Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2013, 06:21 PM

3,219 posts, read 7,082,223 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
I don't really understand the point. I know women have excelled in certain roles in combat. Everything is on the table when you are defending your own soil.
Just pointing out to the OP that women with guns aren't necessarily crazy and unstable. There's a very common (mis)concepion that all women are soft and helpless. OP seems to imply women can't "handle" guns.
I don't know where this thread has veered off to though, I didn't bother reading through it.

Old 03-01-2013, 06:22 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,261,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
They volunteered for duty, not to be sacrificed at the altar if they get sick, traumatized, develop terror, etc.
Sorry but, they knew what was involved and what was required. Even with all the media attention to multiple deployments (my son is on his 7th right now), enlistments are UP - more young men and women are enlisting for service.

Frankly you lack complete knowledge about what military life and service is all about.

Old 03-01-2013, 06:54 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,822,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annika08 View Post
Just pointing out to the OP that women with guns aren't necessarily crazy and unstable. There's a very common (mis)concepion that all women are soft and helpless. OP seems to imply women can't "handle" guns.
I don't know where this thread has veered off to though, I didn't bother reading through it.
My mistake, I thought you were responding to my previous post, not the OP

Old 03-01-2013, 08:08 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,733,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_J View Post
I'm not going to sacrifice myself for a total stranger. I have a whole team of "we" (family and friends) that rely on me. They are the ones I trust. They are the ones I will sacrifice for.

I've never served in the military. I'm not a first responder. The only thing I can relate that to is team sports and my fraternity. There are members of my fraternity that I did not go to school with but I have a connection to them. Because of a shared experience, I know the type of guy that they are and would definitely go the extra mile for them vs. doing anything special for some stranger.
But you would die upon orders from some dude who doesn't know any more than you do, for millions of strangers? Makes no sense at all.

Old 03-01-2013, 08:11 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,733,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
Can you please provide a link to a US solider being shot by another US solider because they were scared.

It has to be "we" in the military because group and vertical cohesion is so important. You cannot take civilian standards and apply them to the military, they are two separate things. I know the military can come across certain ways, but their responsibilities and the missions they must accomplish are beyond anything you and I would ever see in our day to day lives.
I feel sorry for soldiers.

Old 03-01-2013, 08:12 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,822,024 times
Quote:
But you would die upon orders from some dude who doesn't know any more than you do, for millions of strangers? Makes no sense at all.
And it has made perfect sense for the millions of men and women who have served this country.

Old 03-01-2013, 08:12 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,198,564 times
Quote:

I didnt die, but I bled, and I have friends that did in fact die from orders that came from someone they didnt know. it was part of the job.

since this thread is about women with firearms, I would trust my 13 yo daughter with a firearm to protect my life than I would ever trust democrats on this board, some republicans too.

Old 03-01-2013, 08:23 PM

46,281 posts, read 27,099,738 times
Quote:
No you don't.....you could care less about them....remember most are males....

Quote:
Who said I would die, from the "dude" giving the orders?

What we have is Saritaschihuahua saying I have NO clue what I'm talking about when it comes to the military.

HOWEVER, all rapes and murders start with the gun already at the head of the victim....

Old 03-01-2013, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Have you EVER heard of the chain of command? Do you know how well trained our men and women in uniform are? From the grunts up to the Generals? Do you have any idea at all? Frankly, I do not think you have any clue whatsoever.

Old 03-01-2013, 09:09 PM

Quote:
That is NOT what the other poster asked of you - why are you avoiding answering his question?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies