Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2013, 12:29 AM

12,770 posts, read 11,560,769 times

Advertisements

This video is from Canada. It depicts a man spread eagle surrendering, and they beat the crap out of him.
Next up is in LA where they shoot a man in the back that is running away, then claim self-defense.
» Police Come Upon Surrendered Suspect, Proceed To Beat Him Viciously Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!

4 Police Officers Loses It & Brutally Beats Down Suspect Instead of Making Arrest_ Police Brutality - YouTube

4409 -- LAPD chase man EXECUTE him Claim Self Defense - YouTube#!

This one is a woman that gets beaten for being on her cell phone while driving in L.A., unbelievable.
4409 -- LAPD slams woman on concrete then FIST BUMP - YouTube

what is going on? I can understand one rogue cop, but not a gang of them all covering for eachother. Then the department and the city cover for them.
We need a zero tolerance policy for them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2013, 01:26 AM

12,858 posts, read 16,864,280 times
Here we go again, another "I hate cops thread". It gets old. Yes a FEW make mistakes out of the hundreds of thousands, and they are punished or prosecuted.

Old 02-23-2013, 01:32 AM

1,724 posts, read 1,470,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim9251 View Post
Here we go again, another "I hate cops thread". It gets old. Yes a FEW make mistakes out of the hundreds of thousands, and they are punished or prosecuted.
It also gets old when cops shoot innocent people.

Old 02-23-2013, 02:26 AM

79,914 posts, read 44,174,531 times
Quote:
Incidents like these can't be filed under "mistakes". The officers know what they are doing. But the bigger picture is true. I have no idea what the actual numbers are so my statement is just a representative of my larger point. There are likely 15,000 valid correctly done arrests for every one not done right.

Those few though should indeed be spotlighted because of the power granted to these individuals and seriously dealt with.

Old 02-23-2013, 03:44 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,192,949 times
Quote:
all too often we have seen cops murder people and then the board of review calls the shooting justified.

start firing cops and see how they do then.

Old 02-23-2013, 07:43 AM

799 posts, read 1,094,488 times
This is a nationwide problem, there was a man in Texas who was shot because he tried to get out of his truck and they (police) shot him. There was an incident here in Atlanta a couple of years back where they killed an old woman in cold blood and riddled her with bullets. Also in NYC they have these stop and frisk policies, targeting only 'minority' youth. The whole system is corrupt from drug pushers, unjustifiable murderers, and corrupt men and women who harass people everyday.

You see the problems the people in Cali face (unjustifiable murder) but that's a nationwide thing and it usually gets swept under rug, unless someone has a cell phone video.

Old 02-23-2013, 08:14 AM

2,072 posts, read 1,755,615 times
The Largest Street Gang in America Video by BoilingFrogs - Myspace Video

An absolute MUST WATCH for all Americans.

Old 02-23-2013, 08:49 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,121,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoodsofATL View Post
This is a nationwide problem, there was a man in Texas who was shot because he tried to get out of his truck and they (police) shot him. There was an incident here in Atlanta a couple of years back where they killed an old woman in cold blood and riddled her with bullets. Also in NYC they have these stop and frisk policies, targeting only 'minority' youth. The whole system is corrupt from drug pushers, unjustifiable murderers, and corrupt men and women who harass people everyday.

You see the problems the people in Cali face (unjustifiable murder) but that's a nationwide thing and it usually gets swept under rug, unless someone has a cell phone video.
So true.

And to Jim, the officer of the thread, I understand where your coming from but you all have to do more "policing" within the department. If there wasn't all of this "blue line" BS and acceptance of criminal activity then maybe we'd have less instances of cops thinking they can do whatever they want.

Old 02-23-2013, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelYell14 View Post
If I hadn't seen it with my own eyes, I wouldn't believe it. At the end of this video it says "How far are we willing to let this go?" I say it's gone too far already, but what can we do? What can we do?

Old 02-23-2013, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
So true.

And to Jim, the officer of the thread, I understand where your coming from but you all have to do more "policing" within the department. If there wasn't all of this "blue line" BS and acceptance of criminal activity then maybe we'd have less instances of cops thinking they can do whatever they want.
You're asking them to police themselves, that obviously isn't working. Nor is the city or judicial dept. We need an external agency to police the police and a special court that just hears cases concerning police actions. I also don't think they should be wearing helmets, disguising who they are, while we are forced to identify ourselves. Thank God for video cameras!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies