Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2013, 03:19 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Exactly. The family always manages to find the time to stick their nose in AFTER their beloved family member is killed committing a crime. Where were they when the crook needed a decent upbringing?
Again with the holier than thou crapola?

The guy was 15 years removed from his childhood. How in the hell do you know about his upbringing? Lots of families have successful children while simultaneously having a bad one or two. Millions of families are this way.

You have no idea about his family life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2013, 03:28 PM

9,138 posts, read 5,803,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
That is the time to give the warning...the sound of an 870 being wracked or a bolt dropped on an AR might convince them to go home instead of threatening and intimidating the victim.
That is an intimidating sound, but they're never gonna hear it.
There's already one in the chamber.

Old 02-21-2013, 03:40 PM

LOL@ everyone acting as if it's so easy to just shoot someone.

How many human beings have any of you shot before? It can't be so easy as many of you think it is. C'mon...be for real!

Old 02-21-2013, 03:42 PM

2,096 posts, read 4,776,513 times
Yay another thread where the social Darwinists/Draconians come out to play. Yippie.

Old 02-21-2013, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
LOL@ everyone acting as if it's so easy to just shoot someone.

How many human beings have any of you shot before? It can't be so easy as many of you think it is. C'mon...be for real!
It's probably easy for some of these people posting since obviously they don't have much of a heart, unless it's their own family ... and even then maybe!

Old 02-21-2013, 03:55 PM

7,168 posts, read 5,366,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
Honestly, I am not going to give my position away by loudly wracking/cocking etc...

I want silence and concealment on my side right before I put holes in the bad guy...

My only regret for the old man in the linked story and for all others who have to protect themselves is the blood left that stains the floors.

The family of the theif needs to do a solid and come clean up the mess.
And the family should have pitched in and bought the old boy a new set of curtains, the audacity to show up at his house and whine.

Old 02-21-2013, 03:56 PM

18 posts, read 11,621 times
To DesertDetroiter,
My issue is this. Don't come into my home to take the things I sacrificed and worked for. Don't destroy the sense of security my wife and children have when they go to sleep at night. Don't decide that the safety of my family is a choice that criminals get to make.

The moment a criminal decides to come into my house, he decided on a death sentence and yes I have shot a man before.

But most of all, if the family comes to my house and complains and threatens me. Rounds are coming down range, I don't give a damn about your sorrow.

I had to leave the city I love because m.f.'s had the same atitude as this criminal and their families came up with the same lame platitudes about how little Sammy Homicide and Burglar should have been given the benefit of a doubt.

Old 02-21-2013, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by belmont22 View Post
It's probably easy for some of these people posting since obviously they don't have much of a heart, unless it's their own family ... and even then maybe!
They might actually BELIEVE that its so simple to pull that trigger, but capping targets at a range can't be anything close to the experience of capping an actual person.

Not to mention that even if you're justified, shooting someone has possible unforeseen consequences that you may have to live with for a long time.

Old 02-21-2013, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingblade View Post
And the family should have pitched in and bought the old boy a new set of curtains, the audacity to show up at his house and whine.
"Whine"? Who the f*ck do you think you are? If you had a son or daughter and they robbed a house and got killed, you wouldn't feel any sorrow?

It's just human nature to grieve, you can't expect their family to not miss or disown the memory of their son just because he died committing a crime. I'm not saying they shouldn't forgive the man who killed their son, but you can't expect them to act rationally in their grief or to not care that their child is dead.

Old 02-21-2013, 03:59 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,465,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingblade View Post
The family was contacted by police and raced to the scene where the body was still in the window. I'll excuse any on the scene comments by distraught relatives.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies