Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2013, 09:45 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,248,665 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
First, I bet Laura Bush has an inner freak dying to get out.

Quote:
Second, I have no doubt that the two people who will be most upset over this will be Sasha and Malia.
Oh, I don't know. Maybe on the surface, but I'll bet deep down they're proud of their mom. If they're not now, some day they will be look back and realize how much so many of us have appreciated having a First Lady who is not afraid to show a fun and open side to her.

Quote:
Third, Barak is ok on the dance floor, but Michelle rocks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2013, 09:47 AM

4,070 posts, read 5,603,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
She sure would not have been very cool if there were any substance. Imagine if she were asked about the consequences of $20 trillion national debt or why black women are facing rising unemployment rates under this administration.

She's up on stage dancing her little heart away while this nation tanks. She's oh-so impressed by her bangs, but not one question on the problems of this country. Maybe Honey Boo-Boo can be the first woman president someday, her show is is popular as the Obama show.
It's late night with Jimmy Fallon not Face the Nation. I found it very entertaining. She's a great First Lady.

Old 02-23-2013, 09:48 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,939,042 times
Quote:
Least dignified first lady ever.
I will not make fun of another persons struggles...but as I recall, we have had 1st Ladies with drug and alcohol problems. In my opinion, it is far less dignified for whitehouse staff and family members to allow someone walk around the whitehouse in a stupor.

Old 02-23-2013, 09:51 AM

3,448 posts, read 3,130,994 times
outdoor recreation is a good way to go.

Last edited by stargazzer; 02-23-2013 at 10:06 AM..

Old 02-23-2013, 09:52 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,236,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Those were fun times.

Live bands and dance floors in just about every bar.......there are NONE now. How sad is that?
I M O Michelle dances better than her hubby, lol.

No live bands? annie, you need to relocate!
Concert/Events

Quote:
She sure would not have been very cool if there were any substance. Imagine if she were asked about the consequences of $20 trillion national debt or why black women are facing rising unemployment rates under this administration.

She's up on stage dancing her little heart away while this nation tanks. She's oh-so impressed by her bangs, but not one question on the problems of this country. Maybe Honey Boo-Boo can be the first woman president someday, her show is is popular as the Obama show.
So sad, I feel for you dude. We're in debt up to our eyeballs, and my wife grabbed the dogs front paws and made him dance with her! What's the world coming to!

Old 02-23-2013, 09:52 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,035,430 times
Quote:

Ummm....you do know Michelle is the First Lady, not the President, don't you?

And, this was a light hearted interview with Jimmy Fallon....not Meet The Press.

Old saying: "There is a time and place for everything."

Old 02-23-2013, 09:56 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,668,317 times
Quote:
Ummm....you do know Michelle is the First Lady, not the President, don't you?

And, this was a light hearted interview with Jimmy Fallon....not Meet The Press.

Old saying: "There is a time and place for everything."
Maybe this whole thread should be moved to the Entertainment section.

Maybe all discussions of this administration shoudl be there, not in the Politics section which is more about the fate of our country than someone' admiring her new bangs and dance moves.

Old 02-23-2013, 10:00 AM

37,959 posts, read 22,131,406 times
Quote:
You want to talk lifestyle when you put up guys like Romney, a guy with more that a half dozen homes instead of just one like the Obama's?

Talk about being out of touch with the American people.

And, just where is it written that our leaders have to be one-dimensional stick in the muds?

Just because you have an important job.....doesn't mean you have to be serious 100% of the time.....24/7....every minute of every day. Good grief. That's not even healthy.

We need multi dimensional, flexible, well rounded leaders who do not distance themselves from the people they serve....not the opposite.
I'm surprised you were able to respond to my benign post, the moderator deleted it. I have no clue why.

The First Family jet-sets around the country as if they were British Royalty Yes, I thought Michelle was cute and endearing on the Fallon show? But it's unseemly for the First Family to be jet-setting around the world, hobnobbing with billionaires and Hollywood stars, and living it up like royalty while the rest of the nation struggles in "the worst economy since the Great Depression."

Old 02-23-2013, 10:11 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,035,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
I'm surprised you were able to respond to my benign post, the moderator deleted it. I have no clue why.

The First Family jet-sets around the country as if they were British Royalty Yes, I thought Michelle was cute and endearing on the Fallon show? But it's unseemly for the First Family to be jet-setting around the world, hobnobbing with billionaires and Hollywood stars, and living it up like royalty while the rest of the nation struggles in "the worst economy since the Great Depression."
I don't know either, this IS Politics and Other Controversies and posts are being deleted left and right.....for no reason that I can see either.....while others along the same lines are untouched.

And...... other Presidents jet setted around the country and around the world while the economy was in recession or we were at war.....it is part of the job. Some of those trips are strictly job related, some are vacations. You can't expect the President and his family to forgo vacations unless everything in the country is perfect.

Old 02-23-2013, 10:13 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,179,039 times
Just another campaign appearance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies