Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2013, 02:50 AM

98 posts, read 54,690 times

Advertisements

^^^^^^Free history lesson above yall!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
That is odd, because I am a registered Republican and am an advocate of civil rights and would have been an active abolitionist had I been around when the Republican Party had been founded.

So are and would have been practically every Republican that I know.

You have apparently been brainwashed by your Democratic brethren, who are rightfully ashamed by their party's racist past, and feel like all they can do is wrongly project their guilt and shame onto their political opponents who truly are the party of Lincoln and whom are the ones that secured abolition of slavery and civil rights in the face of Democratic Party opposition.

How pathetic.
You may want to take back that pathetic statement considering.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2013, 02:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
Is this your assesment or a rulling from the Court?
He's an arm chair Supreme Court justice, let him have his fun.

Old 02-24-2013, 02:53 AM

29,094 posts, read 25,994,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmoneyboomboom View Post
Free history lesson!
You ought to learn how to construct your own arguments rather than cutting and pasting(and not citing) those of others.

Old 02-24-2013, 02:57 AM

Quote:
Free history lesson!
Sorry, but either my parents(in high school - through state taxes), or myself(in college - through state taxes and tuition payments) paid for my education.

I have a history degree, plus another degree that qualifies me to be an electronics technician.

If you got your "education" for free, no wonder that you are so mislead.

Old 02-24-2013, 02:59 AM

Quote:
^^^^^^Free history lesson above yall!

You may want to take back that pathetic statement considering.....
Considering what?

Your Democratic Party's racist past?

Old 02-24-2013, 03:02 AM

Quote:
Considering what?

Your Democratic Party's racist past?
Ahhh you want to play naive. So is it any coincidence that Southern Democrats became.... WAIT FOR IT....... REPUBLICANS in the south!

And it's not my party. Hopefully you'll shake me if you ever see me registered to a political party. However, I can see how you could be confused. But not understanding Southern Democrats = southern Republicans is on you.

Old 02-24-2013, 03:04 AM

Quote:
You ought to learn how to construct your own arguments rather than cutting and pasting
Sorry I didn't invent the term Southern Democrat?

Quote:
(and not citing) those of others.
You are right there, I should give credit to someone else who copied and pasted what a southern democrat is.

I added the link. Hopefully we can be friends now.

Old 02-24-2013, 03:07 AM

Quote:
Ahhh you want to play naive. So is it any coincidence that Southern Democrats become.... WAIT FOR IT....... REPUBLICANS in the south!
Southern Democrats at the time may have done so, but they have absolutly nothing to do with the Republican Party of today.

You need to wake up and learn actual reality, which is what politics is based upon.

Your Democratic Party wants to paint their opponents as racist because they are ashamed of their own racist past, and once the racist tag is painted it is hard to shake.

Anyone who focuses so much on race has to be racist themselves, which would indict the modern Democratic Party - who is the only political party in this republic which actively divides people based on skin color.

The Democratic leadership is both astute and dispicable.

All they do is LIE.

Can you handle the truth?

Old 02-24-2013, 03:10 AM

Quote:
Hopefully we can be friends now.
I hope so too.

Can you tone down your rhetoric?

Old 02-24-2013, 03:11 AM

Quote:
Southern Democrats at the time may have done so, but they have absolutly nothing to do with the Republican Party of today.

You need to wake up and learn actual reality, which is what politics is based upon.
Did all the Southerners pack up head to sunny California?

I'm glad you are now using the word "may". Give it time and you'll slowly concede the argument to me.

Quote:
Your Democratic Party wants to paint their opponents as racist because they are ashamed of their own racist past, and once the racist tag is painted it is hard to shake.

Anyone who focuses so much on race has to be racist themselves, which would indict the modern Democratic Party - who is the only political party in this republic which actively divides people based on skin color.

The Democratic leadership is both astute and dispicable.

All they do is LIE.

Can you handle the truth?
You used that "YOUR" word again so I stopped reading past it and assumed you were just stuffing straw into some humanoid shaped creature.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies