Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-20-2013, 10:57 AM

2,385 posts, read 4,332,495 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
A survey of prime time characters found only 4% were gay. Hardly overwhelming.
If that's the case, then they're still being overrepresented

And those people also weren't watching Glee lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2013, 11:00 AM

1,790 posts, read 2,050,775 times
Isn't that like watching Halloween and complaining there's too much violence?

Old 02-20-2013, 11:11 AM

1,866 posts, read 2,848,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Violett View Post
I feel the same way about gay comedy or melodrama. I'm not saying that those issues should never be addressed on TV, just that it doesn't have to be on all shows in every episode.
I'm either not watching enough TV, or I'm watching the wrong shows. Where are you people seeing all these gay episodes?

33,521 posts, read 37,121,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5 View Post
Maybe we just want our children to avoid those high risks, lead a fuller
normal life, and go to Heaven.
Nobody is going to make or convince your kid to be gay or straight...It's not a choice, but sadly bigotry is.

3,493 posts, read 4,670,302 times
"is gay"....isn't it?

Old 02-20-2013, 11:13 AM

1,790 posts, read 2,050,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by css9450 View Post
I'm either not watching enough TV, or I'm watching the wrong shows. Where are you people seeing all these gay episodes?
As the statistics show, Violett is talking out of his or her ass.

Disregard, carry on.

Old 02-20-2013, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoke View Post
Isn't that like watching Halloween and complaining there's too much violence?
I actually don't watch Glee for that very reason. But I might, if there was less gayness.

Old 02-20-2013, 11:16 AM

33,521 posts, read 37,121,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Violett View Post
I will give gays marriage equality if they give back my TV shows. lol. So tired of seeing it on my screen. NOT because I have any moral issues with it, but because I find unrelatable.

I'm not gay-bashing when I say this. I truly hope gay people get equal rights in all states and discrimination against them ends.

But imagine if every movie you ever saw had the feel of a Lifetime movie (read: overly sentimental, woman-centric). Not everyone likes that kind of movie or finds it relatable. I feel the same way about gay comedy or melodrama. I'm not saying that those issues should never be addressed on TV, just that it doesn't have to be on all shows in every episode. I'm so over it. And if the 3% percentage is true, then please quit forcing this lifestyle on us. It's over-represented just because it's somewhat novel. I'm over the novelty.

While I'm on the subject, I would also like for gays to stop campaigning that homosexuality is a normal lifestyle. It may be an emotionally healthy lifestyle, sure, but normal it's not. Normal means average, meaning 50% of the population to which they're referring and if it's only 3% (or 3.5%, whatever), then it doesn't mean the textbook definition of normal. It's not normal. It doesn't mean it's wrong, just that it isn't "normal". Like if I grew a third ear, that doesn't make me a bad person and people should still treat me fairly. But it's not "normal".
Don't like a TV show...I have a simple solution..switch channels, and hey you should report all those who are forcing gayness on you to the proper authorities...

I'm guessing that you are not protesting the left handeds "lifestyle" are you...They are a minority as well.

Old 02-20-2013, 11:18 AM

7,943 posts, read 17,244,959 times
A lot of "straight" guys among the younger generation are pro-gay and have experimented with the same sex. 3.5% is probably about right for those who are exclusively homosexual, but a much higher percentage have same sex attraction to some degree and an even higher percentage have had a same sex experience sometime in their life. What is amazing about this is how homosexuality is everywhere in the media despite only 3.5% of the population being exclusively homosexual.

I wish the tendency in our culture for straight guys to act gay as a form of mockery or humor would stop. It seems like most young straight guys do it non stop with their friends.

Old 02-20-2013, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by css9450 View Post
I'm not saying there are "gay episodes", I'm saying there is an overrepresentation of gay people on TV shows both in comparison to the number of gay people in the US AND for my tastes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies