Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2013, 10:00 AM

4,112 posts, read 4,474,745 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoooka View Post
See my point made. I don't run my posts through WS Word to make sure its cricket. Its a post not a thesis.
But you did graduate from high school right?

Old 02-22-2013, 10:01 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times
Quote:
I am proposing a new law. Remember Godwins law where if a thread goes on long enough it will always come down to Nazis being used? Well I am starting a new law. Hoooka's law where if a thread goes on long enough some idiot will use Grammar as an attack. LMAO Its mine I started it. Like calling a new comet.
Judging from the name, I figured it would have something to do with medical marijuana.

Old 02-22-2013, 10:02 AM

651 posts, read 705,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by btsilver View Post
But you did graduate from high school right?
Did you?

Old 02-22-2013, 10:06 AM

Quote:
How many of the welfare queens that the left supports do you think speak perfect grammar? Most of them want to ax you a question. "Hey baby, jump in ma low rider and rotate dees tires." "WHADDUP!?!?!?""MAN, DAMN WHAT DA TIME IS?" I bet dollars to peanuts you don't talk down to the brothers who use Ebonics, you would get your skinny little no gun owning ass kicked. LMAO that would be very fun to watch.
And yet, they still have better grammar than you. Funny.

Old 02-22-2013, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by logline View Post
If you really don't know the difference between your and you're, there's a limit to your success in life.
Really? Nothing to do with poor ole hoookas actions?
I can see it now when hoooka goes in for a raise.
"Well you've done everything we've asked but you don't know the difference between your and you're so NO RAISE FOR YOU!"

C'mon hoooka we need more of hoookas Laws. How else are we going to fight back!

Old 02-22-2013, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Did you?
Lol. I'm not the one that created another thread to complain about other people's mockery of my writing capabilities.

Old 02-22-2013, 10:10 AM

9,855 posts, read 15,205,540 times
Anyone who uses incorrect spelling and/or grammar as an excuse to discredit the substance of a post is someone who I find hard to take seriously. A person's grammar or spelling holds no relationships towards the point of a post. I find that more often than not, the grammar nazi's of this forum can't reply to the actual content and substance of the thread and thus hide behind a simple typo or grammatical mistake.

Old 02-22-2013, 10:11 AM

651 posts, read 705,283 times
I guess the OP got upset when, in an earlier, incomprehensible thread he began, I noted that I would have to translate his language into French, then into German, then back into English, in order to try to get my mind around it.

I'm afraid that the German translation, which is where I am at present, has not helped. I did detect that the thread had something to do with German Dumplings, although that may be my upcoming lunch speaking to my mind.

Improper grammar

Old 02-22-2013, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Really? Nothing to do with poor ole hoookas actions?
I can see it now when hoooka goes in for a raise.
"Well you've done everything we've asked but you don't know the difference between your and you're so NO RAISE FOR YOU!"

C'mon hoooka we need more of hoookas Laws. How else are we going to fight back!
Well, if your job consisted of a reasonable mastery of the the English language and grammar, then I would say yes. Make a grammar mistake on your resume and see what happens.

Old 02-22-2013, 10:12 AM

Quote:
"As a dyslexic myself, i see some on the other side say they would not listen to someone who can not spell. I will list a few people they would be missing out on. George Washington's brother even said George should be a back country surveyor because he could not spell. Beethoven, Poe, HG Wells, Churchill, Schawb, Rockefeller, John Milton, Julius Caesar, Walt Disney, Edison, Goya, Bell, Patton, Werner Von Braun, Geroge Washington, Woodrow Wilson, Hans Christian Anderson, Goya,daVinci, William Hewlett, Louis Pasteur, Aron Spelling, Woolworth, Wright Brothers, Einstien, Edison, Ben Franklin, Tesla, Galilio, Ford, Faraday, Einstien, Hawking."

I used quotes for the asswipes but I refuse to cite anything.
yea can't be offering up proof and stuff.

You must really like this Einstien guy and Edison.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies