Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2013, 03:47 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,563,570 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
uhm yes they are federal jurisdiction

from before bush in fact

July 1996 crash of TWA Flight 800, off the coast of Long Island, were felt as far away as Detroit and Tampa. The Gore Commission, impaneled shortly after the crash and tasked with development of a plan to keep aircraft and passengers safe from terrorism, came up with several proposals.

"We will require pre-flight inspections for any plane flying to or from the United States--every plane, every cabin, every cargo hold, every time," Clinton proclaimed.

two separate commissions--one led by Vice President Al Gore and the other fashioned by the Federal Aviation Administration--were charged with making recommendations to improve airline safety and security. The two have done the job of one. The Gore Commission, which delivered its final report on February 12, and the Aviation Security Advisory Committee (asac), which weighed in two months earlier, both proposed ambitious new procedures aimed at protecting America's air travelers from terrorist threat.

effective 1999 airport police were under federal jurisdiction
The government is not the solution, they are the problem!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2013, 03:47 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,480,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
Like hell we do, airlines can provide their own security. I'd even we willing to sign a waiver of liability, just to keep from being assaulted or irradiated like a pkg. of meat.
so you would rather dozens of different companies providing a security for you than one

hmmmm

sounds like you dont love life

Old 02-23-2013, 03:59 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,563,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
so you would rather dozens of different companies providing a security for you than one

hmmmm

sounds like you dont love life
Think about it - if there was a variety of security precautions, that would be a step in the right direction, we wouldn't be so predictable. Plus why choose a plane, when you can go to a local mall or football game and take out many more of us. Our electrical grid, our water. As I said, life is a risk. Quit terrorizing and invading countries, if you don't want blowback.

Old 02-23-2013, 04:00 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,226,412 times
Quote:
Think about it - if there was a variety of security precautions, that would be a step in the right direction, we wouldn't be so predictable. Plus why choose a plane, when you can go to a local mall or football game and take out many more of us. Our electrical grid, our water. As I said, life is a risk. Quit terrorizing and invading countries, if you don't want blowback.
Eh, it's all a chain reaction started by the Commies after WW2.

Old 02-23-2013, 04:26 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,176,801 times
Stupid Commies.

Old 02-23-2013, 07:30 PM

9,884 posts, read 10,974,080 times
I have solved the problem for myself.
I have flown once in the last 15 years.
On that occasion, I took all the "not allowed" stuff off my belt (Leatherman) and out of my pockets (keys, penknife, clipper, etc.) and shipped them to myself at my destination, along with most of my toiletries and clothes. I had a small carry-on bag with one change of clothes.
The only things that went through screening were my belt buckle, my glasses, my watch, my billfold, and my boots.
I considered getting a pair of Speedo swim trucks, and just stripping down at the gate, but I chickened out.
Hopefully, I will never fly again.
As a former aircraft factory worker and A&P mechanic, I know how aircraft are built, and how they are maintained. I no longer want anything to do with aircraft or airports.
the thrill has been worked out of me.

Old 02-24-2013, 09:25 AM

4,538 posts, read 4,811,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
Eh, it's all a chain reaction started by the Commies after WW2.
Hey don't you know? 'Commie' China is our BFF!!!!!!

Old 03-15-2013, 01:55 PM

Quote:
The TSA is a farce - created to appease the private industries supplying the screening machines, etc. It is an expansion of the military-industrial complex. The 'terrorists' were waved thru in the months before 9-11, trained at CIA sponsored air fields. Pentagon officials were warned not to fly commercial airplanes in the weeks predeeding 9-11, why weren't WE? The so-called terrorist Bin Laden's family were the first allowed to fly after the attack.
If there were terrorists that wanted to attack America they could easily bomb hundreds of soft targets - why go to the trouble of hijacking an airplane? Well, at least they can use their pocket knives next time, works just as good as a box cutter.

Old 03-15-2013, 03:12 PM

78,405 posts, read 60,579,949 times
Quote:
What do you mean "blow back"? Kramer says that the terrorist attacks really are just inside jobs.

Old 03-18-2013, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
What do you mean "blow back"? Kramer says that the terrorist attacks really are just inside jobs.
Oh, there was no doubt some original intent, but in the end they would never have succeeded if they didn't have a lot of inside help, mainly in the form of non-interference.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies