Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2013, 02:00 PM

88,971 posts, read 44,780,079 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heisenberg7854 View Post
I know about them, but that's not how you worded it. You keep pontificating about "redistributing wealth" which is something entirely different.
It IS redistributing wealth. Taking from one to give to another IS, in fact, redistributing wealth.

More info for you:
Quote:
[T]he top 20 percent of households now pay more than 94 percent of federal income taxes, a record high. The data also shows that effective tax rates have been going down for almost everyone, except the top 1 percent of households. Meanwhile... the share of income earned by the top 1 percent has collapsed back to where it was in the late-1980s and mid-1990s.
CBO Report Shows Increasing Redistribution in the Tax Code Despite No Long-term Trend in Income Inequality
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2013, 02:03 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,719,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Can I choose to not have my tax dollars go for the Military industrial complex and have it diverted to those in need here in the US?
Can I choose my tax dollar NOT go to put food on the table of people who are capable of working but refuse to work? Can I keep my tax dollar instead of paying people to whine for Democrats.

Old 07-29-2013, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Actually, I drive a Japanese car, and I have a cellphone and electronics. My PC is a Dell product which is now foreign made thanks to all the jobs by Dell that were outsourced.
You're contributing to the wage arbitration problem. The belief you've expressed in this thread requires you to only be buying products made in the U.S. If you do not do so; you're a hypocrite.

Old 07-29-2013, 02:06 PM

Quote:
It comes to that point when there's an economic downturn worse than any other we've had since the Great Depression and when the United States has the largest income disparity of all the developed nations all why Congress keeps fighting to cut the minimum wage instead of increasing it.
Minimum wage was meant for people just starting out (growing up). Obviously some never passed that marker, they partied and had a good old time and didn't worry about tomorrow (uneducated people).

Old 07-29-2013, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by derosterreich View Post
I think it is free-will for those who have there own money to give and spend how they see fit. If Bill Gates and Warren Buffet want to provide for 500,000 people out of the goodness of their hearts, then that their right.
Now pay attention. Do Warren Buffet and Bill Gates only make $200K a year? If you didn't figure out that Obama didn't go after the Warrens and Gates then you're a pretty damn stupid.

Old 07-29-2013, 02:23 PM

29,443 posts, read 14,623,440 times
Ever see that sign at a park.. "don't feed the animals" well that is so they don't become dependent and expect the hand out all the time. Seems like we've got that here with our welfare system , with the exception of people that are not able bodied enough to work, or are past the age that they can work.

Old 07-29-2013, 02:32 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,657,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Can I choose my tax dollar NOT go to put food on the table of people who are capable of working but refuse to work? Can I keep my tax dollar instead of paying people to whine for Democrats.
Thank you for that, but Informed consent already gave me an answer to my question.

Old 07-29-2013, 02:43 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Ever see that sign at a park.. "don't feed the animals" well that is so they don't become dependent and expect the hand out all the time. Seems like we've got that here with our welfare system , with the exception of people that are not able bodied enough to work, or are past the age that they can work.
It's called behavioral poverty and it's generational.
We created it when we removed material poverty through welfare programs.

Old 07-29-2013, 02:45 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,657,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
I think we get the picture.

Single moms should give away their kids and get a job. Old people who have worked all their lives should move back in with their kids and work until the day they die. Only lazy bums retire. If people are destitute, they should beg in the streets and some generous republican will come along and voluntarily drop some spare change into their tin cup. If one is poor and sick they should just die, already. Why should anyone care about them. They obviously screwed up their whole life to get to the place they are.

I get it. Nowhere in the constitution does it say that the nation has a social, moral contract with it's citizens. But it does say that anyone can own any type of gun anytime, anywhere, without restriction to protect oneself and allow someone to "Stand Their Ground" if confronted by those lazy, thieving, lying, scary poor people on welfare who would kill you on sight if they didn't spend all their money on drugs and Colt 45 and bought a gun instead.

No, I think we get the over riding sentiments here, very clearly.

Old 07-29-2013, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
I think we get the picture.

Single moms should give away their kids and get a job.
Single moms shouldn't have any kids until they've amassed enough resources to take care of them.
Quote:
Old people who have worked all their lives should move back in with their kids and work until the day they die.
Old people have paid into the SS and Medicare federal insurance system for DECADES. Unfortunately, they'll LOSE money on the SS deal. Not their fault. The federal government ripped them off.
Quote:
Only lazy bums retire.
Many work part-time. It's enough to make ends meet so that they don't become dependent on welfare.
Quote:
If people are destitute, they should beg in the streets and some generous republican will come along and voluntarily drop some spare change into their tin cup. If one is poor and sick they should just die, already. Why should anyone care about them.
Shouldn't they care about themselves, first, before expecting anyone else to "care about them?" It's called PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY.
Quote:
I get it. Nowhere in the constitution does it say that the nation has a social, moral contract with it's citizens. But it does say that anyone can own any type of gun anytime, anywhere, without restriction to protect oneself and allow someone to "Stand Their Ground"
That's been in the Constitution since our country's inception. You're free to leave the country if you dislike the Constitution, you know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies