Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-22-2013, 01:53 PM

98 posts, read 54,751 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Due to only that? If so, why isn't everybody in the U.S. making that kind of wealth?
Because not everyone has the brains or the luck to do it.

Quote:
The USA of course because in the USA the poor get more than $8 back in government services and benefits for every $1 they pay in taxes. Would that happen in Sudan?
Exactly. Now would you rather be an entrepreneur in USA or Sudan? Would you rather be middle class in USA or Sudan? Would you rather be part of the wealthy in USA or Sudan? Explain your reasoning.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2013, 01:54 PM

89,018 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
How about zero deductions, (or as you lefties say "loop holes") 5% up to $20,000, 10% up to $75,000 and 15% on everyone else?
No. The only minimally acceptable "fair" tax system is a flat tax rate on everything from the very first dollar.

A TOTALLY fair tax would be a capitation tax (head tax) in which everyone splits the cost of government equally. Who's up for that?

Old 02-22-2013, 01:56 PM

3,740 posts, read 3,071,184 times
Quote:
And ask anyone who has a 401K/IRA.

Increasingly, I'm getting the impression that thinking for oneself is simply not possible for a substantial percentage of the population.
They are called, amusingly, *******s.

Old 02-22-2013, 01:57 PM

3,740 posts, read 3,071,184 times
Quote:
No. The only minimally acceptable "fair" tax system is a flat tax rate on everything from the very first dollar.

A TOTALLY fair tax would be a capitation tax (head tax) in which everyone splits the cost of government equally. Who's up for that?

Old 02-22-2013, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmoneyboomboom View Post
Because not everyone has the brains or the luck to do it.
So it's NOT just due to government benefits and services. EXACTLY MY POINT.

Quote:
Exactly.
So you admit that the poor get a MUCH better tax vs. benefits and services deal than anyone else in the U.S.

Old 02-22-2013, 01:59 PM

19,025 posts, read 14,205,095 times
Before accepting any tax, one might inquire as to which privilege is the object of the "income tax".
Rights secured by government cannot be taxed by government - that would defeat the purpose.
In other words, only government privileges are subject to taxation.
So one should ask their servants to explain exactly which revenue taxable privileges are subject to tax measured by the income derived from said privileges.

Old 02-22-2013, 01:59 PM

Quote:

I don't think the lower class would like because of the benefits they receive and I don't the upperclass or "job creators" to use the en vogue term would like it because of the benefits and corporate welfare they receive. All the while the middle class gets screwed more.

Old 02-22-2013, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmoneyboomboom View Post
I don't think the lower class would like because of the benefits they receive and I don't the upperclass or "job creators" to use the en vogue term would like it because of the benefits and corporate welfare they receive. All the while the middle class gets screwed more.
How would the middle class feel if the prices of goods and services skyrocketed after the corporate subsidies that artificially keep those prices lower than market value are removed?

Is the middle class on board with accepting a lower standard of living in exchange for eliminating corporate subsidies? Serious question...

Old 02-22-2013, 02:01 PM

Quote:
So it's NOT just due to government benefits and services. EXACTLY MY POINT.
Of course it isn't due entirely to govt benefit and services. See below....

Quote:
So you admit that the poor get a MUCH better tax vs. benefits and services deal than anyone else in the U.S.
So you going to answer the rest of the questions I posed or just pretend I never asked them? Or are you scared to learn that govt services and benefits are the main reason why the US has become so rich and powerful?

Old 02-22-2013, 02:02 PM

20,721 posts, read 19,363,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
Before accepting any tax, one might inquire as to which privilege is the object of the "income tax".
Rights secured by government cannot be taxed by government - that would defeat the purpose.
In other words, only government privileges are subject to taxation.

So one should ask their servants to explain exactly which revenue taxable privileges are subject to tax measured by the income derived from said privileges.

I must pay my dues for the privilege of reading this kind of eloquence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies