Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2013, 07:08 PM

210 posts, read 392,494 times

Advertisements

Thumbs up for common sense!
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
I think it's racist. And this type of racism is typically found in the South. The reason they are not attracted to a person of a different race almost has nothing to do with the person's appearance and mostly with how they will be perceived in public or how well they will be accepted or fit in, all of which are racist reasons. I knew plenty of Caucasian people in the South that found people of a different race attractive but wouldn't date them for societal reasons. Interracial dating is not well accepted in the South. There are attractive people of all races and I think a non-racist person can recognize that whereas a racist person refuses to acknowledge that and will generalize that they can't find someone attractive of a specific race.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2013, 08:28 PM
miu

17,758 posts, read 40,016,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calnbs View Post
For me, skin color has nothing to do with a person I chose to marry. It has to do with culture. I need the same or very similar culture. I have rejected dating someone who's culture is too far from mine. It had nothing to do with racism.
^^ Agree completely!! Having grown up happily in educated middle class suburbia, I have no interest in dating and having relationships with men who I have no common culture, values or morals with.

Old 02-27-2013, 08:40 PM

2,256 posts, read 2,121,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
I think it's racist. And this type of racism is typically found in the South. The reason they are not attracted to a person of a different race almost has nothing to do with the person's appearance and mostly with how they will be perceived in public or how well they will be accepted or fit in, all of which are racist reasons. I knew plenty of Caucasian people in the South that found people of a different race attractive but wouldn't date them for societal reasons. Interracial dating is not well accepted in the South. There are attractive people of all races and I think a non-racist person can recognize that whereas a racist person refuses to acknowledge that and will generalize that they can't find someone attractive of a specific race.
All my girlfriends in East Texas were white. So was my wife...

Of the only two white women I've ever heard say they don't date outside their race, one was in Indiana and one is in Virginia.

I'm friends with both and one asked me to be a god parent to their kids.

They aren't racist in the least...

Old 02-27-2013, 08:42 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,792,432 times
I am a white guy who prefers filipinas and latinas. Does that make me a racist?

Old 02-27-2013, 09:23 PM

2,256 posts, read 2,121,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
I am a white guy who prefers filipinas and latinas. Does that make me a racist?
Yes. Against white people. You clearly self-hate!!!!!

Old 02-28-2013, 07:46 AM

4,179 posts, read 3,707,399 times
WHy does everything have to be about race? There are definitily certain races I dont find attractive at all and therefore would not date them, does that make me racist? Its not only about finding people attractive or not, its about cultural differences. I have friends that love dating those outside of their race and it works for them. I am very traditional on the other hand and like women that have the same likes/dislikes etc.. as myself. Culture plays a big part in all of this and even though there are many women of a different races I find attractive I would never date them.

Old 02-28-2013, 07:51 AM

23,315 posts, read 16,994,613 times
Who the heck cares!!!!

Old 02-28-2013, 07:52 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,523,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangman66 View Post
WHy does everything have to be about race? There are definitily certain races I dont find attractive at all and therefore would not date them, does that make me racist? Its not only about finding people attractive or not, its about cultural differences. I have friends that love dating those outside of their race and it works for them. I am very traditional on the other hand and like women that have the same likes/dislikes etc.. as myself. Culture plays a big part in all of this and even though there are many women of a different races I find attractive I would never date them.
I think you've answered the question...........

Old 02-28-2013, 09:15 AM

13,053 posts, read 12,903,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
I say no. I think it's perfectly reasonable to have dating racial preferences. It doesn't mean you're a racist. What do you think?

I think the reason a person has for the individual choices they make is none of my damn business.

Old 02-28-2013, 10:20 AM

677 posts, read 929,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amylewis View Post
Oh is it?????

I don't date outside my race because one particular race has endlessly treated me as an OBJECT to be used as they please, and as a trophy white b*tich to brag about to their buddies while abusing us in front of them. I don't date outside my race because I've seen so many women of my own race treated like trash by men of other races, as though we were a trophy to be shown off to men of their race and viciously abused for the sake of a masculine EGO TRIP!

Once again, I have more self-respect than that.

She's making this s**t up as she goes along.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies