Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2013, 04:51 PM

22,632 posts, read 15,065,961 times

Advertisements

I confess that "birther conspiracies" fascinate me.

It is a form of entertainment, because the efforts of that tiny minority of individuals who seek to invalidate Obama's presidency is just so bizarre.

Years from now - long after Obama's term ended and new presidents are living in the White House - I think these people will still be ranting and raving how Obama stole both his elections through fraud. Just like how some people still believe the Holocaust never happened, the Moon Landing never happened, the Titanic was intentionally sunk, 9/11 was orchestrated by the US Government, and so on.

Conspiracy theorists will always be with us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2013, 06:25 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,198,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Army Soldier View Post
Actually I do and always have. I was only wanting to see what answer the worshiper of the weasel Libertarian Georgia attorney would give.
Sigh...

Read this book.

Chief Justice Rehnquist devoted three complete chapters to how the Court goes about its business.

Amazon.com: The Supreme Court (9780375708619): William H. Rehnquist: Books

Become educated about how the justices do their job - and then we will talk.

Old 02-20-2013, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
The Us Constitution gives we the people many ways to impeach the President.
A few have met the ultimate fate of impeachment under the Constitution.
Actually only two President's have been impeached - Andrew Johnson and Bill Clinton.

Old 02-20-2013, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post

It is a form of entertainment, because the efforts of that tiny minority of individuals who seek to invalidate Obama's presidency is just so bizarre.

Years from now - long after Obama's term ended and new presidents are living in the White House - I think these people will still be ranting and raving how Obama stole both his elections through fraud.
While I fully agree that the birthers are nuts, i do note that 12 years later, many liberals are still ranting and raving how Bush stole his first presidential election.

Old 02-20-2013, 09:59 PM

26,576 posts, read 14,605,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post

and the entertainment keeps coming. it ain't over as far as orly is concerned:

My conversation with Mr. Dennison from SCOTUS blog | Dr. Orly Taitz, Esquire

"I told him that in NAZI Germany they also had a Justice Department, Supreme Court, Parliament and judges, none of whom found one single action by Adolf Hitler to be unconstitutional and that is what we have now in the U.S"

Old 02-20-2013, 10:06 PM

8,275 posts, read 12,934,152 times
These fools need to get over it. He won in 2008 and again in 12 He is president and will continue to be. The birthers are wrong and nothing will change unless they go hold their breath and turn blue. At that point they will hopefully pass out and give us some peace from their foolishness.

I wonder if they know Rubio is Cuban?

It is interesting to note that There were 8 presidents that were citizens of Britain and officially ineligible. Washington, J. Adams, Jefferson, Madison, Monroe, J. Q. Adams, Jackson, and W. Harrison. maybe the birthers can retroactively unpresident them...lol

Old 02-20-2013, 10:39 PM

1,596 posts, read 1,166,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
and the entertainment keeps coming. it ain't over as far as orly is concerned:

My conversation with Mr. Dennison from SCOTUS blog | Dr. Orly Taitz, Esquire

"I told him that in NAZI Germany they also had a Justice Department, Supreme Court, Parliament and judges, none of whom found one single action by Adolf Hitler to be unconstitutional and that is what we have now in the U.S"
De facto new constitution written by the USSC.

Who needs a constitutional convention!

Old 02-20-2013, 10:58 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,443,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Army Soldier View Post
Actually I do and always have. I was only wanting to see what answer the worshiper of the weasel Libertarian Georgia attorney would give.
I so love watching you have to backtrack and your attempt to weasel out when you get pwned.
What was the last one? Had something to do with South Africa, if I recall.

Old 02-21-2013, 05:02 PM

4,373 posts, read 3,251,399 times
Are we still on about this?

Christ how much more does the man have to do in order to you birthers off his back? Good grief it's just sickening the lengths people will go to in order to prove something that isn't real.

Even opponents of Barack Obama and his policies are defending him in the face of the birthers! That's when you know a group is obviously off their rocker.

Old 02-22-2013, 04:31 PM

299 posts, read 638,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
While I fully agree that the birthers are nuts, i do note that 12 years later, many liberals are still ranting and raving how Bush stole his first presidential election.

"Many" is an exaggeration, to say the least. The only time I've seen anyone bring up the fact that Bush was "appointed" President in 2000 due to his brother and father's behind the scene manipulations is when the RWNJ's start talking nonsense about President Obama stealing the 2012 election. They can't handle the fact that Hannity, Rush, Rove, Dick Morris and all the others who carry water for the GOP were dead wrong on their predictions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies