twice a week. I have no stench.

Your wife and friends probably disagree.

Old 02-20-2013, 01:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
He's surely means that he's feels he would be having the gay agenda forced down upon him if a gay married couple moved next door to him.

Then he would find out that on average gay couples have a higher income, make better neighbors, and are better housekeepers. It would WRECK the fantasy he has built up in his head about those dirty nasty F#@$.

Old 02-20-2013, 01:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
There's an entire thread elsewhere on CD about how inappropriate it is for a boy to wear a dress to school, but nobody even notices when girls dress in boys' clothes.

Until Modern times, everyone wore "dresses".

Old 02-20-2013, 02:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
You people never stop demanding government intervention and interference in private matters that government has no business being involved in.
At the current time in the US, the GOVERNMENT controls marriage, and who you can marry.

Are you saying the government should get out of it and if an organization or church wanted to marry a same sex couple you would be okay with that?

Old 02-20-2013, 02:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
... and that number is undoubtedly higher, as it takes a long time for a very large amount of homosexuals to admit to THEMSELVES that they are gay first before they would ever even say it outloud.

Between 3 and 5% has always been the most realistic number of homosexuals in the United States.

That extra 1.5% will also include people who live a lie their entire lives.
Personally, I think it is closer to 10%, this would include those that are conflicted in their sexuality, as some in this thread may be.

Old 02-20-2013, 02:21 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,636,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by okie1962 View Post
Last year my sister, who was one class under me, and my old girlfriend, who was one class over me, were looking through an old year book. We started talking about who was gay in our class.

We come from a small town in rural Oklahoma of about 3,000 people. There were 76 in my class and we were able to find 7 that we knew of that are gay. My sister and my old girlfriend found about the same percentage as I found in my class. We came up with a number at about 9%. Of course that was just a small sample but it ma ybe a close representation of rest of the population.
Of 315 in my senior class, there was only one definite gay person. He couldn't help but be out, since he got caught giving oral sex to a boy in the gym shower during freshman year. ( Funny, I don't remember who the guy was on the receiving end.) The only out guy seemed to get shunned more than bullied. But in the junior yearbook the first name by his picture was "Karen." I don't remember how he made it through high school, unless him having a good sense of humor helped. And years later from talk, I learned of several others gay and was shocked to learn two of them were lovers in secret during high school.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies