Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2013, 06:29 AM

30,058 posts, read 18,652,475 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
I can't agree with your reasoning.

First of all, how does the employer know which cars belong to which employees? Does he keep a list of who drives what car? Okay, perhaps there is assigned parking spaces for employees - something that strikes me as unlikely. How does the employer know who the employee voted for even if it had an Obama sticker on it ... that employee might have borrowed their spouses car or one of their children's car, or maybe a stranger slapped on a political sticker ... highly unlikely, but not impossible.

My point is this: 90% of all cars on the road before the election did not have election stickers on them - for either Romney or Obama.

The bottom line ... I think these claims are a big bunch of nonsense. It appears to me that some cry baby sore loser is expressing the hope that some people should suffer because the Republican candidate lost the election.

If that makes you feel better- great.

The guy is the owner of a few plants and would obviously see workers come and go from the parking lot. Secondly, in employee meetings, it would be quite clear who the democrats were.

Heck, I have only ten employees. I know what cars they drive and where they live. We had one of our nurses with an Obama bumper sticker and asked her to take it off, as it was making me nauseous. She did. I know who everyone voted for.

I would offer that most of the Obama supporters at any given facility are probably the least intelligent and the worst employees. Therefore firing them first probably makes good business sense. One would tend to want to have more intelligent employees, and declaring oneself an Obama supporter clearly defines where they lie on that spectrum. It is like a confession of inadequacy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2013, 07:00 AM

7,214 posts, read 9,390,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post

I would offer that most of the Obama supporters at any given facility are probably the least intelligent and the worst employees. Therefore firing them first probably makes good business sense.
Durrrr...yeah, ok. What a bunch of garbage. Did Obama rape your dog or something?

Old 02-21-2013, 08:36 AM

602 posts, read 573,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
When will you losers get over your guy losing? Get over it.
Ummm...it's the Obama voter that's crying right now. You and the rest of the losers arent over it.

Old 02-21-2013, 08:38 AM

602 posts, read 573,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
Durrrr...yeah, ok. What a bunch of garbage. Did Obama rape your dog or something?
No, he eats dog, has sex with a gorilla.

Old 02-21-2013, 08:53 AM

19,609 posts, read 12,206,783 times
This whole thing is really weird. I have never worked anywhere that anyone cared about such things. My last bosses were one liberal one conservative, they were good friends. How about being adults. We have the right, this is America, grow up people. If some starts harassing, fine but you don't tell anyone who to vote for. I would not work for a bully anyway.

Old 02-21-2013, 09:14 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,442,152 times
Quote:
Did Obama rape your dog or something?
Worse. He is raping the nation, repeatedly.

Old 02-21-2013, 09:28 AM

30,058 posts, read 18,652,475 times
Quote:

Not yet

Old 02-21-2013, 09:31 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,512,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
Except in Texas, where you can recover all the money you spent defending yourself from a lawsuit.
Well - first you have to WIN the lawsuit and many companies will pay out just to avoid defending OR putting their 'good name' at risk. Not sure this company had a good name, though.

Lots of states will allow you to sue for attorney fees if you win your case.

It still doesn't change the factt that lawsuits just aren't good for your business. Period. Especially if you are a jerkwad that fires people because they have a certain bumper sticker on their car.

Old 02-21-2013, 09:54 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,981,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
This whole thing is really weird. I have never worked anywhere that anyone cared about such things. My last bosses were one liberal one conservative, they were good friends. How about being adults. We have the right, this is America, grow up people. If some starts harassing, fine but you don't tell anyone who to vote for. I would not work for a bully anyway.
This!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Well - first you have to WIN the lawsuit and many companies will pay out just to avoid defending OR putting their 'good name' at risk. Not sure this company had a good name, though.

Lots of states will allow you to sue for attorney fees if you win your case.

It still doesn't change the factt that lawsuits just aren't good for your business. Period. Especially if you are a jerkwad that fires people because they have a certain bumper sticker on their car.
This too. I didn't vote for Obama, but what kind of fascist POS do you have to be to fire someone because of who they voted for!

Old 02-21-2013, 09:56 AM

8,227 posts, read 11,141,782 times
Anybody who brings their politics into the workplace deserves to be fired.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies