Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2013, 08:19 PM

3,448 posts, read 3,132,371 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
You can't explain why it's baloney, because it is totally true.
superiority is relative
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2013, 12:31 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,173,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
i find my wife's refusal to allow me to date other women sexist.
loooooooooolll!

Old 02-24-2013, 12:32 AM

13,285 posts, read 15,302,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazzer View Post
superiority is relative
Sure.

Let's look at the definition again.

Quote:
a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race
The second word in the definition is one of the key words.

Old 02-25-2013, 02:22 PM

31,033 posts, read 22,070,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
no. i prefer mixed women. white women and black women do nothing for me.

i like white woman that date black guys though. mainly because it pisses off the insecure white males who whine, thinking they could actually land someone like doutzen kroes who is with a black man.

someone like this would be my dream girl
"white women and black women do nothing for me."

Kind of cutting down on your chances of finding someone aren't you? Oh well, better for those of us that do prefer those two groups.

"white males who whine"
Oh no, White women are dating Black men. Say it ain't so I don't think theres many people who really care these days.

Old 02-25-2013, 02:25 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,049,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
I say no. I think it's perfectly reasonable to have dating racial preferences. It doesn't mean you're a racist. What do you think?
My wife and I attended the same grade school (although I'm 4 years older). Lived in the same neighborhood. Practiced the same religion. Similar family situations. Still had some issues.

Marriage is hard enough without including other issues.

Old 02-25-2013, 02:32 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,173,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
My wife and I attended the same grade school (although I'm 4 years older). Lived in the same neighborhood. Practiced the same religion. Similar family situations. Still had some issues.

Marriage is hard enough without including other issues.
I agree but some things that are issues for some aren't necessarily issues for others. For example, if you already come from a mixed family, dating outside of so-called race may not be an issue at all. For someone else, it might be huge.

In my experience, religious differences can be challenging for my husband and me. My parents who are of different so-called races (predominantly speaking) didn't have racial issues with that at all and also share the same religious beliefs.

It just depends...

Old 02-25-2013, 03:29 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,506,034 times
Racism is one of several possible reasons for refusing to date outside one's race.

Old 02-25-2013, 04:10 PM

994 posts, read 1,592,448 times
Quote:
I say no. I think it's perfectly reasonable to have dating racial preferences. It doesn't mean you're a racist. What do you think?
I would say that dating is a very personal aspect of someone's life. I think a majority of posters on CD would take great offence of having someone else needle them for dating someone based on their skin color. Most people tend to be racists to begin with; it's rare to find someone who truely doesn't have bias views of racial groups, positive or negative. My own opinion is that racism is a right of all peoples but forcing it on others isn's a smart idea!

Old 02-25-2013, 04:49 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,667,610 times
Yes, it is racist, and I see nothing wrong with that. There are differences between ethnic groups and races. You're just acknowledging it in your dating preferences. If you weren't racist, you would be open to dating anyone from any ethnic background.

Old 02-25-2013, 09:34 PM

468 posts, read 553,469 times
Quote:
Nope, doesn't make you racist at all. It's quite natural and I think even a few card-carrying Libs privately have them but they manage to subtly disguise this by loudly advocating and celebrating IR dating for others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by findly185 View Post
Dont think its racist, just find it ignorant:

Adjective
Lacking knowledge or awareness in general; uneducated or unsophisticated.
Lacking knowledge, information, or awareness about something in particular: "ignorant of astronomy".

Oh, and I find it extremely limiting. But hey, some people are deathly afraid of change, stepping outside their comfort zone. I find that unattractive.
This is a mighty stupid comment. What's so difficult to understand that you cannot FORCE a person to be attracted to or have that sort of intimate relationship with someone else? If they're not, for whatever reason, then it has to be respected.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies