Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2013, 07:04 PM

30,357 posts, read 51,950,786 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrench409 View Post
I'm glad I went to the school of hard knocks rather than any liberal hotbed university.
Oh yeah, how's that working out for ya? What do you do for a living, and do you earn a good salary? Just curious, since my "liberal hotbed university" education is working out great for me!

Old 02-19-2013, 07:07 PM

30,357 posts, read 51,950,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Rossi View Post
The ******* verson of "Brilliance"
Right, because it takes a deep thinker to come up with "*******." Seems you didn't get much past 3rd grade, at least judging by this display of brilliant maturity.

Old 02-19-2013, 10:12 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuselage View Post
You are certainly correct. I used to be a Professor at Columbia before embarking on a different adventure and exclusively taught M.A. and Ph.D students. From various discussions I had over the years, I can not say that students seemed particularly skewed to the left. Rather, there was also a very large segment of rather conservative students to be found.

My only association with leftist viewpoints would probably draw upon the 1960's and I am certain that this association is still very much alive in the public's perception. Alas, that was quite long ago and does not really bear much weight on Columbia's curricula these days. Sure, there are professors who clearly sit on the left on the aisle, but there are certainly just as many who feel more at home on the right. Unless a class tackles public policy or philosophy, personal political leanings generally stay out of the class room. I know that I paid utmost attention to avoid proselytizing my personal perspectives.

That said, if you are on the extreme right, just about everybody seems "left" to you. So, no surprise that some C-D members feel like Columbia (or higher education) is dominated by liberal/progressive thought.
Have you failed to read anything Obama has written about his days at Columbia. I would say you missed all that.

Maybe he didn't really write any of that. Bill might have written it.

Old 02-20-2013, 06:28 AM

9,598 posts, read 16,568,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Have you failed to read anything Obama has written about his days at Columbia. I would say you missed all that.

Maybe he didn't really write any of that. Bill might have written it.
Yeah, but if you are going to play that game, you may as well say George W. Bush is a coke addict.

Did you vote for a coke addict?

People change, and quite frankly the "He did this 25 years ago!" mantra gets very tired.

And yes, I hate it when my side plays it (because they do).

Old 02-20-2013, 06:35 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,114,106 times
Roy, are you ok? Because this is just geting weird.

Old 02-20-2013, 06:45 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,242,601 times
Default Right LEANING Colleges

I wonder what type of curriculum they teach at NEOCONSERVATIVE colleges? Tax evasion? How to start wars and not finish them? How to chase french skirts? Doomsday preparedness? Chop off a gay boy's hair?

Old 02-20-2013, 08:59 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times
Default Any libs here who can explain what is going on here.

As always, roy...

I could explain it to you, but I can't comprehend it for you.

Old 02-20-2013, 09:05 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,874,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
I don't think it was that complicated. I think the message was simply to abandon all preconceptions ye who enter here. Quantum states are unlike anything we experience at the macro level, and so it will not help to try and make sense of them in any ordinary way. Trying to actually make specific sense of what the professor did is actually missing the general point.
I suspect the OP would be the first one dropping the class. Asking him to abandon all preconceptions and think independently would be impossible.

Old 02-20-2013, 09:10 AM

15,823 posts, read 12,467,310 times
Didn't you now? Only Libs take science classes and learn sciencey stuff like Quantum Mechanics.

Old 02-20-2013, 09:43 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,291,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
It seems that this professor at a Columbia University class came into the theater and undressed down to his boxer shorts and then put on black clothes including shades. Then two people dressed as ninjas came in and put stuffed lambs on two stools, tied blindfolds on them and then stuck a long ninja sword through one of them and beat the poor thing on his stool till he flew off the sword. Then some scenes were played on a huge screen behind it all. The kind of things that libs would like to see like scenes of warfare, the 9/11 explosions, Hitler, Mussolini, and others like bin Laden. See it all on this link and maybe someone can explain what is going on. I just don't know enough left lean to figure it out. Yeah, left. Obama did go to schools there, didn't he?

Prof Strips, Shows 9/11 Footage, Impales Stuffed Animal (VIDEO)
Are you expecting me to explain or defend this behavior? Because I won't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies