Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-21-2013, 07:48 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,862,130 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Taking the risk of getting a mod mad I have to note that I posted the vote on the bill and Amash voted against it.
Taking the risk of getting the scratch the surface people offended how bout rereading my post. Especially the part about the meat in the bill

Quote:
If you are unable to comprehend what was said, please do not bother replying to me.
If you are unable to actually read the bill have someone explain it to you. Please don't bother to tell me what I can or cannot reply to. Gee a control freak, go figure.

Quote:
There was a bill despite him saying there wasn't.
There was nothing in the bill that went against what he said. What next? The 100 page Free Trade Agreement is Free Trade because the title says so and that's all one needs so don't read the bill?

Quote:
He might not have liked it and maybe even for valid reasons but there was a bill.
Again have someone read you the bill and explain what was in it. Maybe then, with help, you can make an informed decision. Although based on your posts in this thread you'll continue to be clueless.

Quote:
He voted against it, again, maybe for valid reasons but he voted against it. I posted the vote. Don't make yourself look like an ass and say he did the opposite.
Don't continue to make yourself an uninformed imbecile because of your inability to go beyond scratching the surface. Only a simple child would not understand a statement that says the GOP isn't doing anything different than before and therefore has nothing of substance in the bill.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2013, 07:53 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Taking the risk of getting the scratch the surface people offended how bout rereading my post. Especially the part about the meat in the bill
The meat is irrelevant. He said there was no bill, I posted the bill. I posted where he even voted on that bill and you still claimed I was wrong. Despite me pointing that out you continue to try and defend your worthless position.

I never argued for the bill, why he voted against it or anything. I argued he was wrong when he said there was no bill.

Period. Fact.

Old 02-21-2013, 07:56 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,157,975 times
Another lie of Obama that the media will spin to blame Republicans and clean up Obama.. just the usual.. and the democrats that support Obama will look dirtier and dumber than ever as they drink it like a brainless sponge.

Old 02-21-2013, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
I don't think Republicans are on the record of favoring cutting Medicare.
Yep my mistake just medicaid

Quote:
First, changing the CPI methodology effects cost-of-living increases for SSA beneficiaries. So, that's a real cut.
Using CPI as the factor in order to see who gets how much, I take it? Since it's a cut are you saying people on SSA will will get less of an increase in the future? CPI will now be lower so that means those people will get less?

Quote:
Second, the idea that official statistics, created by career professionals, are "frauds" is loony talk.
LMAO There you go again. Uninformed crazy talk.

CPI counts health insurance as .6 percent. Less than 1 percent
It's 25 percent of the employee compensation package.
cost of health insurance 15300 (4300 by the employee 11000 by the employer)
51k avg income add the 11000=61000
15/61 close to 25 percent

Even if one incorrectly counts just the amount contributed by the employee alone that's still ~8.5 percent
4300/51000=~8.6 percent

You were saying???

Old 02-21-2013, 08:11 AM

Quote:
The meat is irrelevant.
Yes it is. When someone says we made a bill to do ABC and ABC isn't being done in the bill then yes, that is relevant.

Quote:
He said there was no bill, I posted the bill.
he said
"the GOP's alternative would take one year of sequester cuts and spread them out over multiple years. That does not amount to a sequester replacement, Amash contended, because it would lead to spending increases.
"If you take the first year of cuts and spread it out over five years, you are increasing spending, because the current Congress can only control what happens now," Amash said. "I can't control, and neither can anyone else in Congress, what happens three, four, five years from now."

GET IT NOW?

Quote:
I posted where he even voted on that bill and you still claimed I was wrong.
Keep trying. I said you are incorrect to think the bill was what you said it was.

Quote:
Despite me pointing that out you continue to try and defend your worthless position.
because you are ignorant of what the discussion is about, That's on you.

Quote:
I never argued for the bill, why he voted against it or anything.
I never said you did. Deflect much?

Quote:
I argued he was wrong when he said there was no bill.
Period. Fact.
And you are still wrong as you continue to scratch the surface. Period. Fact.

Last edited by Loveshiscountry; 02-21-2013 at 08:21 AM..

Old 02-21-2013, 08:13 AM

602 posts, read 574,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
The GOP owns it. Obama has his hand on the cord, ready to give the chainsaw a yank to fire up and bring the massive cuts, but the GOP idiots as usual are refusing to let him do so as they don't want to give up a penny of the outrageous spending to their corporate cronies.

If the sequester happens, it will be all on the GOP.

Do you not read or can you not read?

Old 02-21-2013, 08:15 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,535,277 times
Default Barack Obama OWNS The Sequester

A silly minority opinion based solely on blind Obama hatred.

Old 02-21-2013, 08:15 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Yes it is. When someone says we made a bill to do ABC and ABC isn't being done in the bill then yes, that is relevant.
Not agreeing with a bill is not the same as none being presented. A good percentage of people disagree with Obamacare and disagree that it will solve our problems but that does not mean it didn't happen.

Old 02-21-2013, 08:17 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,535,277 times
Question maybe just a little...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Another lie of Obama that the media will spin to blame Republicans and clean up Obama.. just the usual.. and the democrats that support Obama will look dirtier and dumber than ever as they drink it like a brainless sponge.

Are you upset?

Old 02-21-2013, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Not agreeing with a bill is not the same as none being presented. A good percentage of people disagree with Obamacare and disagree that it will solve our problems but that does not mean it didn't happen.
sigh It's not about agreeing or disagreeing with the intentions of the bill. One can agree a bill is needed or that a bill is trying to do what it is says it is and still not like the policy used in that bill.

In this case it's about what is in the bill doesn't even address the issue. That is what Amash is saying. It doesn't touch on the issue because of the way it is written.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies