Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2013, 11:16 AM

10,016 posts, read 12,572,543 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
We had plenty of warnings. There were red flags, sent up by Obama himself. Most chose to ignore them. They were written off as simply political rhetoric.
Of course, that came later. We had heard other things before that. Such as this:
This sent shivers up my spine. But few people were doing the vetting of this man, of which we knew little. Certainly the MSM never bothered. Chris Matthews didn't get a shiver up his spine, but he got a tingle up his leg (or was it a thrill — I've forgotten).
Here is writer that lays out the case against Obama plainly:
Articles: Obama's Dystopia

This article makes plain the path we are on, and what the Obama agenda is. Most of the Left will not acknowledge the truth, or they are simply blindly following a man whom they think "speaks well" and has all the answers, but they have no idea who he is and where he is leading us.
What a bunch of complete claptrap. It was Bush and his Patriot act that has most fundamentally altered the USA. Now, I must admit that I'm very disappointed that Obamas admin. has not seen fit to lead the charge to get rid of such freedom killing measures. I expected that though. Governments of any stripe are loath to give up powers once they have been given them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2013, 11:24 AM

19,609 posts, read 12,206,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
It's weird how a small group of people see Obama as a tyrant out to destroy the USA and then everyone else sees a guy with a young family who entered office with many challenges and is doing his best to try and fix those problems.
Awww, shucks, he's just an all American soccer dad doin the best he can.

Old 02-23-2013, 11:28 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,032,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Obama is, by international standards, a center right politician.
Hell by 20th century American political standards he's damned close to being a Republican.

Old 02-23-2013, 11:30 AM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,451,396 times
And if you read between the lines, most of this kinda RW conspiracy stuff about "Dictator Obama" usually ends up being just another disguised list of projected insecurities about electing anyone who ain't white (and we all know where that leads...)!

In fact am often curious to look up the profile on these kinda rambling RWNJ ranters, and time and again, they always ''coincidentally'' have a ton of threads that seem obsessed with things like the Civil War or the topic of "race" (and usually of the "non-caucasian" variety)!

Old 02-23-2013, 11:36 AM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,379,327 times
I would like the OP for this post. Even though he is already on my ignore list I managed to find a couple more to add to my list.

Thanks again for the heads up.

Old 02-23-2013, 11:48 AM

7,359 posts, read 5,460,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
It's weird how a small group of people see Obama as a tyrant out to destroy the USA and then everyone else sees a guy with a young family who entered office with many challenges and is doing his best to try and fix those problems.
It's weird how a small group of people saw Bush as a rich kid cowboy out to wreck the economy for his corporate masters and commit war crimes and then everyone else sees a guy with an accomplished family who entered office with many challenges and did his best to try and fix those problems even though he made some big mistakes at lost popularity at the end.

It's weird how a small group of people saw Clinton as a tyrant with no principles except having power and getting laid and then everyone else sees a guy with a nice family who entered office with many challenges and did his best to try and fix those problems.

It's weird how a small group of people saw Reagan as a warmonger and incompetent out to help the rich get richer and get in bed with petty dictators and then everyone else saw a guy with a beautiful family who entered office with many challenges and did his best, winning the Cold War and greatly improving the economy.

I'm seeing a pattern here.

Kinda makes me think it isn't weird at all, but pretty normal for a President's political foes to see the worst in him while the public at large who voted him into office either generally approves of him despite his flaws or is apathetic about him. Every President's popularity starts high and drops the longer his administration lasts.

Old 02-23-2013, 12:01 PM

37,959 posts, read 22,134,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
We had plenty of warnings. There were red flags, sent up by Obama himself. Most chose to ignore them. They were written off as simply political rhetoric.Of course, that came later. We had heard other things before that. Such as this:This sent shivers up my spine. But few people were doing the vetting of this man, of which we knew little. Certainly the MSM never bothered. Chris Matthews didn't get a shiver up his spine, but he got a tingle up his leg (or was it a thrill — I've forgotten).
Here is writer that lays out the case against Obama plainly:
Articles: Obama's Dystopia
This article makes plain the path we are on, and what the Obama agenda is. Most of the Left will not acknowledge the truth, or they are simply blindly following a man whom they think "speaks well" and has all the answers, but they have no idea who he is and where he is leading us.
He also gets a pass from people who do not understand what a "fundamental" change actually means. If something is fundamentally flawed, it means its essential structure, and it's function are flawed. If it needs to be is to be fundamentally changed, then he means it cannot be fixed, because the essence of what it is based upon is flawed, and it must be destroyed and remade.

0bama also said: “I think we can say that the Constitution reflected an enormous blind spot in this culture that carries on until this day, and that the Framers had that same blind spot. I don’t think the two views are contradictory, to say that it was a remarkable political document that paved the way for where we are now, and to say that it also reflected the fundamental flaw of this country that continues to this day"

The Constitution and founding documents prevented this country from becoming a top down centrally controlled form of tyranny, that is the nasty flaw 0bama speaks to.

Old 02-23-2013, 12:22 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,451,396 times
FYI, here's Obama's full statement, BTW discussing the subject of race, that's being selectively (and dishonestly) quoted....

The original Constitution, as well as -- as well as the Civil War amendments, but I think it is an imperfect document, and I think it is a document that reflects some deep flaws in American culture -- the colonial culture nascent at that time. African-Americans were not -- first of all, they weren't African-Americans. The Africans at the time were not considered as part of the polity that was of concern to the framers. I think that, as [program co-panelist] Richard [John] said, it was a nagging problem in the same way that, these days, we might think of environmental issues or some other problem that, where you have to balance, you know, cost-benefits, as opposed to seeing it as a moral problem involving persons of moral worth. And, in that sense, I think we can say that the Constitution reflected a enormous blind spot in this culture that carries on until this day, and that the framers had that same blind spot. I don't think the two views are contradictory to say that it was a remarkable political document that paved the way for where we are now, and to say that it also reflected the fundamental flaw of this country that continues to this day.

Barack Obama Constitution quote IN CONTEXT! - YouTube!

Old 02-23-2013, 12:35 PM

37,959 posts, read 22,134,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
FYI, here's Obama's full statement, BTW discussing the subject of race, that's being selectively (and dishonestly) quoted....

The original Constitution, as well as -- as well as the Civil War amendments, but I think it is an imperfect document, and I think it is a document that reflects some deep flaws in American culture -- the colonial culture nascent at that time. African-Americans were not -- first of all, they weren't African-Americans. The Africans at the time were not considered as part of the polity that was of concern to the framers. I think that, as [program co-panelist] Richard [John] said, it was a nagging problem in the same way that, these days, we might think of environmental issues or some other problem that, where you have to balance, you know, cost-benefits, as opposed to seeing it as a moral problem involving persons of moral worth. And, in that sense, I think we can say that the Constitution reflected a enormous blind spot in this culture that carries on until this day, and that the framers had that same blind spot. I don't think the two views are contradictory to say that it was a remarkable political document that paved the way for where we are now, and to say that it also reflected the fundamental flaw of this country that continues to this day.

Barack Obama Constitution quote IN CONTEXT! - YouTube!
...and the fundamental flaw that continues to this day would be?

Edit: I was not taking 0bama out of context, the full context of his ramblings does not change anything I posted.

Last edited by Wapasha; 02-23-2013 at 12:50 PM..

Old 02-23-2013, 02:20 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,295,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biz901 View Post
The state of nature has a law of nature to govern it, which obliges every one: and reason, which is that law, teaches all mankind, who will but consult it, that being all equal and independent, no one ought to harm another in his life, health, liberty, or possessions ~ John Locke 1690

Whenever the legislators endeavor to take away and destroy the property of the people, or to reduce them to slavery under arbitrary power, they put themselves into a state of war with the people, who are thereupon absolved from any further obedience ~ John Locke 1690

Bad men cannot make good citizens. A vitiated state of morals, a corrupted public conscience are incompatible with freedom ~ Patrick Henry

Those who give up essential liberties for temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety - Benjamin Franklin

Fear is the foundation of most governments; but it is so sordid and brutal a passion, and renders men in whose breasts it predominates so stupid and miserable, that Americans will not be likely to approve of any political institution which is founded on it ~ John Adams

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company...Guard against the impostures of pretended patriotism ~ George Washington

Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth ~ George Washington

No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms...The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants ~ Thomas Jefferson

Americans [have] the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust their people with arms ~ James Madison

Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined ~ Patrick Henry

If you love wealth more than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, depart from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains rest lightly upon you and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen ~ Samuel Adams
Thank you for this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies