Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2013, 04:23 PM

2,096 posts, read 4,775,986 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montguy View Post
Christ, what decade do you live in?
The 2030s.

Old 02-21-2013, 04:33 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,304,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
I don't buy it that the anti-black racism is on the rise. The racists are racists, but non-racists aren't becoming racist. If anything, more people are becoming less racist. I do believe that more liberals think conservatives are anti-black. They've been told constantly that any disagreement with the President is racism, that words like "Chicago" and "golf" are racist dog whistles.

People have been saying all kinds of things about Obama's intelligence. A presidential historian even said he was the smartest president we've ever had. Take that Thomas Jefferson! With that much hype, I'd expect unemployment to be at 6% and economic growth at 4% each year, but that just isn't happening. I know we had a big hole to climb out of, but uncertainty about tax increases and Obamacare caused many employers to freeze hiring or sit on their cash. And now that both have come to pass, people are actually losing their jobs or having their hours cut.
Excellent post. You're exactly right. There is no evidence whatsoever that people are becoming more racist. We just think Barack Obama is an ass, unqualified (and there is plenty of evidence to support that view), and, frankly, just plain stupid!

Old 02-21-2013, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuck View Post
Thanks you proved my point!!!!
No. You just think he did. Read his post again. Oh, wait... liberals have reading disabilities. You cannot understand the written word.

Old 02-21-2013, 04:45 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,005,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuck View Post
So go debate with your niece, problem solved!!!
She is now 17, and lights years ahead of you in critical thinking and rhetorical skill.

Old 02-21-2013, 04:50 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,005,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Thanks for clarifying. I didn't have your post in front of me and thought your screen name was Harriet. I see now that it's Harrier.
Harriet was the name of one of my cats.

I originally named her Harry(after Harry Houdini) because she would escape from the box that her and her littermates were in when we were giving them away.

Every kitten was taken but her, and then we learned that she was a female - hence "Harriet".

We always called her Harry anyways.

She has nothing to do with my screen name however, but a lot of people make that mistake!

Old 02-21-2013, 04:56 PM

21,474 posts, read 10,572,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Harriet was the name of one of my cats.

I originally named her Harry(after Harry Houdini) because she would escape from the box that her and her littermates were in when we were giving them away.

Every kitten was taken but her, and then we learned that she was a female - hence "Harriet".

We always called her Harry anyways.

She has nothing to do with my screen name however, but a lot of people make that mistake!

I figured you were either a pilot or currently or have been in the military. But I like the story about the escape artist cat. Hope she's learned to stay put.

Old 02-21-2013, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montguy View Post
And I'm officially debating a 7th-grader.
Correct. That is the level of most of these liberals.

Old 02-21-2013, 05:16 PM

Default Oh, here we go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
Are you black, honey? What do you know about it?
If your not black, you cannot understand, B.S.

Look. Your arguments are stupid. They make no sense, are not based on any evidence, and you worship the ground Obama walks on, so you are incredibly biased. Whatever you say is therefor suspect, and should be disregarded.

Opinions are not facts!

Old 02-21-2013, 05:23 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,264,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
the same can be said of people from the Bayou, people from the Ozarks, people from Boston, and people from New Jersey, along with a lot of other people. For the record, I hate Ebonics. I think that it can negatively affect some black people's ability to get a job.

All those people speak like educated people, there was no reason to add race into the descriptors. This is exactly the original poster's point.
I always wonder why so many people don't expect any black people to be able to speak the language. These people do it so well but why does the color of their skin make them sound so wrong.

You brought up some of the people I always have had trouble with the way they speak the language. Those from Baaaaston really do me in. Also many of those from Jersey make me want to laugh in their faces.

Now, those I mentioned here always got a kick out of how my moderated nasal twang proved where I came from.

Old 02-21-2013, 05:26 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,264,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Actually, he slips into that dialect quite easily when he is addressing a group of black people. And also, at times when he is "lecturing" the American people (which he does often), it will come out.

The truth is, he is really not that good of a speaker. He says "uhhh" far too often, mispronounces words (corpse instead of corps), and his cadence can be very annoying (it is the typical black street gang cadence). But, what else would we expect from a black Chicago thug? He never should have been President. He doesn't have the intellegence to be President, nor the experience he should have (knows nothing about economics or buisness, and his understanding of our Constitution is wrong).
Finally, someone brings up the cadence of Obama, I think you are talking about. When he clips off the endings of words it drives me crazy.

Whoops, one of those racist Tea Partiers has called out another of Obama's weaknesses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies