Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2013, 12:23 PM

3,040 posts, read 2,573,386 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
How did Obama create the Repub sequester?
Seriously?? The request came from Obama! Jack Lew and Rob Naders drafted it. Passed congress and Obama signed it. Now OBAMA does not want it.

Yet he was the one who said he would veto any attempt to stop it!

If you can't follow what is happening, maybe you shouldn't comment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2013, 12:23 PM

6,205 posts, read 7,441,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
What are you referring to?
I am referring to the fact that the next 4 years will be hell for Obama but the real loser will be America, with or without $82B in budget cuts.

Old 02-28-2013, 12:24 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,850,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean71 View Post
Republicans want it!

Obama is the one backtracking.
Yeah, you keep saying that, but look at the title of the thread you're posting in. If Republicans want it so badly, why do they keep insisting that it's all Obama's idea and they had nothing to do with it? Why don't they embrace it and own it? It sure doesn't sound like they want it to me.

Old 02-28-2013, 12:26 PM

79,908 posts, read 44,064,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Book Lover 21 View Post
Wow, a lot of substance in that rant. Typical lib playbook: no response, resort to insults.
There was no insult there, just the facts. I do not nor have I ever supported obama and if you would have read before jumping in you would know that. Some can have principled positions and not feel a need to defend everything one party or the other does. Deciding what get funded and what doesn't is as I said, the job of congress. They are fools for ceding any power here to obama. Its their job, do it.

Old 02-28-2013, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Yeah, you keep saying that, but look at the title of the thread you're posting in. If Republicans want it so badly, why do they keep insisting that it's all Obama's idea and they had nothing to do with it? Why don't they embrace it and own it? It sure doesn't sound like they want it to me.
They do. They are just calling out Obama for all his crying on how bad this will be when he's the one you wanted it. Now they have given him several alternatives and he still hasn't done anything.

Old 02-28-2013, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Seriously?? The request came from Obama! Jack Lew and Rob Naders drafted it. Passed congress and Obama signed it.
There you go again, pretending that the GOP had absolutely nothing to do with it. It was simply a "request" by Obama, and we all know the House Republicans are always ready, willing and eager to comply with requests from the president, right?

Quote:
Now OBAMA does not want it.
Neither do the Republicans, judging from this thread.

Quote:
Yet he was the one who said he would veto any attempt to stop it!
He said that after four years of GOP whining about needing to make spending cuts, he wasn't going to allow Congress to kick this can down the road yet again. It needs to be dealt with now, so that Republicans don't continue to do this every time the debt ceiling needs to be raised. Congress had 18 months to figure out what they wanted to cut and they have done absolutely nothing towards that end. They whine and whine and whine, but when they have the opportunity, they do nothing. Which leads to the inevitable conclusion that all they really want to do is whine.

Quote:
If you can't follow what is happening, maybe you shouldn't comment.
My irony meter just exploded.

Old 02-28-2013, 12:50 PM

Quote:
There you go again, pretending that the GOP had absolutely nothing to do with it. It was simply a "request" by Obama, and we all know the House Republicans are always ready, willing and eager to comply with requests from the president, right?

Neither do the Republicans, judging from this thread.

He said that after four years of GOP whining about needing to make spending cuts, he wasn't going to allow Congress to kick this can down the road yet again. It needs to be dealt with now, so that Republicans don't continue to do this every time the debt ceiling needs to be raised. Congress had 18 months to figure out what they wanted to cut and they have done absolutely nothing towards that end. They whine and whine and whine, but when they have the opportunity, they do nothing. Which leads to the inevitable conclusion that all they really want to do is whine.

My irony meter just exploded.
Of course the GOP had something to do with. We NEED cuts. Real cuts.

Republicans want it. They know Obama is crying for nothing. Its a 2% budget reduction for christ sakes. The budget is still higher than last years!
They have offered numerous ideas for cuts and Obama hasn't done a damn thing.

Old 02-28-2013, 01:02 PM

79,908 posts, read 44,064,775 times
I'm on my phone and I'm not good with phone links. I'm reading where Maxine Waters is claiming that because of the sequester we are at risk of losing 170 million jobs. I realize that there is all sorts of stupid in washington but how does someone like this actually get elected?

Old 02-28-2013, 01:07 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,082,097 times
Quote:
Please tell us all how he managed to introduce the bill, debate it, vote on it and pass it, all without Congress? I can't wait to hear this.
Obama's White House staff drafted the idea, Obama approved it, Congress passed it, and Obama signed it. If you notice, there are three steadfast links to Barack Obama in the process. He had three opportunities to stop the sequester, but he didn't. Which part don't you understand?

Old 02-28-2013, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
His White House drafted the idea, he approved it, congress passed it, and he signed it. If you notice, there are three steadfast links to Barack Obama in the process. Which part don't you understand?
Congress debated it, Congress voted on it, Congress passed it...which part don't YOU understand?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies