Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2013, 01:22 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
the difference is, we actually try to make cars safer, there are drunk driving laws, you have to have spent 500 hours behind the wheel of a car(while having a permit) to even get a licence, and then that licence has to be renewed every year.
In Alabama a license is good for 4 years and a renewal is simply writing a check, smiling for the picture and signing your name.

Why do people state things that are false and so easy to check?

Alabama Drivers License Renewal Guide at DMV.org: The DMV Made Simple
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2013, 01:23 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,647,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
There is no gun show loophole. The sooner you figure that out, the sooner you will be believable.
You are wrong. There is clear evidence that there is.

Old 02-22-2013, 01:24 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 21 days ago)

29,550 posts, read 16,536,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
I don't own a gun. But I do have constitutionally guaranteed freedoms. And I'd like to keep them, thank you very much.
The Constitution says you have the right to bar arms, it does not define what those arms are.

Old 02-22-2013, 01:25 PM

59,029 posts, read 27,290,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
As a Democrat, I think we should work on universal background checks, improving the mental health system, and closing the gun show loophole. I don't think we need an assault weapons ban.
I read one proposal I support, INSTEAD of background checks, have national registry of convicted felons and people declared "insane" like we do with pedophiles.

The background check is nothing more then "guilty until proven innocent", when our judicial system cites just the opposite.

I have come to accept that private sales at gun shows should be eliminated entirely.

The dealers pay for the use of the facility and should NOT have to compete with private sellers.

I don' think anyone would take a car they have for sale and park it on the lot of car dealer with a for sale sign on it.

Old 02-22-2013, 01:27 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 21 days ago)

29,550 posts, read 16,536,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
In Alabama a license is good for 4 years and a renewal is simply writing a check, smiling for the picture and signing your name.

Why do people state things that are false and so easy to check?

Alabama Drivers License Renewal Guide at DMV.org: The DMV Made Simple

I simply misspoke, Why would you even think i would lie on purpose seeing as i dont know a single state where you have to renew a license every year ? seriously, you read to far into this crap.

And a renewal is not as simply as you just claimed, they do check your driving record and look at your points.

i also find it funny you mentioned nothing else in my comment, skip what you cant argue against and go for a simple mistake.

Old 02-22-2013, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
Sure there is. Those who shouldn't get firearms can easier at a gun show because there's no background check. Fixing that issue would keep AR's out of the hands of felons and allow law abiding citizens to have them if they wish.
I was with you at first, however you have lost me with, " would keep AR's out of the hands of felons".

I have NEVER seen an AR's for sale at a gun show.

Even IF an AR was there it would be against federal law already to sell one to a felon.

Old 02-22-2013, 01:31 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
I have come to accept that private sales at gun shows should be eliminated entirely.
You can do that but it's not going to make one bit of difference. At a gun show, in a parking lot, to a friend at work, through word of mouth......what difference does it make where someone decides to sell their gun?

Quote:
The dealers pay for the use of the facility and should NOT have to compete with private sellers.
Private sellers often times buy a table and pay the same rate as a dealer to sell their guns.

Old 02-22-2013, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
carville is a realist, partisan or not. and he also comes from arkansas where the so called 'gun culture' is deeply rooted.
"he also comes from arkansas". He is called "The Crazy Cajan" because he is from Louisiana.

Old 02-22-2013, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
How many massacres away are we from attacking guns NOT being politically stupid? How hard is it to understand that people are getting tired of seeing bodies carried out of schools,malls,theaters,etc.?
This the emotional rant that says people don't really care about the deaths. If they did they would be just as riled about bats and hammers and knives, which have killed more then rifles.

Old 02-22-2013, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
Oh boy! Comparing cars and junk food to terrorism.I`ll step back from this one.
IMO, YOUR post is worse.

You SHOULD stay away!

Comparing gun violence, "seeing bodies carried out of schools,malls,theaters,etc.?" to terrorism is MUCH worse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies