Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2013, 01:30 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,051,128 times

Advertisements

Lefties legislate by "feelings" and "good intentions". It helps them sleep better at night.

In reality, the leftie progressives have brought much more pain and suffering to those that they wanted to "help" than they are willing to admit....even to themselves.

How can you look at the inner city slums of America and NOT realize the damage you've done?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2013, 01:38 PM

651 posts, read 705,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Lefties legislate by "feelings" and "good intentions". It helps them sleep better at night.

In reality, the leftie progressives have brought much more pain and suffering to those that they wanted to "help" than they are willing to admit....even to themselves.

How can you look at the inner city slums of America and NOT realize the damage you've done?
I am not for either extreme. The left as does the right goes for over reach every time they get power. The right called for more job creation and cutting government then went out to kill abortion the second they were in. The left says they want to get the economy rolling again and then the second they see a chance goes for radial gun bans. I do get sick of it.

Old 02-22-2013, 04:13 PM

46,281 posts, read 27,099,738 times
So, 4 hours and none of the leftists, when presented with common sense gun conversation, from people who like guns, cannot or won't comment......

Why is that, I figured there would be some "type" of common sense from the left....

Hummmmmmphhhhhhhhhhhh

Guess not....

Old 02-22-2013, 04:21 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,048,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post

So, for those of you out there who would like to talk common sense, answer these questions:

What does a thumbhole stock do for the lethality of a gun?

What does a pistol grip do for the lethality of a gun?

What does a forward grip do for the lethality of a gun?
All the above were designed for the specific purpose of controlling recoil which allows for faster target acquisition increasing effective rate of fire.

Quote:
What does barrel shroud do for the lethality of a gun?
I have no idea, unless you are referring to muzzle brakes and flash suppressors.

Quote:
What does a folding stock do for the lethality of a gun?
Increased concealability. Doesn't increase the actual lethality of the weapon but it sure makes it easier to sneak up on folks.

Anything else I can help out with?

Yours truly,

Gun owning liberal for sensible gun laws.

Old 02-22-2013, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
All the above were designed for the specific purpose of controlling recoil which allows for faster target acquisition increasing effective rate of fire.
So, I guess a shooter need's to control the recoil when they have a bunch of kids, in a pile, 1 foot from their heads....for greater "target acquisition." Really?

How long was the guy in the Newtown school?

Quote:
I have no idea, unless you are referring to muzzle brakes and flash suppressors.
Glad to see you admit you have no clue what a "Barrel shroud" is....look up and get back with us, because is not a muzzle break or a flash suppressor.

Quote:
Increased concealability. Doesn't increase the actual lethality of the weapon but it sure makes it easier to sneak up on folks.
Why does a mass shooter need to conceal anything??

Quote:

Yours truly,

Yea, you can come back with something that really means something? You have provided nothing.

Old 02-22-2013, 06:31 PM

37,971 posts, read 22,151,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
So you beat these dead horses over a small fringe who think the right to bare arms means we should have trident subs and nuclear tipped missiles?

The point is that partisans accept politicians use of those things in the gun control argument. then the partisan suck ups go on rants, claiming if I am not in favor of banning plastic pistol grips, then I am opposed to 'common sense gun control' and want children to die.

The point is, whenever we discuss anything with the left, they go off the rails with their ridiculous, all or nothing, straw arguments of world ending prophetic predictions of doom.
Yep, and this discussion is getting really silly. Why do libs always have to start from a position of the opposition as if they purpose complete lunacy, in order for their liberal positions to seem more reasonable to them? Hmm, because their positions are weak and indefensible, so they attempt make their opponent out to be a right wing nut job who wants babies, women and the elderly to die.

Old 02-22-2013, 06:38 PM

57,286 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Quote:
A few left learners here today have talked about common sense gun conversations....

yet....

The left uses things like WMD, fully functional fighter jets, and artillery as their method of common sense.

Sorry, that is not common sense.

So, for those of you out there who would like to talk common sense, answer these questions:

What does a thumbhole stock do for the lethality of a gun?

What does a pistol grip do for the lethality of a gun?

What does a folding stock do for the lethality of a gun?

What does barrel shroud do for the lethality of a gun?

What does a forward grip do for the lethality of a gun?

These are all restrictions in the feinstien bill.....Please inform us....with common sense...
Other than the folding stock, why not ask the military why they incorporated those features were they wrong?

Old 02-22-2013, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Other than the folding stock, why not ask the military why they incorporated those features were they wrong?
Are you sure the military stared most of those?

Or was there a little company call "ArmaLite"?

You know ArmaLite made the "Automatic Rifle" (AR) and then the military adopted the "Automatic rifle."

Noooooooooooo, of course not.

Quote:
ArmaLite sold its rights to the AR-15 to Colt in 1959. The AR-15 was first adopted in 1962
http://www.armalite.com/images/Libra...20COPY%202.pdf

Before you embarrass yourself any more, please read the link above....

Old 02-22-2013, 07:42 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,565,372 times
Quote:

Yours truly,

Yes. It is bad to have more control over your gun? I thought you guys are for gun control.

Old 02-23-2013, 07:51 AM

57,286 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Quote:
Are you sure the military stared most of those?

Or was there a little company call "ArmaLite"?

You know ArmaLite made the "Automatic Rifle" (AR) and then the military adopted the "Automatic rifle."

Noooooooooooo, of course not.

http://www.armalite.com/images/Libra...20COPY%202.pdf

Before you embarrass yourself any more, please read the link above....

Old news, I know the AR-15 was the predecessor to the M16, the point is that the US military and others felt all those features were important enough to be used in battlefields, yet you are arguing that they are of marginal importance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies